• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi Gets Magical Girl Spinoff Manga Series

I thought on you guys when I read that.

You know I actually wanted a spinoff, but why fuckin Onodera. Her character is boring as hell. I mean a story about a tree would be far more entertaining. Like who the fuck wanted this, it's not like it's gonna make her character interesting. I seriously wanted a Marika spinoff because it would be a whole lot better with her trolling adventures, plus Marika is a better character.

Sensou Gekijou 01

YF2Z1B6.jpg

The grand battle opens as your shoulder angel and demon duke it out.

Bleach 607

"Do you really think you can halve my power, I can just give it back to myself"
"Do you really think you can take my left arm, I can just beef it up"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One Piece 769

I think Doffy was a heavy drinker in the past. He's always drinking in flashbacks.
Is Luffy just going to replicate the original moment here? That would probably kill Bellamy. I don't think you could've given Law a more useless wound. This guy swaps hearts like it's nothing, re attaching an arm is child's play.

You know I actually wanted a spinoff, but why fuckin Onodera. Her character is boring as hell. I mean a story about a tree would be far more entertaining. Like who the fuck wanted this, it's not like it's gonna make her character interesting. I seriously wanted a Marika spinoff because it would be a whole lot better with her trolling adventures, plus Marika is a better character.

Isn't it because she's by far the most popular character?

Don't even read the series, but I have seen those character popularity polls with her in 1st and know that she's a favorite among the anime guys.

Isn't it because she's by far the most popular character?

Don't even read the series, but I have seen those character popularity polls with her in 1st and know that she's a favorite among the anime guys.

I gave up on the series but apparently the polls were skewed

as in one guy gave in multiple votes for Onodera

One Piece

Crazy chapter. I really liked Bellamy's character development during this arc. It really seems like he feels his strength is the only thing justifying his existence.

Also, Law's
arm getting his arm stomped off was brutal

VdbuDfR.png

"Oh no"

"His arm got cut off"

"Whatever shall he do?"

"If only he had a power that could help him reattach it or gain another one"

Seriously, Doffy?

At least try and blow the arm into smithereens.

VdbuDfR.png

"Oh no"

"His arm got cut off"

"Whatever shall he do?"

"If only he had a power that could help him reattach it or gain another one"

Seriously, Doffy?

At least try and blow the arm into smithereens.

I mean, it was mostly to hurt Law more than anything

Also, if One piece operated on normal physiology Law would die of shock or blood loss before he would reattach his arm

upandaway

One Piece

Oh oh oh oh, so THAT's how Doffy was blocking swords with his legs. I didn't even think about that.

Law's arm was nuts. To say it's irrelevant because he can probably deal with it is a bit silly to me. Although heavy One Piece injuries are usually temporary they also usually have heavy effects while they last, and they always hurt like heck.

I sympathize with Bellamy and think it's not easy to be humiliated so much for so long but man, dude-man, dude, look. You need to chill out a bit and let this go. I don't think I agree with not letting it go at THIS point.

Nakamura Koedo to Daizu Keisuke wa Umakuikanai 00-01

Girl likes boy. But every time girl tries to confess or get close to boy, the universe says no way.

This is cute. Really cute and I like how she never gives up. So cute.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nakamura Koedo to Daizu Keisuke wa Umakuikanai 00-01

Girl likes boy. But every time girl tries to confess or get close to boy, the universe says no way.

This is cute. Really cute and I like how she never gives up. So cute.

Whatever happened to that other manga about a guy liking a girl and each time she falls in love with him she disappears?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Full rankings to be nice

Gakkyuu Houtei (Lead CP/Cover)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
E-Robot (Center color/25p)
Haikyuu
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Soma
Takujou no Ageha (23p)
Bleach (Center Color)
Toriko
Gintama
Isobe
World Trigger
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Nisekoi
Kochikame
Judos
Hi-Fi Cluster
Sporting Salt

To Hi-Fi Cluster and Sporting Salt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihu8_nbhw8&feature=youtu.be&t=10s

It's gotta be a blessing that Hinomaru Zumou isn't with the other rejects.

I mean, it was mostly to hurt Law more than anything

Also, if One piece operated on normal physiology Law would die of shock or blood loss before he would reattach his arm

If One Piece had normal Physiology then Luffy, Zoro, and a whole bunch of other characters would have died already.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

It was a decent chapter. I like that they're showing more of the Monk's abilities but it definitely was a corny game of back and forth. In all honesty... when i read chapters like this it makes me miss the anime that much more. Bleach translates well to anime so when fight chapters like these fail to grasp the user.. the anime translates the vision even better.

Here's hoping that after this arc is done... a studio picks this up in anime form... without the fillers to bore us to tears.

Finally caught up on Magi, the Solomon flash back went on a bit too long despite it being very good. This stuff afterward has been great especially this flashback with Judar and Hakiryuu attempting to kill the emperess. Glad the series has a definitive villain who is releatable and has motivation I can understand.

Koizora 1-29 END

Supposedly based on a real story but I felt it was just dumb with dumb characters and forced bad decisions -- and it seems all the bad circumstances happened to the main characters for drama. It lacked good characters and the circumstances were what pushed the story as opposed to the characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka by Futami Sui

Pretty amusing and cute story about a NEET who wants to try finding a job. Rather relatable as well. However, it reminds me that Hatarakanai Futari, the serialized version, has yet to be translated.

( T^T)

Akitooooooo...

Worlds by Ryu Fujisaki

Collection of short stories. Some of them have somewhat interesting concepts, but overall it's fairly boring and bland.

Helter Skelter by Okazaki Kyoko

Beauty and fame at all costs. The obession and ensuing insanity of a model, and the circumstances surrounding her, as well as the inevitable trainwreck that ensues. Fascinating yet disturbing.

Sakura no Kimi by Yamaguchi Miyuki

A short tale about eye contact, petals and love. Nice story, but ultimately it's not particularily memorable.

Family Fight by Mizuno Sayaka

One of the most meta works that I've ever encountered. The fourth wall has never been the same after I read it.

Guess who selected them?:
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka:
dumbyugi
Worlds:
striferser
Helter Skelter:
Akito
Sakura no Kimi:
A Huge Battleship
Family Fight:
Me

Akito

Sora no Shita Yane no Naka by Futami Sui

Pretty amusing and cute story about a NEET who wants to try finding a job. Rather relatable as well. However, it reminds me that Hatarakanai Futari, the serialized version, has yet to be translated.

( T^T)

Akitooooooo...
vjLYame.jpg

All manga are officially cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom