• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys really on the images on the last page? Even if its not overtly lewd, I mean, giant speech bubbles about high school girls getting pounded seems in poor taste.

Rhapsody

Banned
Touch Vol.1

Liking it so far, mostly a set up for the characters, feel it might have went a bit too long in that sense though. The changes between panels/pages were at times a bit confusing, especially due to the twins mechanics, sometimes on purpose, others not so much. Not much baseball so far, was expecting more of it, though this isn't a positive or a negstive, just an observation.

The author himself jokes that for a baseball manga, he manga barely has any content of it compared to the romance focus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka a manga by War Criminal Seo Kouji

Remember when this was some fluffy cute shit? Yeah, now its just a Linkin Park song over and over complete with crying on the rooftop while it rains.

Please do a time skip or this shit will be rapidly unreadable. No, I don't care about real Niko wanting his bass back.

*71,575 *71,575 **1 * Boku no Hero Academia Vol.1

which is exactly like Food Wars v1 debut
*71,367 *,*71,367 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.1

Perhaps it will be next in line for an anime end of year 2015 if they treat it like World Trigger.

Why isn't the Naruto chapter up yet?

oh wait :(

Gotta wait until December 6th before we can even get any spoilers for the next chapter.

You know the one set between 699 and 700?

The one that's been confirmed canon?

There's even an advertisement for it.

Chapter699.5.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Touch vol. 2- vol.7

The rivalry between brother, a love triangle, and koshien. Everything seem going well. The younger brother is the hope of everyone, while the older brother is the joke of the family. Then, tragedy happen.
Yes, it's time for the older brother to stop being the support, and jump to the stage.

Harada is a great friend.

Revo

Soul Cartel 144-147

Well, looks like things are looking terrible for the humans. Time to see what shifts the balance.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
can someone give me a manga thats like umi no misaki? i dont care if its a harem ending or not but i want me some down to earth romance and conflicts of everyday life!
please don't give me anything depressing or existential, please

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru

Was an interesting ride but man another MC that's blind as a bat, also rife with an inferiority complex due to an older brother.

Its basically a way tamer version of Tokyo DTED but without the things that makes that work somewhat crazy (the extreme scale of the females, the MC's situation and the ED itself lol).

Would check the LN if possible but that would mean someone translating the rest of them...

And with that Week 2 is complete.

Usobuko

Banned
can someone give me a manga thats like umi no misaki? i dont care if its a harem ending or not but i want me some down to earth romance and conflicts of everyday life!

Sekitou Elergy

24. *33,432 566,961 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.14

Tokyo Ghoul Vol 14 staying strong, hell yes. I really need to know what the Re cover is gonna look like.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Touch vol 8-9
Tatsuya being socially awkward toward his team member, especially Koutaro...wait, is it Kotarou? and he start getting used to his wild pitch. Minami recruited into gymnastic. Annoying Kouhai appear. Thing keep moving forward at sure pace.

Zweizer

Banned

I haven't read Umi no Misaki, but from the synopsis it hardly sounds down to earth.
Try reading these:
  • Wakabayashi Toshiya 4koma
  • Horimiya
  • Yandere Kanojo
  • Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki
  • Taiyou no Ie
so I hear this Keijo manga is about butts. maybe I should check it out.

You should! It's the best butt wrestling manga around here~
Reading it wouldd make the folks who worked hard on it happy as well~

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I haven't read Umi no Misaki, but from the synopsis it hardly sounds down to earth.
Try reading these:
  • Wakabayashi Toshiya 4koma
  • Horimiya
  • Yandere Kanojo
  • Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki
  • Taiyou no Ie

I've read all of them except for Yandere and I don't do good with 4 koma's, they lack substance. Feels like drinking a really good beverage but you can't have anymore because its limited. I'll go ahead and read Yandere and man, my stash of manga is slowly declining, it'll get to the point where I would have to go to Japan if I wanna get my fix!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gun Jou 30

So it finally ended... nicely? I really should read from the beginning again just to fully grasped what the fuck happened. Seems like a nice ending though.

I'd recommend this for people who like long-distance running and angst. Which I'm sure goes hand in hand with each other.

wonzo

Banned
Touch v9

The fan's kinda awkward but its good he's putting in the effort to make a friend. I really hope Minami succeeds at the rythmic gymnastic thing as she deserves to amount to more than just vicariously living through her childhood friend.

Wb1A31M.png

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I wanted the bandana thing to happen when they have the official match.

Not when they're preparing a couple of fish.

Furyous

Full Metal Wing 6

It's about time little homie got free. Rescue the baby dragon! I hope they free his dragon and wreck that village. Expose the shit out of everyone.

Nasser

Any Chica Umino fans here? I wish Viz (or any publisher) would release March Comes in Like a Lion (Sangatsu no lion) for the west. I finished Honey & Clover last summer and immediately became one of my favorite stories I have ever read. I watched the anime and I was left speechless... SO. GOOD!

Now I wish anyone would pick her latest work up for English release since it's very popular in Japan. I'm very tempted to get the Japanese volumes but I'm sure I won't enjoy it like when I read it in English since I'm not that good in Japanese yet... It's not even completely available on any manga site. :(

Sangatsu_no_Lion.jpg

I'm most likely to wait for volume 10 to hit stores in Japan 11/24 then will order all Japanese volumes with a dictionary! :p

The World God Only Knows - On the Train 09-13

Tenri's one was cute.

And most of these are getting farther and farther away about being on a train.

Revo

Boku no Hero Academia 7

All might continues to be the best looking character

Wonder how Midoriya will look. Probably silly.

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 7

Finally they're suiting up. Frog Girl is going to be the GOAT, I can feel it.

Seven Deadly Sins Vol 4-5

Finally got these in the mail. I read 4 earlier in the week. This series continues to consistently remind me of the charm of Dragonball mixed in with some pretty solid character development and good stuff. Also the tournament arc is awesome in this and not boring as shit like many other tournament arcs thus-far, and I'm looking forward to getting volume 6 when it's finally released.

Ring

Of Toriko fame, is a gag series about a game that's basically ring toss.

It's meh. Like really meh. It's a gag series expect it's not really that funny, the art is pretty bad and there's nothing really interesting in it like the world in Toriko that makes me want to keep reading.

My Hero Academia 7

MC has really got to work his way up from the bottom in this. I like it.
One of those suits looks a lot like Incursio from Akame ga Kill
Wonder what MC's suit will look like.
Will probably look dumb so what's his face can laugh

Big One

Banned
Black Jack Volume 1

I was skeptical of this release cause I heard the chapters were in a different order than published, but after reading it and realizing the episodic nature of the series this became less of an issue.

The covering of this is just gorgeous. Vertical does an amazing job with it's releases. Pages also have a very nice feel to them as well and the quality is top tier and much better than standard Viz stuff.

The stories are what you expect: Classic Tezuka. It surprises me to no end he was allowed to published some of this stuff in boy's magazines, as most of the stories are rather pretty dark and heartbreaking despite always having a good end or resolution to make people happy.

Regardless the anthology style of the series is a refreshing change of pace to a lot of modern manga nowadays. It allows you to get a change of pace with every chapter. This was Monster before Monster was a thing, basically. Not saying Monster was the first of it's kind or anything, but the two series parallel in a lot of ways and it's obvious Monster got a lot of it's influence from Black Jack after reading the first volume.

A mix of mystery, medical fiction, science fiction, thriller, and action Black Jack is looking to be a bright series. It's almost Twilight Zone-esque in manga form. I can't wait to crack open the second volume I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom