• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

It's the second week of the Touch reading club and here's the second opening to get you in the mood. It's not too late to join even if you missed the first week, just steadily work your way through the volumes as we don't have a deadline.

The continuous amount of Hinata wank almost every week since the movie poster was shown is seriously the best thing ever.

1415647779286zcr54.jpg

http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/916/5609/

What?
Viz puts them up every Monday.

Not a subscriber.

So when I come to this thread and see people posting impressions, I have to remind myself I can't go to X and X site to read the chapter.

Busaiku

I don't think Hinomaru Zumo, Judos, and Sporting Salt would be that popular among female readers.
While the latter 2 are getting axed, the former's doing really well.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
addicted to curry has been dead for like two years now, those 600 chapters of glorious food and slice of life will never be experience by us lesser folks...

Quixzlizx

Lets see:

Tadakoro and seeing her grow some more

the other members of the dorm who sadly gets the short end of the stick even though they should be decent.

More of the Alumni and their shenanigans.

Erina because she has approximately 0 time otherwise.

Asshole glasses dude since he's elite ten and supposed to be the "enemy" here.

and others i'm possibly forgetting.

Seeing a near invincible MC, his shitty "negative" clone and some dude who could be worfed at any fucking second is kinda lame right now tbh

I agree about the Polar Star members, but Erina is obviously not going to do shit in the story until Soma challenges her. We've actually seen more of her in this arc than any other, lol. And asshole glasses dude seems pretty one-note, too.

Fox318

The continuous amount of Hinata wank almost every week since the movie poster was shown is seriously the best thing ever.

1415647779286zcr54.jpg

http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/916/5609/

Not a subscriber.

So when I come to this thread and see people posting impressions, I have to remind myself I can't go to X and X site to read the chapter.

How many of the paid manga services are worth it?

Crunchyroll at least does a good job with their anime service.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I agree about the Polar Star members, but Erina is obviously not going to do shit in the story until Soma challenges her. We've actually seen more of her in this arc than any other, lol. And asshole glasses dude seems pretty one-note, too.

She is. She's going to stand around being tsundere as all fuck.

I actually think the point at which he challenges her they won't even be enemies - they're barely enemies to begin with now.

How many of the paid manga services are worth it?

Crunchyroll at least does a good job with their anime service.

I'm not gonna lie. WSJ online blows dead bears and is blown the living fuck out by Crunchyroll. But you also get to legally read shit, mostly faster than the competing free "services."

Quixzlizx

I actually think the point at which he challenges her they won't even be enemies - they're barely enemies to begin with now.

I consider them more frenemies than enemies now, but that doesn't change the fact that she's not really involved with the plot at the moment other than existing and being extremely hot and tsun.

Zweizer

Banned
Lets see:

Tadakoro and seeing her grow some more

the other members of the dorm who sadly gets the short end of the stick even though they should be decent.

More of the Alumni and their shenanigans.

Erina because she has approximately 0 time otherwise.

Asshole glasses dude since he's elite ten and supposed to be the "enemy" here.

and others i'm possibly forgetting.

What about Nikumi? ( ◕ฺ︵◕ฺ)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I consider them more frenemies than enemies now, but that doesn't change the fact that she's not really involved with the plot at the moment other than existing and being extremely hot and tsun.

I imagine the author will find ways to insert her into the plot more often since she's very popular.

What about Nikumi? ( ◕ฺ︵◕ฺ)

I thought we specified interesting characters

Nikumi is like B-tier at best

Quixzlizx

I imagine the author will find ways to insert her into the plot more often since she's very popular.

Yes, by having Soma challenge her, which he's already implied he'll do if he wins in the finals.

At which point she will activate cheat mode and fucking obliterate him. And hopefully troll him by saying "It wasn't much" at the end.

Fox318

I'm not gonna lie. WSJ online blows dead bears and is blown the living fuck out by Crunchyroll. But you also get to legally read shit, mostly faster than the competing free "services."

There is a problem when paid services can't match up to the quality of free services and even apps.

Also hurts that many free translations do better jobs than the licensed sub/dubs and you never have to worry about censorship.

Angry Grimace

Yes, by having Soma challenge her, which he's already implied he'll do if he wins in the finals.

At which point she will activate cheat mode and fucking obliterate him. And hopefully troll him by saying "It wasn't much" at the end.

I doubt it. She isn't required to accept the challenge.

Jump: This is the 1st phase of plan "Naruto is over, holy shit!!!!", lets see what sticks

Jump : "Don't panic..... okay everyone please don't panic!"

well at least they still have OP

jump readers with their usual bad tastes

I can agree on this with for the reason on why Assassination Classroom always ranks so high in most weeks for no apparent reason imo

never read the Sumo manga in great length to give any criticism though

Angry Grimace

She has at least two more super interesting things than Erina, that's for sure!

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same things

I'm talking about boobs, not sure about you

Zweizer

Banned
Shishunki Bitter Change ch16-17

Good job, Yuuta!

And a new rival appears.

Eroge no Taiyou ch12

Lesson of the day: You can do anything with an army of lawyers.

They have Assassination Classroom, they're fine. Great gag manga that sells a lot, the anime will make it even bigger.
I wouldn't doubt that it is selling well but for me and some other people we just find it lifeless and not amusing

idk if it is a cultural difference thing but then again I love Gintama jokes

but then again if it is selling so well then I guess there is something there

You know I am right :p

Megumi has some character (you can see it when she gets serious or with her cooking persona)..... Meat is just pompous, and over dramatic with a hint of being a Tsundere

Angry Grimace

Meat is a useless tsundere
Tadokoro is mostly just an exposition character except when doing something adorbs
Erina is God Tier

Deal with it

Sukima Shiki
I liked the concept behind this manga, the idea of making short stories based on the lyrics of a song. It was especially helpful that each chapter had the full lyrics at the end so I could see how it lined up. The stories overall were nice, some shorter than others. Art was fine too, usually not that big into shoujo artstyles, particularly the tall, slender bishounen but I tolerated it.

Gods, like those gods that do and create a bunch of stuff and then suddenly leave, causing their creations to come up with an insane plan to sacrifice a bunch of other things so god will finally notice them.

Also looking forward to JC Staff to making whatshername to be the Lightning-sama of the anime.

That also applies to Erina you know, and she has none of Nikumi's charms at that.

I know but Erina has one thing that allows her to have such characteristics

she is the main female of the series

while Erina has similar personalities, she may get character development and or change due to the protag.... while Meat just stays the same in order to play her one and only role as some comedy fodder

Zweizer

Banned
I know but Erina has one thing that allows her to have such characteristics

she is the main female of the series

while Erina has similar personalities, she may get character development and or change due to the protag.... while Meat just stays the same in order to play her one and only role as some comedy fodder

It's amusing to me that most people who are propping up Erina while simultanely demeaning Nikumi always fail to come up with any good point the former has over the latter other than her being the assumed main female character.

It's amusing to me that most people who are propping up Erina while simultanely demeaning Nikumi always fail to come up with any good point the former has over the latter other than her being the assumed main female character.

because Erina isn't special at all either lol

well for me at least... I just know the end results and hop on that bandwagon

I don't really hate Meat but just pity the character seeing as she has no main goal, role, or anything for that matter

Edit: If you look at all my Soma posts you'd see me flip flop from one person to the next (with Meat being the exception)

Now I am on the Nikari band wagon ;)))

I like that Alice didn't fall for Soma... it saved her role from falling
Megumi may have some feelings for Soma but she has some goal in mind that she go to in the end

Meat is just some puppy love comedy character.... The italian guy has a better chance then her

Zweizer

Banned
because Erina isn't special at all either lol

well for me at least... I just know the end results and hop on that bandwagon

I don't really hate Meat but just pity the character seeing as she has no main goal, role, or anything for that matter

Well, can't argue against the love interest position, but hey, for some reason I don't really care about the shipping in Soma all that much.

Who knows? Maybe Nikumi will get some more development in the future. For now, she's the most delicious character shown so far, which is why she's my favorite~

Angry Grimace

That also applies to Erina you know, and she has none of Nikumi's charms at that.

Sure, if you like pain.

Didn't you read Chapter 52.5? She's got the same "charms."

The more important point is that Erina is a good tsundere and Nikumi is a useless tsundere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom