• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Guys I just found out that TK from Ling Tosite Sigure (Sung Psycho Pass OP) is a fan of Tokyo Ghoul's manga.

Like lol I wouldn't have imagined :0
Well, a lot of artists I like read a ton of manga so I'm not surprised he does. I often see them tweeting/posting pictures of manga on Instagram, Tokyo Ghoul seems popular among them.
I think ONE OK ROCK's drummer is the biggest manga reader, he even reads shit like Prison School :lol

Also, everybody plays Monster Hunter, it's crazy.

wonzo

Banned
Terrarium in Drawer 1-4
terrarium1.jpg

someone *cough* *cough* started translating that taisho nominated series with the cool cover. seems to be a pretty sweet collection of sci-fi shorts!

Akito

Terrarium in Drawer 1-4

someone *cough* *cough* started translating that taisho nominated series with the cool cover. seems to be a pretty sweet collection of sci-fi shorts!
Based Hox indeed, hopefully he can just take over the author's other projects as well, BF is too fucking slow.

Noragami 46-47

This flashback about Yato ;___________;

Piece of shit of a father. Now I know there is a reason Yato names his shinki with "ne" in the end to remind him of Sakura.

Read Sket Dance instead, funnier and more emotional and better paced.

Gintama too slow and its beginning is pretty dull. Only good parts to Gintama are its fan driven works which I love immensely and Okita Shogo.

I have nothing against Sket Dance but......

there is a REASON on why the author is the former assistant of the Gintama author
of course I don't mean that he got fired but he is below the Gintama's authors sense of story telling/comedy

Gintama is >>>> Sket Dance imo

Droplet

Did you read the sequel as well? It certainly has more of ending, but I would say its any better. I certainly enjoyed it more, but that is more because it became a goofy melodramatic mess rather than it being actually good. I will never get over the fact that the main character goes to Pakistan in order to escape America's homosexual stigma.

I actually only found out there was a sequel a couple days ago. I was going to post about it when the week had finished, but I would agree it's certainly more..."enjoyable", in its own ridiculous, overdramatic, and contrived plot. Which is funny, because the part you pointed out as being ridiculous actually seemed the least terrible to me because if I remember from my not very close reading, he went to Pakistan to not escape America's stigma, but because he had this notion that if he went there that he would end up dead without committing suicide. Of course it was over the top, but it's not really worse than his partner not dying of AIDs but instead getting shot twice by his wife for having a male partner and bleeding all over the protagonist (and who amazingly, despite theim being partners, still doesn't contract HIV) because, I don't know, not like the AIDs would have killed him anyway.

I liked the original because it was a fairly muted, realistic (albeit slightly melodramatic) view of a failed relationship. There's a sense throughout that their relationship couldn't have worked out anyway, not only due to America's stigma against homosexual relationships at the time, but also because of the culture that stigma had created. So it's unsurprising that one person looking for love and long term commitment would be incapitible with another who's already been ingrained with this idea that a same sex relationship can't last, which is further shown in their final exchange at the airport. I think, in retrospect, it gave a great sense of how the dating scene differed from a heterosexual one, where these kinds of true loves you see in traditional romances normally wouldn't have even had the chance to take shape properly.

And then the sequel happened, and I'm not sure I believe it anymore.

Well, a lot of artists I like read a ton of manga so I'm not surprised he does. I often see them tweeting/posting pictures of manga on Instagram, Tokyo Ghoul seems popular among them.
I think ONE OK ROCK's drummer is the biggest manga reader, he even reads shit like Prison School :lol

Also, everybody plays Monster Hunter, it's crazy.

That's pretty interesting, but Prison School holy shit. I guess some bands like smut.

As for Monster Hunter that isn't surprising considering how popular it is.

SKET Dance and Gintama are both amazing series and should be read by everyone *hmph*

------------------------------------------

ShiraYuki PaniMix! 16

It's just a kiss.

Did you read the sequel as well? It certainly has more of ending, but I would say its any better. I certainly enjoyed it more, but that is more because it became a goofy melodramatic mess rather than it being actually good. I will never get over the fact that the main character goes to Pakistan in order to escape America's homosexual stigma.

wow dude your'e back :O

But like, no other series has that... Seems redundant.

actually the other works of the big 3 did as well iirc (until Bleach lost its anime and now the manga for Naruto is done).

also its not redundant more likely due to spoilers and the massive minefield that poses.

imagine the chats that popup here X 1000 and way more whiny.

Revo

Tokyo Ghoul re: 6

Woo Kaneki stuff. Although this does make it seem like RIP, although there's still outs for being alive.

Fairy Tail - Blue Mistral 01

Wendy is finally what she always wanted to be. A magical girl off to save the way with the power of girl friendship.

dani_dc

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 147

The aunt looks a bit odd in that last panel.

Here's hoping she steals sports girl first kiss so we can move on with the story.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Minamoto kun 147
Minamoto is too hasty...

Eroge no Taiyou 13

A full priced eroge in one month...
*insertmissionimpossiblethemehere*

dramatis

Parasyte [END]

I get the feeling that Parasyte's return from wherever it was in the years after its conclusion is due to the recent popularity of stories with grandiose ideas about humanity and monsters. I'm quite glad that Parasyte managed to stick closely to its intended subject matter and examine it from many angles, with a satisfactory conclusion.

Parasyte isn't perfect, but it certainly is an interesting read.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
They have voice acting during the sex scenes in eroge games now?

Man I haven't played one for way too long ever.

Either way, worst comes to worst we can kickstart the seiyuu's.

Yeah, unless it was indie VN or Rance series, most of them have it. In fact, i know there's eroge with voice acting only during sex scene.

Have you read Koe de Oshigoto? it's a manga about eroge voice actor.

Terrarium in Drawer

This is definitely interesting. Each chapter is different with each other, so you might find something you like or don't like. There's a scifi element in chapter 1, 3, and 4, while chapter 2 feel like a fairy tale.

Revo

Touch v8

What a trade, although I would have taken the Adachi signature. Looks like Minami is expanding her horizons as well.

Also 100% for the giant kazuya picture.

dani_dc

Like most video games now.

If you want suggestions...

Sure thing, I need to check the competition after all!

Yeah, unless it was indie VN or Rance series, most of them have it. In fact, i know there's eroge with voice acting only during sex scene.

Have you read Koe de Oshigoto? it's a manga about eroge voice actor.

I haven't, I will now.
Not much manga reading from me lately outside of keeping up with the old stuff, so I think I'll check that tonight alongside some of the one-shots.

That reminds me of a clip from German dubbing of hentai,
it was a 50 year old lady doing all the sex noises :(

I would be interested to see what mangagaf would produce lol

Didn't a group in 4chan make one?

I'd be curious as well, lots of potential directions it could take, I believe mangaGAF could create something interesting one way or another.

Zweizer

Banned
Sure thing, I need to check the competition after all!

Sengoku Rance and Monster Girl Quest are pretty great (Sengoku Rance in particular for the gameplay), though most Rance games are worth looking into. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are well-known, though the sex is mostly for the hilarity than anything else. Saya no Uta is infamous mostly for the horror and, hey, Nitroplus.

You might want to make sure you're alone before playing these.

I would be interested to see what mangagaf would produce lol

Didn't a group in 4chan make one?

Yep, they made Katawa Shoujo.

I'll do the writing.

I'm an expert regarding mollusks.

What about dragons and dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom