• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

So glad yen press stuff is back on amzn, or rather yen on stuff. Getting all their upcoming LNS (Index, Log Horizon, Devil is a Part Timer, Sword Art Online: Progressive, more SAO and Accel World, Kawahara's The Isolator, Kagerou Days, and No Game No Life).

Was considering the Dungeon LN but will pass, might be too romancy.

Yes Press stuff never disappeared from my Amazon. it > com!

Busaiku

The only reason I got the membership from Barnes & Noble was so I could get free shipping on release week.
Rightstuf would've been too much, since it was for individual books.

Though I would've saved on stuff like A Bride's Story, but I didn't know I wanted it back then.

Droplet

Would be interesting to guess who recommend Nemureru Mori no Binan for the short read club, a 1986 Shounen Ai manga. It's certainly obscure, there's only a person I knew who read that and she's someone who lean towards 70-90s manga. 2 chapters in I thought they handle this aspect well where our young protagonist isn't that sure of his sexuality yet.

I did. It was on Matt Thorn's list of shoujo manga, most of which were in the 70s to late 90s range. I thought it was pretty interesting to see subject matter that might have been fairly common in American media at the time (mainly
the rise of the AIDS epidemic
) to be depicted from a more foreign view. But I was pretty late in my recommendations so maybe somebody else recommended it before me.

Chariot

j1XkKaBdON0EC.png

Interesting advertisement.

Revo

Keijo 8

Well, I expect some sort of difficulty that isn't not getting in, maybe like a huge judo competition that same time.

The only reason I got the membership from Barnes & Noble was so I could get free shipping on release week.
Rightstuf would've been too much, since it was for individual books.

Though I would've saved on stuff like A Bride's Story, but I didn't know I wanted it back then.

Yeah, I guess RightStuf isn't the best for wanting stuff on the day it comes out, but eh, with my backlog of stuff to read I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to get new stuff. Maybe I'll actually read it by then.

Necrovex

Quick question, do we have any idea how far along One Piece is in completing the Dressrosa arc? I caught up to the anime, and I am considering reading One Piece if we are near the ending of that arc.

Time Killers

A collection of short stories by Kazue Kato of Blue Exorcist fame.

Not bad. The shorter ones are more of the weird variety but I did enjoy most of the longer ones. I liked Boku to Usagi, Astronerd and the one shot that lead up to Blue Exorcist.

The print quality for this is also pretty great. A lot higher quality than what you normally get for manga.

Quick question, do we have any idea how far along One Piece is in completing the Dressrosa arc? I caught up to the anime, and I am considering reading One Piece if we are near the ending of that arc.

well they are having the final showdown but currently we finished a flashback

of course this is Oda so anything could happen that could prolong the fight

upandaway

Keijo 8

That panasonic line, so good. And holy crap 99, haha.

I just love everything about the Nozomi/Miyata banter. It keeps getting better and better.

We have quite a bit to go. It's deep into the "second half", but not really close to the final stretch.

There's also to consider that Oda is taking a break every 3 chapters.

Necrovex

well they are having the final showdown but currently we finished a flashback

of course this is Oda so anything could happen that could prolong the fight

We have quite a bit to go. It's deep into the "second half", but not really close to the final stretch.

There's also to consider that Oda is taking a break every 3 chapters.

How many chapters out is the manga compared to the anime? I want to calculate how much time it'll take for me to catch up.

The pain of reading One Piece at times. But wait, why is Oda taking a break after every three chapters? I thought he was just a writing machine?

upandaway

How many chapters out is the manga compared to the anime? I want to calculate how much time it'll take for me to catch up.

The pain of reading One Piece at times. But wait, why is Oda taking a break after every three chapters? I thought he was just a writing machine?
He got hospitalized some time back, and also had a second kid. I think it's been a few years of these breaks now but don't quote me on that.

I have no clue where the anime is right now.

The Breaker:New Waves Chapter 180

Yo seeing Shiwoon attack his Master was so satisfying. And for him to use the technique that his Master showed him before he left was great. Next chapter is gonna be amazing.

Also dat front cover was too good. Seriously though why do all the female character designs look so amazing.

Kingdom 410

They thought they could one up the Queen but she is like "Fuck it I am speeding this shit!".
Either they win or lose she doesn't care she took the reigns and is moving full speed ahead

Necrovex

He got hospitalized some time back, and also had a second kid. I think it's been a few years of these breaks now but don't quote me on that.

I have no clue where the anime is right now.

That certainly explains it.

I am at the point where Ussop and Robin have begun to attack the toy factory, and the solider is making his way to attack Joker.

How is Gintama? Thinking of starting it.

It is long.... very long

but enjoyable

I'd watch the anime and then continue on with the manga

It is more of a comedy series then a action one but it has a ton of action/sob stories in between and it does it quiet well

the characters make the world very enjoyable

Keijo 8

Older lady is not to be fucked with and even the assholish one can't escape the charms of Nozomi being Nozomi LOL

i will throw this out on a limb here and say Older Lady was either a candidate that was very close to making it but didn't due to having a kid or she was already was a player but then dropped out due to the same reason and is training again.

or maybe she's that good :p

Also it can be that Miyata failed right? Possible clash with her Judo stuff until the next chapter says otherwise.

Yen Press stuff never technically disappeared from .com either.
They were just all MSRP and took forever to ship.

also you couldn't pre-order any of the books that are about to be released.

but Yep and i've made my displeasure of it known in here a few times :(

Hopefully with them making up we can place this shit show of a recently released Spice and Wolf Volume taking up to 4 fucking weeks to ship behind us.

Soma

Touch 155

Hmmm.

Not sure how to feel about some of the latest developments.

The story got really hype when Tatsuya managed to strike out Nitta and even he himself has become a more compelling rival character since he first showed up. Though I'm kinda disappointed to see the whole subplot rivalry between Tatsuya and Takeshi kinda deflate before it properly concluded. Unless it's somehow brought up again, I was hoping to see if he'd ever own up to his shitty attitude towards the team. Also Nitta's little sister is kind of annoying.

And there's also the asshole new coach who despite his shitty attitude has some obvious backstory that has Adachi building it up so much that he has to come into the story as a character to playfully remind us of that! It's not bad though but I'm just hoping it'll lead to a satisfying conclusion.

Necrovex

Long, but amazing. I've heard good things about the anime if you're an anime type of guy (although heard it really picks up after the first 23 eps).

Takkoku 38

Cheaters!

Don't know how I should feel that I stopped watching the anime right at episode 23. XD

dani_dc

Takkoku 38

That's the only way to win against EARTH POWER.

Damn those Aliens. Maybe Kako actually an under covered alien (which forgot her role) and they're just retrieving her.

Depressing to hear about Misaki lack of improvement.

Akito

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Link's Logbook
Since I had only played like the first 2-3 hours of Wind Waker, I can only appreciate the first dozen pages in this manga, everything else pretty much flew over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom