• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

Zai x 10 1-12

make me remember I have to finished High school boys later.

other than that. pretty neat stuff. seem we going to have comedy version of DRRR

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For some reason I was expecting Souma to sound like Goku.
KuGsj.gif

Fans Pick Manga/Light Novels They Most Want Adapted into an Anime

Top 20 Manga/Light Novels Fans Want Made Into An Anime Adaptation

1. Bungou Stray Dogs - 241 votes
  2. One Punch Man - 230 votes
  3. Eromanga Sensei 182 votes
  4. Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto - 179 votes
  5. Niji-iro Days - 173 votes
  6. Oresama Teacher - 165 votes
  7. Zaregoto Series - 162 votes
  8. Last Game- 158 votes
  9. Denpa Kyōshi - He Is a Ultimate Teacher - 154 votes
  10. Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam - 150 votes
  11. Ōsama Game - 148 votes
  12. Usotsuki Lily - 143 votes
  13. Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - 140 votes
  14. March comes in like a lion - 137 votes
  15. Biblia Koshodō no Jiken Techō - 131 votes
  16. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 125 votes
  17. Kami-sama no Iu Toori - 124 votes
  18. Yotsuba&! - 118 votes
  19. Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan - 107 votes
  20. Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 95 votes

Fans have good tastes besides wishing for a Yotsuba&! anime cause that would never happen.

gai_shain

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but im searching for mangas/seinen (not sure what the difference is) to read.
I prefer finished stuff because I already have a lot of stuff to catch up to every Week.

I dont mind short Mangas, mostly I prefer them.

What I have read or am still reading and like/d:

Dead Tube
Underdog
The Breaker/ The Breaker: New Waves
BEAGERUTA
City of Darkness
Hajime no ippo
Berserk
Hayku!
Onepunch Man
Blood and Steel
Suicide Island
Gyo
The Enigma of Amigara Fault
The Junji Ito Horror Comic Collection
Kekaishi
Code Geass
Death Note
Akira
Sword of the Stranger
Kuroko no Basket
Vagabond
Parasyte
Hideout

There might be some stuff missing I read but that should cover it mostly.

Stuff I didnt like:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto

Probably more but since I never invested much time in mangas i didnt enjoy I can only remember those 4 since they are quite popular.
_

I am open for any suggestions and I hope the stuff I have read already can give some pointers to what I like.

If this is the wrong place to post this sorry

upandaway

upandaway

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but im searching for mangas/seinen (not sure what the difference is) to read.
I prefer finished stuff because I already have a lot of stuff to catch up to every Week.
First of all this is the placiest place.

Suggestions:

Baby Steps
Molester Man
Hunter x Hunter
Shokugeki no Soma
seconding Vinland Saga
Kaiji (try to accept the art)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dead Tube
Underdog
BEAGERUTA
City of Darkness
Hajime no ippo
Berserk
Hayku!
Onepunch Man
Blood and Steel
Suicide Island
Gyo
Kekaishi
Code Geass
Death Note
Akira
Sword of the Stranger
Kuroko no Basket
Vagabond
Parasyte
Hideout

Stuff I didnt like:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto

Probably more but since I never invested much time in mangas i didnt enjoy I can only remember those 4 since they are quite popular.
_

I am open for any suggestions and I hope the stuff I have read already can give some pointers to what I like.

Monster

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Dead Tube
Underdog
BEAGERUTA
City of Darkness
Hajime no ippo
Berserk
Hayku!
Onepunch Man
Blood and Steel
Suicide Island
Gyo
Kekaishi
Code Geass
Death Note
Akira
Sword of the Stranger
Kuroko no Basket
Vagabond
Parasyte
Hideout

Stuff I didnt like:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto

_

The Lucifer and biscuit hammer
Real (Inoue Takehiko)
Rainbow
Hoshin Engi
Black Lagoon
Drifter

Fans have good tastes besides wishing for a Yotsuba&! anime cause that would never happen.

One punch man and Yotsuba anime will never happen....
Other than that, solid list.

Kurita

March comes in like a lion - 137 votes
Yes please. And I'm sure it'll happen soon. The upcoming volume of the manga will feature a bonus CD : a theme song for it by BUMP OF CHICKEN. I hope the band will perform the opening of the show.
There's even a magazine cover featuring the vocalist and the MC from the manga.

Zweizer

Banned

The hell is Bungou Stray Dogs and why have I never heard of it before?

Prison School, Hinamatsuri, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Blame!, Gunnm, Hellsing.

The hell is Bungou Stray Dogs and why have I never heard of it before?

Nakajima Atsushi was kicked out of his orphanage, and now he has no place to go and no food. While he is standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, he rescues a man whimsically attempting suicide. That man is Dazai Osamu, and he and his partner Kunikida are members of a very special detective agency. They have supernatural powers, and deal with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. They're tracking down a tiger that has appeared in the area recently, around the time Atsushi came to the area. The tiger seems to have a connection to Atsushi, and by the time the case is solved, it is clear that Atsushi's future will involve much more of Dazai and the rest of the detectives!

It's slowly being translated and I like it. It's has mysteries, super powers, based off books.

I'm sure the pretty boys are helping the votes too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Attack on Titan (caught up)

Okay, so I dunno... Series is okay, I guess? The coup was not as bad as I was expecting. I don't really care about the characters much at all though. Maybe I should try reading it again? I dunno. I feel like I should like this but I'm pretty indifferent to it. Maybe because death is so prevalent that I'm desensitized to it now, so I'm not as invested in the characters as I normally would be.

Maybe I should go read a wiki summary or something...

Revo

Bungou Stray Dogs 1-2

Hmmmm well I doubt it'll ever be something I consider my top pick to see an anime out of. Might be alright, first chapters are still introducing characters so it's impossible to fully judge.

Manga is just the medium, seinen is a demographic for older males. And yes you're in the right place.
Definitely try Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. You could also try out Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa.

Attack on Titan (caught up)

Okay, so I dunno... Series is okay, I guess? The coup was not as bad as I was expecting. I don't really care about the characters much at all though. Maybe I should try reading it again? I dunno. I feel like I should like this but I'm pretty indifferent to it. Maybe because death is so prevalent that I'm desensitized to it now, so I'm not as invested in the characters as I normally would be.

Maybe I should go read a wiki summary or something...

That's how I feel, I think I forget a lot of what happened last chapter because it's monthly.

gai_shain

Alright, thanks for all of your suggestions!

I started with Shokugeki no Soma and I am currently stuck there.
Im gonna go through all the other suggestions once ive read until the most recent chapter which should be sometime tomorrow, because I dont really have anything to do at the moment.

Revo

Baby Steps 239

If they skip ahead in Maruo's match while doing the others I'd be quite glad.

Looks like the ice queen is melting~

Dead Tube
Underdog
BEAGERUTA
City of Darkness
Hajime no ippo
Berserk
Hayku!
Onepunch Man
Blood and Steel
Suicide Island
Gyo
Kekaishi
Code Geass
Death Note
Akira
Sword of the Stranger
Kuroko no Basket
Vagabond
Parasyte
Hideout

Stuff I didnt like:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto

_

Try Tokyo Ghoul it's a really great Seinen manga and it has a sequel called Tokyo Ghoul:re. Also the art drastically improves.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's how I feel, I think I forget a lot of what happened last chapter because it's monthly.
Well I do remember what happened, but I dunno how I'm supposed to feel about it? If I feel anything at all?

I mean, the reason I was attracted to the series was that whole David versus the Goliath theme, but knowing that
the titans are human
kind of ruined it for me. Despite that, the antagonists are my favorite characters anyway, besides Potato Girl, but she
should have died a while ago because I can just tell the author doesn't know what to do with her anymore, in regards to plot relevance

I dunno. I felt this way after the anime too.

Every character in Shokugeki no Soma is a huge Gary Stu other than Tadokoro.
Which is why she's best girl.

Prison School 143
Leave it to Andre to provide the boys an opportunity.

Man, I remember back when they finally escaped prison and how I felt like it was losing steam. Now I can just feel the resolution to this arc getting closer and closer, and I want it so bad.

volgihn

I just turned in a 52 page report @_@.

I will now be having more time for everything so with that being said make me some recommendations.
Here is a list of things I have read:
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Suzuka

I don't have a preference when it comes to genre. What should I read gaf?

Rhapsody

Banned

I will now be having more time for everything so with that being said make me some recommendations.
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Suzuka

52 page report...? Wow lol

If you want something action, my suggestions are

Fullmetal Alchemist
Hunter x Hunter
Eyeshield 21
Shokugeki no Soma

For drama stuff, Oyasumi Punpun (if you're looking for something really dark) and Koe no Katachi's a good choice.

As for romance, definitely Horimiya.

Zweizer

Banned

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Suzuka

I suggest you read, for comedic stuff:
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Yotsuba&!
  • Prison School
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Other recommended reads:
  • Nickelodeon
  • Kingdom
  • One-Punch Man
  • Boys on the Run
  • Koe no Katachi

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Suzuka

Tokyo Ghoul is a must read, such a great Seinen manga. Also the art drastically improves.

Also try.....

OnePunch Man
The Breaker and The Breaker:New Waves
Bezerk

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Suzuka

I'll push for Needless. Violent over the top action with crazy super powers and characters, along with some comedy (of the lewd variety) mixed in.
That, or if you want something older try Getter Robo Saga. The original all the way up through Go.

Just those two off the top of my head.

Furyous

Dem New Waves

Shit gets realer each week.
The head of Chundomoon has a fuckload of explaining to do. Members of his clan play key roles in this disturbance in Murim. Watch 9AD try to destroy Shi-Hoon's key center again. 9AD is about to respect Young Gaju's greatness and I CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. THAT. TO. HAPPEN.

World Trigger

Someone hold me in a non sexual way.
It took damn near three squads to beat one black trigger holder. Watch Osamu take Chika's place as far as getting captured goes.

Dungeon ni Deai

She's plotting something....
By plotting something, I mean stealing the MC's gear. Didn't she steal his knife already? He's too gullible and she is going to take him for all he's worth. Bring back Kami sama author.

Dead Tube
Underdog
BEAGERUTA
City of Darkness
Hajime no ippo
Berserk
Hayku!
Onepunch Man
Blood and Steel
Suicide Island
Gyo
Kekaishi
Code Geass
Death Note
Akira
Sword of the Stranger
Kuroko no Basket
Vagabond
Parasyte
Hideout

Stuff I didnt like:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto

_

https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=130641&list=complete

Usobuko

Banned

I like Yotsuba! but I think Ryushika Ryushika and Hinamatsuri are criminally underrated compared to Yotsuba!. I am also in the camp who preferred Hinamatsuri out of these 3.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
someone help me, the ntr in uso paradox is killing me! i need more manga like this with less cheating pls...

edit:

i know its not ntr but it sure feels like it!

Usobuko

Banned
someone help me, the ntr in uso paradox is killing me! i need more manga like this with less cheating pls...

edit:

i know its not ntr but it sure feels like it!

Is that the manga where a guy is dating a girl who is attached but her r/s is a long distance one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom