• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the LINE Webtoon challenge comics look appealing, I wish there was some quality checks as artwise some of those should have received a big red x.

The Jackie Rose is decent but I dont like western artstyle :(.

Full rankings to be nice

Gakkyuu Houtei (Lead CP/Cover)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
E-Robot (Center color/25p)
Haikyuu
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Soma
Takujou no Ageha (23p)
Bleach (Center Color)
Toriko
Gintama
Isobe
World Trigger
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Nisekoi
Kochikame
Judos
Hi-Fi Cluster
Sporting Salt

To Hi-Fi Cluster and Sporting Salt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihu8_nbhw8&feature=youtu.be&t=10s

Wow which chapter of Nisekoi must that have been, I thought the yui ones and onodera ichijo ones were fun so hopefully not those. Shocked World Trigger's half done chapter ranked higher than it and Saiki Kusuo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka by Futami Sui

Pretty amusing and cute story about a NEET who wants to try finding a job. Rather relatable as well. However, it reminds me that Hatarakanai Futari, the serialized version, has yet to be translated.

( T^T)

Akitooooooo...

Worlds by Ryu Fujisaki

Collection of short stories. Some of them have somewhat interesting concepts, but overall it's fairly boring and bland.

Helter Skelter by Okazaki Kyoko

Beauty and fame at all costs. The obession and ensuing insanity of a model, and the circumstances surrounding her, as well as the inevitable trainwreck that ensues. Fascinating yet disturbing.

Sakura no Kimi by Yamaguchi Miyuki

A short tale about eye contact, petals and love. Nice story, but ultimately it's not particularily memorable.

Family Fight by Mizuno Sayaka

One of the most meta works that I've ever encountered. The fourth wall has never been the same after I read it.

Guess who selected them?:
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka:
dumbyugi
Worlds:
striferser
Helter Skelter:
Akito
Sakura no Kimi:
A Huge Battleship
Family Fight:
Me

Bingo!

wonzo

Banned
vjLYame.jpg

All manga are officially cancelled.
buy a macbook air

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

MC x Swimsuit Prince OTP

Yay!

For the record this is unintelligible horseshit. Saki led MC on and it's totally normal to pursue girls that express interest.

When are they gonna announce Sporting Salt's cancellation?

its almost been a month without translations so lol.

Tokyo DTED

GuiltyGearDestroyed.gif

If a dude who parades in a fucking girls swimsuit in public is the one to give you sound advice then you have fucked up big time.

Lets see if this helps

Zweizer

Banned
For the record this is unintelligible horseshit. Saki led MC on and it's totally normal to pursue girls that express interest.

Context matters, and in this case the guy just see a rather bland guy being miffed because a girl doesn't really likes him (not that I disagree about Saki being unreasonable, just that I doubt Swimsuit Prince knew about the details of it), and he correctly asserted about MC's flaws.

Guys, need help with this manga's name.

Is about a guy who fights using cloth that can also transform into a girl.

Tsugumomo?

BlazS01

Banned
Toriko 303

Omfg!!! Couldn't believe it when I read it D:!!!

I assume is some form of illusion or maybe poison dolls but man did I get shocked omg

They got too cocky lol

Bleach 607

Meh, they repeating same things over and over, didn't ichibe say he would go after the kill like 3 chapters ago. Just KO the fat guy alrdy quincy king zzzzzzz getting bored again.

One piece 769

Didn't happen much in the chapter, pacing quite slow :/

Zweizer

Banned
Touch v12-13

Alright, I guess I'm gonna need a shit list.

Touch shit list
  • Tatsuya's parents
  • The coach
  • The principal
  • Yoshida
  • Yuka

Nitta is pretty boss. Nishimura... well, at least he tries.

360pages

Honestly, at this point he should move the fuck away. There are far to many crazies around there. Being NTR'd by your brother seems tame compared to the shit he's facing.

Raxus

One Piece

Luffy is going to totally one shot Bellamy again just like before. I am with everyone. I loved this arc but I want the final battles to start. The pieces are in place we just need a follow through.

Law is just going to reattach his arm after the fight ends.

Bleach

END!

I swear the past few chapters have been zero squad member arrives, jobs somebody, somebody else arrives or some bullshit power up happens and they one shot said zero squad member. Can our main characters arrive to fight these clowns and be done with it.

Tokyo DTED 9

how dare this dude go after girls that express interest in him. though he should probably expand his interests beyond the girls that work with him since they all suck.

I wish we had a Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V manga so that we could elucidate a connection with say Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal. There certainly cant simply be a coincidence for why the Future Land is called Heartland for the Action Duel setting in the newest episode.

dani_dc

Bleach

I have no idea what this attacks are even supposes to be doing.

Two chapters into the fight and it's literally been a game of "nu-uh".

"I took half your power!"

"No you didn't!"

"I'm absorbing your arm!"

"No you aren't!"

Bleach

I have no idea what this attacks are even supposes to be doing.

Two chapters into the fight and it's literally been a game of "nu-uh".

"I took half your power!"

"No you didn't!"

"I'm absorbing your arm!"

"No you aren't!"

Kubo somehow has been able to make Bleach have more bullshit and non-understandable nonsense then ever before.

District Hakkenshi [code: T-8] 52

Time for Sousuke to do something I hope. With Shino so far away, Sousuke is the only one in a position to do anything. Its going to be good if he can do some offensive action instead of being only a white mage.

Red Blood Red Legacy 29

finally a new chapter. Plot premise seems similar to Seraph of the End.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi Gets Magical Girl Spinoff Manga Series

I thought on you guys when I read that.
Where is Magical Girl Marika?!

The only way I'd read this with Onoboring as the main character is if it was based on Madoka and
she gets erased from every universe ever

Shokugeki no Soma 97 Spoiler:

They introduced a new character
Alice's Mother Leonora Nakiri as one of the 3 judges for the final. She had a 9 hour international call with her daughter after she lost to Souma.

Spoiler:
http://i.minus.com/jMyvtco8yMyi0.jpg
kasane post if ur ok

Ojojojo 27
That'a boy, Chris. Take all those flags and stomp on them.

Where is Magical Girl Marika?!

The only way I'd read this with Onoboring as the main character is if it was based on Madoka and
she gets erased from every universe ever

kasane post if ur ok

Ojojojo 27
That'a boy, Chris. Take all those flags and stomp on them.

I was asking the same question where is magical girl Marika. Why can't it be her?

Reading Bleach after reading Gintama just magnifies the problems Bleach has. It's just fucking stupid. As stupid and long drawn as a shounen manga can get.

Want to know what's worst?

OH HEY YOU KNOW ALL THE FAN FAVORITE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE AND WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT? Fuck you let's watch two old men fight.

Main character? Fuck him.

Quite possibly the worst I've read in Jump, surpassing Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Fuck, at least that gave the fans what they want.

Also, if you aren't reading Gintama but complain about Bleach, you really have a problem.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nisekoi.

Read The Voynich Hotel and AKB49.

I read AKB49, has waifu potential but its trash since it doesn't go any further with it. Just eye candy IMHO.

Tokyo DTED ch9

Pretty boy laying the beatdown.

It feels like a watered-down version of Boys on the Run.

Stop.

YO JUST IN TIME BREHSSSSSSS!~!!!!!!

EDIT: YO SHE BEST NOW FUCK ALICE

EDIT 2: ACTUALLY WHY NOT BOTH

Calm down bruh, we can have the ultimate harem, that way all of us would be happy.

Reading Bleach after reading Gintama just magnifies the problems Bleach has. It's just fucking stupid. As stupid and long drawn as a shounen manga can get.

OH HEY YOU KNOW ALL THE FAN FAVORITE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE AND WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT? Fuck you let's watch two old men fight.

Quite possibly the worst I've read in Jump, surpassing Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Fuck, at least that gave the fans what they want.

Also, if you aren't reading Gintama but complain about Bleach, you really have a problem.

I'm not sure if Bleach can pull of a worse ending then KHR, though that was axed so Bleach can only fall that far if Kubo really tries hard.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Onodera is zzzzzzz~
Shokugeki no Soma 97 Spoiler:

They introduced a new character
Alice's Mother Leonora Nakiri as one of the 3 judges for the final. She had a 9 hour international call with her daughter after she lost to Souma.

Spoiler:
http://i.minus.com/jMyvtco8yMyi0.jpg

"imbecile, i'll let you become my chair" kind of woman.
I'll be her chair

Ojojojojojojo 27

Chris-kun destroy his flag. Come on, son!

You know with the stupid shit Bleach has done, I can never hate it. It probably has to do with nostalgia. Oh well at least we can all remember it as a series that had the strongest beginning. Seriously though say what you want but Bleach did have the strongest beginning compared to other series in Shonen Jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom