• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
owsRJWl.png

giphy.gif

Missed opportunity to not have Blue.

Like Red isn't that bad.

But she's inferior to Blue in every possible way.

Least Stalker girl is coming along.

Hoping for more of those "dat ass" shots from her.

VRMN

I keep forgetting she doesn't know.

Don't think she would go on the offensive, she's too much of a secretly shy girl to ever do that.

Probably. Marika also doesn't know, but not like that's restrained her. In fact, if it has, then I'm scared of what an unrestrained Marika would do. Actually, I think those two and Yui are the only ones who don't know. And I'm not sure on Yui; I just know that other girl Ue doesn't. Kosaki, Ruri, Haru, presumably Fuu, and Shuu are all in on it.

Genji the Deaths Friend 34

Getting afraid for Jun, hes diving too deep.

The Obligatory Harem Contract 6

Series really enjoying having characters do the save the idol at a concert type of thing, we just saw it last season with Rail Wars even.

Tengu Party vol 1

tLUfaoj.png

Hey, this drawing... is this from the Sexy Voice and Robo guy? ...Yes, it is.

About a girl kidnapped by a tengu (and replaced by a mud doll), who discovers how her going missing in her family provoked an even bigger mystery she can imagine. Who is the uncle? Maybe some powerful spirit?
Characterization is good, Shinobu is in between the Tengu world and the human world, conflicted by the things she has been stolen: a normal family, a house, education, etc, and in between the respect of the Master she always obeyed most of her life and the reality she can see now as an adult: the Master is a good for nothing that maybe time ago was powerful, but it is incapable of dealing with the real world. He won't let himself to be looked down by a human cop or denigrate himself to work for eating, but hiding cowering and searching garbage for eating is ok for him. Very pure crow-like behavior, if we think about it.

The narration is a bit incoherent, the dialog doesn't flow very smoothly, same as the drawing as if there is action or anything like that is hard to notice what's happening from panel to panel.

Nightbird

Boku no Hero Academia 15

I love that Frog-Girl, and Deku is totally the Batman-Type of Character right now.

Also: has anyone else the feeling that the sudden burst in popularity of that Title comes from that Image?

tumblr_nfljkvUseD1u1x4ejo1_500.jpg

A few Days after that Picture appeared on 9Gag and similar Sites, Hero Academia spiked in popularity. Sure, it's silly to think that it was that Picture alone, but i feel like it has done a big Part in this. Or maybe it's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stinky

Tomorrow's Joe (Ashita no Joe) v1-20(END)

Been slowly making my way through it for a while, very good manga with a classic 60s artstyle. I loved Joe as a character, the story was excellent and the fights were very cool.

Spoilers:

I was actually so surprised about the aftermath of Rikishi vs. Joe .. legit chilling.
I didn't love the ending but the final shot was pretty awesome.
10 Cross-Counters/10

Kurita

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Assassination Classroom's hype, because that lead to disappointment.

Anyways I just hope this series doesn't overuse generic cliches.
Well in my case I hope I'll enjoy it as much as AssClass but I'm in the minority on that one (>_>)

Kyuur

About what chapter would readers of Hero Academy say it gets good? I read the first chapter and was unimpressed with the art and concept, skimmed through the next two chapters and still was fairly meh.

Mecha

About what chapter would readers of Hero Academy say it gets good? I read the first chapter and was unimpressed with the art and concept, skimmed through the next two chapters and still was fairly meh.

The manga is starting to get a bit better with a threat appearing, but it's still an average battle shounen right now.

360pages

One Piece isn't garbage at all, and honestly I feel people who legit think it's awful hate fun for some reason. I get not really enjoying the world or anything like that, but saying it's garbage when it still manages to keep its own head out of its ass unlike a lot of other series isn't fair.

One Piece isn't garbage at all, and honestly I feel people who legit think it's awful hate fun for some reason. I get not really enjoying the world or anything like that, but saying it's garbage when it still manages to keep its own head out of its ass unlike a lot of other series isn't fair.

Eh its just God's Beard being a crotchety old man, you can just ignore that.

To be honest, I feel the last 2 arcs have been a bit weak, but considering it has been for so long is hard to ask so much consistency on the quality.

Dragon's Rioting 20

man i didn't even know this had updated.

i'm kinda shocked they are profiling 1/2 of the twins. really came out of nowhere.

Blue>gray>yellow>ponytail>red

Kiss x Sis 61

bruh.....BRUH

that's my fetish

All Shonen is awful. Except GTO and Jojo's.

Big One

Banned
One Piece is kind of an Oddball to me here. (I still consider Assclass good, but maybe it's becaus i don't know what to except from that one)

It's not Garbage by any means (i mean look at my Avatar), but it's getting too big, too bloated with important Stuff to me.
There are so many things going on at the same Time, so many Characters you have too keep track on, since they can appear everytime, and while the Worldbuilding was great, it took waay too long to get there.

What i am trying to say is; One Piece is good, but what made it once great is slowly becoming more and more of an Flaw to me.
I don't see this as an issue at all. One Piece still doesn't reach the complications a lot of Western comics do. Good Western comics, that is. I literally don't see how you could possibly get lost in anything in One Piece unless you have a short attention span.

Panels are packed, there's a million different things going on at once, and there's tons of dialogue. That's how a comic is supposed to be. A comic isn't supposed to be a bunch of drawings of characters looking cool and having one liners all throughout the manga, which is an aspect that has plagued manga (not only shonen) for years now to the point where it's been beaten to death as a way to tell the story.

As for My Hero Academia, it's still too soon to bank on it as the next big thing. I personally think there's a very good chance it may be if it keeps up the rankings and sales, but there isn't even two volumes worth of content to really gauge anything on so I would wait before claiming it's the next Naruto or the next super popular manga. Especially since the anime market in America is dead, so I don't think this'll be a series we'll be seeing on something like Cartoon Network to surge it's popularity anytime soon.

dani_dc

Probably. Marika also doesn't know, but not like that's restrained her. In fact, if it has, then I'm scared of what an unrestrained Marika would do. Actually, I think those two and Yui are the only ones who don't know. And I'm not sure on Yui; I just know that other girl Ue doesn't. Kosaki, Ruri, Haru, presumably Fuu, and Shuu are all in on it.

I think Marika is as unrestrained as she can be.
Yui does know, she tricked Chitoge into admiting it, leading to this:

I was going to give you a counter-example, but I couldn't come up with any.

You win this round.

Time for me to stop posting on this thread and leave on a high note.

VRMN

I think Marika is as unrestrained as she can be.
Yui does know, she tricked Chitoge into admiting it, leading to this:
I remembered that (who could forget that jaw drop and spit take?), just not that she got Chitoge to admit the relationship is fake too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom