• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

I almost wiped this from memory :(

I'm so sorry :(

Sengoku Rance and Monster Girl Quest are pretty great (Sengoku Rance in particular for the gameplay), though most Rance games are worth looking into. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are well-known, though the sex is mostly for the hilarity than anything else. Saya no Uta is infamous mostly for the horror and, hey, Nitroplus.

You might want to make sure you're alone before playing these.

Thanks. I recognize a few names ther. Saya no Uta I know from Gen Urobuchi fame.

And that goes without saying :p

What about dragons and dolphins?
If we're going that route, this is an important question.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 6

It's always kind of hard for me to tell what's going on in the fights. Still enjoy them though.

Finally some info on Kaneki. Looks like he is the new MC's Rize. I wonder if the rest of the characters also have parts of him. That would make them 1/4th ghoul, I guess. Do we know who Urie's father (who was killed by one of the Owls) is?

Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 6 Spoilers warning

1416171867368.png

Kanekipedeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hell fuckin yes, I've been waiting for this day far too long. There's also the number 12 of the tarot cards which is Hanged Man, hmmmm. And Haise seems to be crying.

Also holy shit....
1416154313134.png

How the hell did Nishiki's Kagune get that huge.

Anyways Nishiki=Serpent is confirmed and thank you based Nishiki for beating the fuck out of Urie with your specialty kick. It seems like the reason Urie is edgy if because of his father's death, whom was a associate investigator. Yeah things are about to go down and Haise seems to be unstable, can't wait for the next chapter.

Also art so goooooooood.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I would be interested to see what mangagaf would produce lol

Didn't a group in 4chan make one?

Ah yes, Katawa Shojo
We even have the OT made by Dresden
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457792

Sure thing, I need to check the competition after all!

I haven't, I will now.
Not much manga reading from me lately outside of keeping up with the old stuff, so I think I'll check that tonight alongside some of the one-shots.

That reminds me of a clip from German dubbing of hentai,
it was a 50 year old lady doing all the sex noises :(

I'd be curious as well, lots of potential directions it could take, I believe mangaGAF could create something interesting one way or another.

Mangaf original eroge will be something to behold, that's for sure.

I'll do the writing.

I'm an expert regarding mollusks.
Ohyou.jpg

This didn't even occur to me, haha. Awesome.

Chapter 6 of Tokyo Ghoul and the sequel Re are similar, in that both
Nishiki and Kaneki confront each other.
That parallel is just really awesome.

I'm starting to believe that the reason Ishida made a sequel instead of continuing from the original was to have Re parallel Tokyo Ghoul.
Yeah we might see Amon as a Ghoul.

Akito

Terrarium in Drawer 1-4
The individual chapters are way shorter than I expected but I liked all of them so far, especially the third one.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Its DTL...

you of all people should know this.

Well, to be honest the name caught my eye too. "World Trigger" has a nice ring to it.

And who knows? Maybe every once in a while DTL gets out of his trolling mood to provide a good recommendation that I can enjoy.

But apparently this is not one of those times yet.

Sai

Acony - End

That felt kind of abrupt. I was expecting a cure to be found. But, it's kind of nice when a manga can end without feeling as though it's overstayed its welcome.

Soma

thank fuck that i dropped SAO years ago so my mind won't play tricks on me and i can be able to not hear Kirito as Souma.

edit - also wow he voiced Miyamura in the Horimiya OVA? well then.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I only watched SAO dubbed so I won't hear Kirito in Soma
Unless the Soma dub gets Papenbrook for him...

Watch when the first episode looks really amazing and then the rest that air are low budget.

Shit I'm scared for Prison School's adaption, fuck it's gonna be Deen isn't it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
That's half the budget right there.

I can't wait until the actual anime looks way worse.

Watch when the first episode looks really amazing and then the rest that air are low budget.

Shit I'm scared for Prison School's adaption, fuck it's gonna be Deen isn't it.

I can't wait till they start using stick figures in episode 4

:(

Well, at least it won't be Kill Me Baby
I hope....
Or, they probably could save animation budget using live action segment, showing how to cook the recipe in the show. Maybe. Won't be surprised if they did that.

Kieli

Dat animation.

Dat foodgasm.

Dat swag.

Dat... wait, is that......... Kirito?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Food Wars composer is bringing his very best here, my favorite instrumet and part it plays in most of his songs used in the pv made it very good.

It, utapri3, fafner and seraph are getting great promo love.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just clicked the Soma video. At least the highs of it looks great when looking at the animation.

But it's JC Staff. If it's not Railgun, anything goes. (Toradora and Henneko budgets felt like a fluke)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i cant even find tokyo ghouls translated! i wanna see nishiki beat someone up!

Also

Minamoto 147

The angles in this, HMMMMM

edit:

the soma PV looks too high quality, get prepared for a downgrade folks unless the staff knows how to budget money.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";139179043]I have some writing experience in this area.[/QUOTE]

Izzet Me, Izzet You doesn't count.

dumbyugi

Nemureru mori no bina

Not for me. I don't like the art a whole lot and the 2 main characters suck. I know it wasn't meant to be funny but I couldn't help but laugh at the aids stuff in the last chapter. I don't mind a bit of BL but this wasn't an enjoyable read. 2/10

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

This is still my favourite official Nintendo manga. I've read it quite a few times and I still find it funny. I just wish there was more Zelda manga that were as good as this one. 9/10

Transient Flower

Didn't care much for this. I didn't like Saya much at all. The art's decent enough, nothing outstanding but not bad. Also this doesn't come up if you search Karisome no Hana on mangaupdates which threw me off a bit. I wish it had a more conclusive ending but maybe that's just me. 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom