• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's Nothing Wrong with Me

4mCMoCMl.jpg

A collection of interesting short stories.

I think my favorite one is the sixth one though all of them are pretty great. If you are looking for a nice collection of short stories, here's definitely a good one.

Yoakemono 01

Two teens with swords fight bandits and decide to make a name of themselves by becoming Shinsengumi. Also something about people with animal powers.

Well points for this being a lot more violent than what you would expect for a Jump series. Some points for that first chapter twist too. I wouldn't have expected that.

I mean it isn't bad, it just feels average. But of well, basically already cancelled.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Vol. 3-A

The start of the third arc, past where the anime ended. I have to say, as much as I enjoy the pseudo-history and political maneuvering, it is getting a bit hard to keep up with. Especially since this arc seems to go more in-depth with the nation's dual representations of Thirty Years' War and Warring States. Negotiations with China-Takeda, India-Houjou, Korea-Satomi, an attack from both France-Mouri HolyRomanEmpire-Hashiba, and a surprise interruption by Ottoman-Oda. Tons of new characters from other nations are introduced to the already large cast, but they are fairly compelling in their own right.

Any Chica Umino fans here? I wish Viz (or any publisher) would release March Comes in Like a Lion (Sangatsu no lion) for the west. I finished Honey & Clover last summer and immediately became one of my favorite stories I have ever read. I watched the anime and I was left speechless... SO. GOOD!

Now I wish anyone would pick her latest work up for English release since it's very popular in Japan. I'm very tempted to get the Japanese volumes but I'm sure I won't enjoy it like when I read it in English since I'm not that good in Japanese yet... It's not even completely available on any manga site. :(

Sangatsu_no_Lion.jpg

I'm most likely to wait for volume 10 to hit stores in Japan 11/24 then will order all Japanese volumes with a dictionary! :p

I've read the first three volumes. It's good.

Jarmel

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia 1-7

Manga is a lot of fun. I was worried in the initial chapter that the kid would go without powers the entire series but the way it's done in the manga is a lot more interesting.

upandaway

Whoa, Boku no Hero Academia is by Oumagadoki dude. The hybrid designs in Oumagadoki were amazing, definitely gonna check that out sometime.

Bleach

I am no longer going to criticize Kubo

I also like this paint guy... Just going to enjoy the ride till the end

One Piece

R.I.P mate

Likely Law will grow up and then later join Doffy's crew (where Doffy won't be able to refuse)

dani_dc

One Piece 767

We all knew it'd end like this, but it was still a sad scene to see.
The other flashbacks had made it a bit muddy who had killed Doffy dad due to the whole mob, but apparently that's when Doffy Haki awakened, allowing him to shoot his dad in the head, nice to see that cleared up.
One Piece

R.I.P mate

Likely Law will grow up and then later join Doffy's crew (where Doffy won't be able to refuse)

Why would he join Doffy crew later on?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece 767

The other flashbacks had made it a bit muddy who had killed Doffy dad due to the whole mob, but apparently that's when Doffy Haki awakened, allowing him to shoot his dad in the head, nice to see that cleared up.

Revenge!

One Piece 767

it is not why would he... It is why did he seeing as he already did after these events

And of course he did it for revenge

Zweizer

Banned
I've read all of them except for Yandere and I don't do good with 4 koma's, they lack substance. Feels like drinking a really good beverage but you can't have anymore because its limited. I'll go ahead and read Yandere and man, my stash of manga is slowly declining, it'll get to the point where I would have to go to Japan if I wanna get my fix!

Have you read any of Dowman Sayman's stuff? I suggest you read The Voynich Hotel otherwise. Check out Husky and Medley, Koharu no Hibi and Wa! as well.

In another 40 chapters we gonna get Nano to Kaoru'd

You won't see me complaining.

S x M 1-4 (END)
Collection of short shoujo stories with a supernatural theme. The opener was an average vampire tale, but chps 2-4 formed a sweet, funny and overall very enjoyable connected story about an exorcist girl and a guy who attracts spirits. Quite possibly the most fun I've had with shoujo since Screaming Lessons. The title stands for Slave (x) Master by the way, which is reflected in the female leads usually being in the dominant position.

dramatis

Shokugeki no Soma 94

It's hard to get excited about a fish dish if you don't like fish, aka moi.

Fish is the worst seafood, man. It sucks that it's most of the seafood...

One Piece 767

mr-t-crying.gif

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!

Yoakemono 01

Two teens with swords fight bandits and decide to make a name of themselves by becoming Shinsengumi. Also something about people with animal powers.

Well points for this being a lot more violent than what you would expect for a Jump series. Some points for that first chapter twist too. I wouldn't have expected that.

I mean it isn't bad, it just feels average. But of well, basically already cancelled.
I loved this series. Great art. This mangaka has so much talent. I really felt they should've cancelled Sporting Salt and let this continue a bit longer.

Chariot

Bleach 605

I didn't understand the dialog on the first pages. Can someone explain to me, what Ukitake did and why and what this Kamikake thing is?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 94

Nice to see Soma lose to someone else other than his dad. I think he's going to take this loss and is going to fuel him to win using something crazy at the tournament.

Usobuko

Banned
There's Nothing Wrong with Me

4mCMoCMl.jpg

A collection of interesting short stories.

I think my favorite one is the sixth one though all of them are pretty great. If you are looking for a nice collection of short stories, here's definitely a good one.

This manga leads me to Prologue - Gymnopedies and I love the art for the first chapter. Thank you.

Bleach

Yay, Aizen is returning soon. Ukitake seems to be a key, or something like that.

one piece

Hopefully this is the end of the flashback.

Naruto

:(

UQ holder

Come on, this is stretching it a lot.

Soma

Why are you teaching Soma how to beat you?

kapowza

Space Bros 239

Almost there!!!!!
Apparently there's going to be a single chapter for each number in the countdown between 10 and blastoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom