• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

Oh thank god, no Yui in sight. I'll take a cute Tsugumi story getting a bit deeper into HER origins any day of the year. She's probably fourth place for me (behind Haru, Chitoge, and Marika), but that's still leagues above Kosaki and Yui.

Akainu

Bleach 607

He's lasted longer than I excepted. If this was hunter x hunter he win but man how great would it be with this guy beat him?

dani_dc

So a friend of mine went to buy the Nisekoi game on PSN

there wasn’t even the option to buy the game standalone
you had to choose between five different packs, each including a different set of free DLC that isn’t yet available separately
the Chitoge pack, the Kosaki pack, the Tsugumi pack, the Marika pack or the Ruri pack
waifu wars at the purchase level

Gotta choose your waifu
or buy several copies

So a friend of mine went to buy the Nisekoi game on PSN

Gotta choose your waifu
or buy several copies

Oh yes, a friend of yours.

image.php

Kawaisa Amatte Nanika ga Hyakubai 5-6 (end)
Nice story on the cross-dresser and the son of the owner starting up a relationship. He may have been a bit rude at times with his insensitive comments due to how his peers treated him over his dads growing up but in the end he learned to manage it. Good relationship with the usual drama points these storys have (the quick love, the doubt phase, and the rekindled phase). Good one.

Gintama 520

Just when I was thinking that there wasn't enough people in this arc to prove that it was the end game... Low and behold the main bad guys appear ;)))))))

Soma 95-96 + 97 Spoiler Tags

That last scene with fish lol.... glad we are back with the competition... the fish testing was dragging too long

97 Spoiler
Alice's Mom is there.... hehehehe we all know this is just more preparation for the whole Nakiri family to accept Soma as Erina's future husbando

Akito

Week 5
Children Can't Choose Their Parents by MIHARA Mitsukazu
Mayple-san no Koucha Jikan by AOI Kuuta
Hagoromo Mishin by KODAMA Yuki
Getenrou by ISHIGURO Masakazu
Suki mo Yoi by FUTAMI Sui
The streak is over, only 2 out of 5 this week.

Touch v19
That was beating Yoshida deserved and some more, RIP.

Akito

Touch v20
RIP Nishimura, being defeated offscreen is a cruel fate even for a buttmonkey. I also forgot he also had a childhood friend ala Minami. What makes it even funnier is that he will still be obsessed with that idea in the future.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 125
Yeah, that's a pretty accurate summary of my reaction to the last few chapters. Kindly lynch me if I ever ask for another character I like to get an arc in this series. The only glimmer of light to emerge from this fetid pit of misery is the settling of the best girl debate, providing Kana doesn't screw up majorly during her remaining lifespan.

Zweizer

Banned
Touch v14-17

New coach is a dirty asshole. Tragic backstory does not excuse his behavior or methods.

Off to the shit list he goes!

Am I crazy or is this series about almost every side character being a selfish ass towards their entourage?

Lain

How's Adekan?

The cover art looks pretty good.

Great art, somewhat silly background story with some touching and at times depressing moments. It threads between serious and facetious in the way the various chapters go. For me, it's a great read even if only for the art. Both men and women here look damn sexy.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Keyman: 33-34

God damn, No fucking wonder Franck is pissed this whole story just made sense. Turns out Dr Necro wasn't a loli for some stupid fanservice reason midly related to the plot, she's currently possessing Francks daughters body (her granddaughter, after basically lead to the death of his family, and he's trying to get her soul and body back.

The "villians" motivations make so much more sense now, though I'm not exactly certain you can consider him the villain anymore, and it explans why Necro is always so depressed whenever you see her.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Ojou ojou ojou

that's not an untranslatable word you weeboos

Food Smut

Cured fish eh? I don't think anyone expected that one from him, honestly. Now to see if the gamble pays off compared to two undoubtedly perfectly chosen fish.

Zweizer

Banned
The Tower of Mysterion ch1

The start is a bit slow and the characters so far aren't that interesting, but the premise sounds intriguing.

Sensou Gekijou ch1

Pretty awesome concept about the internal conflicts one experiences during every decision.

There's Nothing Wrong with Me ch1-8.5 (End)

A collection of quirky short stories with rather primitive yet somewhat charming and, in a way, surreal art, which suits the psychological and cathartic tales it portrays.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Week 5
Children Can't Choose Their Parents by MIHARA Mitsukazu
Mayple-san no Koucha Jikan by AOI Kuuta
Hagoromo Mishin by KODAMA Yuki
Getenrou by ISHIGURO Masakazu
Suki mo Yoi by FUTAMI Sui

Realised that it's FUTAMI Sui two weeks in a row but fuck it, I liked Suki mo Yoi.

I like Futami Sui too :3
So, 3 books for me this week, since i already read Getenrou and Suki mo Yoi

Soma 96

Cured fish eh? Not a bad idea....
Ryoko need more screen time.

Family Fight

Okay, i already read this before, just forgot the title. I think i already post my impression in the previous thread. The clashing between Shojo and seinen style make me laugh,

Nisekoi 149

Tsugumi chapter. I think we need conclusion to the Yui chapter, since it feel incomplete, but whatever

Assassination Classroom 109

A punch to the junk solve the problem

E? Heibon Desu yo?? 01

Your average girl gets hit by a truck and dies. But she gets reincarnated as the daughter of another world with all her present knowledge still in tack. Time for her to spread her modern knowledge to the rest of this new world!

Pretty cute and would be interesting to see what we know now get applied to the past.

Kemono Switch 01

Resident bad boy has now suddenly been adopted by average girl's father into part of their household. They'll also share a room and he has some hidden wild side too or something.

Basically seems like girl will tame this beast type of series but I do like that the girl's not a complete wallflower here.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 149

These character chapters now a days feel like they're here to reintroduce characters, they just go over all the details about them that we already know. Yes Tsugumi is secretly super good at female stuff and she loves Chitoge and has a crush on Raku, got it. Now please have an actual chapter about something. I don't need the story to go forward, at this point I'll be happy with comedic scenes or attempts at those.

I can't wait for Haru chapter to let me know she wants her sister to date Raku but secretly wants Raku for herself.

Youkai no Oisha-san 01

A girl who can see youkai meets a guy who is a doctor for the youkai. Now said girl who start entering the world of the youkai.

Hmmmmm, not bad. Youkai based stories are always fun and the girl seems like a good main character. Seems nice to be less action-y and more about using what the youkai are known for.

Revo

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 13

Iron arm is still super lol.

God of HighSchool 186

Nothing seems to go well for team mori

dani_dc

Nisekoi 149

I await the day when Tsugumi realizes that the two are in a fake relationship. Curious if she goes on the offensive.

I keep forgetting she doesn't know.

Don't think she would go on the offensive, she's too much of a secretly shy girl to ever do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom