• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma 96

f499a68bde.png

Tsun meat is the best meat.
And that face as the end, so good. That's a checkmate right there.

"imbecile, i'll let you become my chair" kind of woman.
I'll be her chair

tbmTxTc.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Akame ga Kill anime spoilers regarding the shitty fake ending inserted, just for A Huge Battleship:
The anime adaptation of Akame ga Kill is super trollicious. I mean, Mein actually dies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The anime adaptation of Akame ga Kill is super trollicious. I mean, Mein actually dies.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME! I ALMOST CRIED FOR THE ANIME AND THEY ARE FUCKING DATING IN THE MANGA?!! YO FUCK THIS SHIT

edit:

i need a moment to compose myself and finish watching the anime since im so far in but seriously, i will stick to the manga even though it was too dark for my liking in the beginning. ahhhhhh man like seriously wtf...

You know with the stupid shit Bleach has done, I can never hate it. It probably has to do with nostalgia. Oh well at least we can all remember it as a series that had the strongest beginning. Seriously though say what you want but Bleach did have the strongest beginning compared to other series in Shonen Jump.

Nah not really. I'd say Naruto had the best, with the Zabuza and Haku arc.

It got great during the whole Shinigami arc though, plus the Aizen reveal was fantastic. Then it started being shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nah not really. I'd say Naruto had the best, with the Zabuza and Haku arc.

It got great during the whole Shinigami arc though, plus the Aizen reveal was fantastic. Then it started being shit.

Thinking about it, yeah, I might have to agree with that. During that arc, they already started establishing different villages, how chakra works, and training. Bleach's pre-Soul Society stuff was just decent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dude, what? This isn't an anime spoiler thread. Even if that'd just happened in the manga, posting about it without putting the series name in bold first'd still be shitty.

Except it didn't happen in the manga at all. I mean, but fine, if you need the shitty alternate anime ending spoiler tagged, despite having completely untagged spoilers of the actual storyline every other day, here you go.

I didn't think that was spoiling anything (I guess its spoiling the dumb anime ending, but that never crossed my mind as a thing that anyone would care about.)

3D Kanojo 1-32

The title of this manga is kind of off putting. I thought it was going to be something like A.I. Love You or some other virtual reality thing but that's not it at all. It's a story about an otaku and a beautiful girl with no friends who meet by pure chance and form a relationship, which is caused by their respective characters. The characters have personality and the art is decent. It's shojo but it's very light shojo. I think it even hardly qualifies as shojo, actually. Oh, and the girl is going to move away in 6 months. The two gradually come to appreciate each other more and the character development is steady. The support characters are great -- I can only recommend for those looking for a good romance comedy.

kasane

3D Kanojo 1-32

The title of this manga is kind of off putting. I thought it was going to be something like A.I. Love You or some other virtual reality thing but that's not it at all. It's a story about an otaku and a beautiful girl with no friends who meet by pure chance and form a relationship, which is caused by their respective characters. The characters have personality and the art is decent. It's shojo but it's very light shojo. I think it even hardly qualifies as shojo, actually. Oh, and the girl is going to move away in 6 months. The two gradually come to appreciate each other more and the character development is steady. The support characters are great -- I can only recommend for those looking for a good romance comedy.

it aint fully translated right?

Revo

Aho Girl 28

What a waste of half a year of time.

First Oneshot by HSDK Author

Wasn't too bad. Would stay around HSDK level entertainment value.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 125

Looks like the suffering is on hold for a bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
New short reads list should be coming up soon. Sorry if I seem like didn't really interact with the club though. I have been keeping up with the list but it's been a really shitty week if you're a cricket fan, especially if you're an australian cricket fan. The whole incident just made me not feel like doing a whole bunch of things really. But I'll get a new list up and hopefully gather up some of my impressions throughout the week.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
One Punch Man
Just binged read the whole series (up to the current chapter, anyway). Good stuff.

Kind of reminds me of "Worm" (I think it was called), a web serial about superheroes. I would like some real mystery soon though (not just "who is X?!")

Antiwhippy

Had a bit of a reread again just to gather my thoughts.

Kamisome no Hana

Interesting idea about using beauty to show the shallowness of people, but ironically enough the concept itself could have been explored deeper.

Worlds

The art seriously reminds me of something else, though I haven't actually read anything by ryu fujisaki I don't think. Some stories fall a bit flat for me but I quite like the second one, though that twist where he was sold to the butchers was hilarious to me.

Sakura no kim

Cute, but that's all really. Guess it just shows that you have to grab onto your chance before it's too late. Which I guess is kind of a parody of how romance mangas take it so fucking slow most times.

Family Fight

Shoujo style >>>> the other style.

Most of the others are stuff I've already read, except for the legend of zelda one. Still kinda want to play it one day.

Antiwhippy

Week 5
Children Can't Choose Their Parents by MIHARA Mitsukazu
Mayple-san no Koucha Jikan by AOI Kuuta
Hagoromo Mishin by KODAMA Yuki
Getenrou by ISHIGURO Masakazu
Suki mo Yoi by FUTAMI Sui

Realised that it's FUTAMI Sui two weeks in a row but fuck it, I liked Suki mo Yoi.

Soma

Being Nikumi is suffering.

Zweizer

Banned
YO JUST IN TIME BREHSSSSSSS!~!!!!!!

EDIT: YO SHE BEST NOW FUCK ALICE

EDIT 2: ACTUALLY WHY NOT BOTH

Well, good thing you aren't wearing an Alice avatar anymore.

Now we just need some aged meat to appear in Soma for everything to be perfect.

Aged meat doesn't sound good, but hey, I'll reserve my judgement for when she does show up.

For now, Meat is perfect~

I read AKB49, has waifu potential but its trash since it doesn't go any further with it. Just eye candy IMHO.
The point of AKB49 aren't 2D versions of real idols, is....HOT BLOODED IDOL ACTION!

Pretty much.

Don't lie to yourself. We all know how much you like Boys on the Run~

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch96

Nikumi~

Yeah, I wouldn't want to put that fish anywhere near my mouth.

Week 5

Realised that it's FUTAMI Sui two weeks in a row but fuck it, I liked Suki mo Yoi.

Welp, never heard of any of them. You guys sure know your stuff.

One Punch Man
Just binged read the whole series (up to the current chapter, anyway). Good stuff.

Kind of reminds me of "Worm" (I think it was called), a web serial about superheroes. I would like some real mystery soon though (not just "who is X?!")

The fact that it actually managed to have some world building and generally keep variety despite the simple premise is good enough for me, tbh. And with some of the special chapters included, his powers actually seem to be part of a mystery.

Karakuridoji Ultimo v10

Such little action this volume but pretty great developments. Vice is pretty cool and receiving such a "cool power" was a spectacular move forward. However the way things turned in the future were pretty baffling. That is not how one ends a volume as the cliffhanger is extreme. It is also hard to imagine how they were able to unite to take on Dunstan.

I cant believe its only five chapters this volume :(

New short reads list should be coming up soon. Sorry if I seem like didn't really interact with the club though. I have been keeping up with the list but it's been a really shitty week if you're a cricket fan, especially if you're an australian cricket fan. The whole incident just made me not feel like doing a whole bunch of things really. But I'll get a new list up and hopefully gather up some of my impressions throughout the week.

Wasn't keeping up on this until yesterday and damn :(

it must extremely suck for the guy who did the action never thinking something like that would ever happen.

Week 5

still have 2 more works from week 4 to finish, gotta get on that then.

Yankee-kun to Pantsu no Ouji-sama 6 [end]
B3i8wTpCEAEIsr6.png:large

Perfect ending chapter to this bl manga. Deliquent being into the wealthy guy and then so into it that he was afraid to have him travel off to study abroad for four years was a great closing chapter. They were great friends all through out. Their dating hot springs trip was a great point to really capture their emotions about things. I loved the scenes afterwards after sharing such feelings then promising to be together after he finishes studying.

Perfect action in both parts and great activity in the spring. Loved it and definitely one of the best I read.

Week 5

Suki mo Yoi settled the romance itch that I was missing from Futami's other manga, so I quite enjoyed it.

Antiwhippy

Wasn't keeping up on this until yesterday and damn :(

it must extremely suck for the guy who did the action never thinking something like that would ever happen.

Yeah, really bummed me out all week. I think it really affected the cricketing community mostly because it's not a sport known for fatalities, despite allowing the equivalent of throwing a rock at somebody's head at 100 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom