• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Lee Spring Time of Youth 37

YjUMJHP.png

jpLK1gg.png

lol at least they still have some of these raws to translate

The end of Naruto pushed me into reading Shingeki no Kyojin, which is one of the most interesting mangas i've read since Berserk, and it kind of reignited my love for the medium. So, even for this, thank you my friend. :'(

Akito

Nemureru Mori no Binan
I pretty much never read shounen ai so I don't really have any point for reference but I though this was rather bland. The story was a means to an end and I cannot say that the characterization was anything groundbreaking either. The only interesting thing about this is the inclusion of AIDS given the historical context but ultimately it was nothing more than namedropping. Oh yeah, the ending also sucked.

VRMN

Nisekoi 147

She works too hard cause she's alone blah blah blah. Lets move on from Yui, or at least make her interesting instead of going down this path.

I demand another Haru arc for putting up with two chapters of her. I'll accept a Marika mini arc as a substitute.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How is Gintama? Thinking of starting it.
Fucking amazing, but watch the anime and then read the manga. The manga has so much dialogue and you don't know who's saying what often. I say this as someone who's skipped around a lot in the anime, but read 80 chapters in one sitting.

the Gintama anime is a really good adaptation

the Manga has some 4th wall jokes relating to volumes and what not so the Anime changes it around a bit so that it is Anime volumes or discs

Fight animations are beautifully done

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the Gintama anime is a really good adaptation

the Manga has some 4th wall jokes relating to volumes and what not so the Anime changes it around a bit so that it is Anime volumes or discs

Fight animations are beautifully done

anime has
character poll
arc, aka greatest thing ever

Fucking amazing, but watch the anime and then read the manga. The manga has so much dialogue and you don't know who's saying what often. I say this as someone who's skipped around a lot in the anime, but read 80 chapters in one sitting.

Am I the only one who feel's the anime of Gintama is better than the manga. Simply because the voice actors add a lot more flare to the comedy and the OST creates feels for a lot of sad moments. Though it's not to say that the manga isn't awesome because it is.

Please sunrise new season.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I remember DTL making a big deal out of World Trigger so I read it and...

Holy hell the art is so bad.

....Well, maybe not bad, but it looks so... basic.

What's the general consensus on this one?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
anime has
character poll
arc, aka greatest thing ever
That was great.

Am I the only one who feel's the anime of Gintama is better than the manga. Simply because the voice actors add a lot more flare to the comedy and the OST creates feels for a lot of sad moments. Though it's not to say that the manga isn't awesome because it is.

Please sunrise new season.
Pretty much everyone feels that way to some degree, I'd think. But you have to give Sorachi credit, the only thing that ruins the manga is the awkward paneling.

I remember DTL making a big deal out of World Trigger so I read it and...

Holy hell the art is so bad.

....Well, maybe not bad, but it looks so... basic.

What's the general consensus on this one?

they're at the same place (the small town) for too long

If you think Bleaches town fight was dragged on then oh boy will you hate the pacing in this

Are you actually implying that a manga with worse pacing than Bleach exists?

What a world we live in.

The World Trigger one
There are some things that give the reader interest.... like the other lands located in the other dimensions
what is their culture? Their history? etc.... but sadly from chapter one until now we are still stuck on this small generic town with no life in it
Plus everyone's move's are basically cubes and straight lines with no flare it gives Ichigo's attacks a run for its money

Edit: Then again I am a world building/unique attacks kinda guy

Kingdom 410

RIP all these losers. I bet the Queen will make it out alive from this, but Rou Ai is dead.

My Hero Academia 8

Props to the chapter being called "Ferocity of a Fucking Nerd"
I hope this is the last one of these tussles between Deku and angry guy so they can develop.

Keijo 8

"Was that ass made by Panasonic" lmfao

I see we will still get the typical Shonen sports animal auras. Except the auras are from the butt now.
And the power of Ara Ara prevails!

Soma

There's Nothing Wrong with Me 1 - 8 (End)

Collection of a few random short stories with a quirky art style.

Most of them are pretty down to earth with random fantasy elements mixed in here and there. There's some interesting themes covered in each one and most of them turn out to be pretty engaging and depressing.

Never have I read a more emotional story regarding the loss of one's anime figurines.

My Hero Academia 7-8

I like this series it is growing on me.... I just hope the author doesn't botch the main story line/twist/main goal/villain

The costumes where nice too... the protag has a simple costume that isn't trying to hard (ahem explosive guy) which is nice

Big One

Banned
Black Jack Vol 2.

I read this one last night. First impression is how much darker in theme it is from the first volume of happy endings. There's a very nice shift in tone and now I'm starting to see why Tezuka grouped the chapters the way he did.

I love the creativity and range of this manga. Sometimes it can be comedy, sometimes it can be hokey science-fiction and fantasy, sometimes it can be a detective story, sometimes it can be commentary on issues in society, and sometimes it can have really heartfelt and touching moments.

Due to how varied each episode is I always feel like I'm reading something new and fresh with this series. Outside of obvious shared designs between characters that is, which is a Tezuka staple.

The best way I can describe Black Jack to someone who hasn't read it is that he's like a Japanese version of Batman, who fights issues with his medical expertise. However unlike Batman he does everything for money, playing more of an anti-hero role that's more down to earth and relateable.

You can tell Tezuka put a lot of love into this series and I'm itching for me. This will be definitely a manga I want in my collection.

My Hero Academia

Shit is getting real. I like how they're really playing off the main character being the underdog rather than being some type of super special being with hidden power.

Shengar

One Piece 767
Doflamingo was about to trashed the marines patrol ships but then backed away when he knew they were Tsuru's ships? Holy shit, I don't know she was dat badass.

Guys I just found out that TK from Ling Tosite Sigure (Sung Psycho Pass OP) is a fan of Tokyo Ghoul's manga.

Like lol I wouldn't have imagined :0

flawfuls

Nemureru Mori no Binan
I pretty much never read shounen ai so I don't really have any point for reference but I though this was rather bland. The story was a means to an end and I cannot say that the characterization was anything groundbreaking either. The only interesting thing about this is the inclusion of AIDS given the historical context but ultimately it was nothing more than namedropping. Oh yeah, the ending also sucked.

Did you read the sequel as well? It certainly has more of ending, but I would say its any better. I certainly enjoyed it more, but that is more because it became a goofy melodramatic mess rather than it being actually good. I will never get over the fact that the main character goes to Pakistan in order to escape America's homosexual stigma.

Rainy

Banned

Should I skip all the filler when I watch or is some of it worth watching?

Akito

Did you read the sequel as well? It certainly has more of ending, but I would say its any better. I certainly enjoyed it more, but that is more because it became a goofy melodramatic mess rather than it being actually good. I will never get over the fact that the main character goes to Pakistan in order to escape America's homosexual stigma.
I didn't even know that there was even a sequel and even though I'm far from being invested in the story, escaping to Pakistan in order to escape America's homosexual stigma sound so hilariously wrong I might as well take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom