• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worldend: Debugger 01

QuQveJUl.jpg

Mr. Perfect gets his wallet stolen by a plushie, sees a pretty boy get summoned from an arcade machine and gets caught up in the D-Games where he fights other people with their own plushies and pretty boy.

Kinda saw that twist though.

RIP Best Friend-kun

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Have you missed all the idols having the hots for him (her)?

Of course, but that's all it ever amounts to which frustrates me.

Part of it was his fault though. It was a freak unfortunate incident, but getting led around by a prostitute while your girlfriend is sleeping next door is one of the stupidest things he could've done.

They weren't dating at the time, Chiharu was going to confess though at the time. I still hate the manga but will finish what I started.

He has his harem, but definetly is a secondary point in the manga.

A secondary? Its like its non-existent. Sure the idols feel doki doki for him but that's all that ever happens. Highly disappointing with such potential.

Revo

As long as the anime never gets passed
the first 7 witches
I'll probably be happy with it.

Otherwise phooey.

Shengar

As long as the anime never gets passed
the first 7 witches
I'll probably be happy with it.

Otherwise phooey.

What happened after that?
I'm stopped somewhere during chapters where there is a witch that can swap bodies. Which chapter is it anyway?

Those hair colors are awful. Also it's probably going to play up the harem elements that never really amounted to much of anything. So it will probably be terrible, but I'll watch it anyway.

Revo

What happened after that?
I'm stopped somewhere during chapters where there is a witch that can swap bodies. Which chapter is it anyway?

Re: first question
More sets of witches.

And I'm fairly sure you'd be in one of the earlier chapters, as the body switch is the start premise. Although she does feature prominently throughout most of the series, so could be anytime.

Nisekoi
Not to sound iterative, but this manga seems like one big filler fest. I do like Tsugumi stories better than Yui, but it feels like we just were reading a Tsugumi chapter where they're in that boat. When will the plot progress? What bout the key? What exactly are they trying to develop? I don't really get it haha.

Usobuko

Banned
Nisekoi
Not to sound iterative, but this manga seems like one big filler fest. I do like Tsugumi stories better than Yui, but it feels like we just were reading a Tsugumi chapter where they're in that boat. When will the plot progress? What bout the key? What exactly are they trying to develop? I don't really get it haha.

It's about 20 chapters shy of Ichigo 100% and that was a really drawn out filler-esque mess I read when I was much younger.

Revo

Gepetto s2ch12

Looks like they're actually a force to be reckoned with, and Clody had a smart plan of letting the androids do the finding for them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisekoi

I think you got it.

Shaman King Flowers 29
Wow, young pilot guy was brutal. Head shotting Hana, just wow.

Taboo Tattoo 32
Revenge time. I still dont understand how these spell crests work.

UQ Holder! 59
I hope Santa doesnt die after that, kinda hope they become the next UQ Holders.

Zweizer

Banned
Of course, but that's all it ever amounts to which frustrates me.

A secondary? Its like its non-existent. Sure the idols feel doki doki for him but that's all that ever happens. Highly disappointing with such potential.

Well, the main focus is hot blooded idol action, but romance does play a part from time to time as far as actions and decisions go.

Maybe you should try reading The Voynich Hotel if you want a bigger focus on romance.

They weren't dating at the time, Chiharu was going to confess though at the time. I still hate the manga but will finish what I started.

They were pretty much short of dating. Chiharu even said that she loved him at that time. And then...

Dakkumauji is on a reading spree with all the manga he started and the range is kinda wide.

Could barely recognize most of them, the ones I do know are pretty obscure.

I get the feeling dakku is always on a reading spree.

cntr

Banned
Caught up to the translated chapters of Boku no Hero Academia. Whyyyy did it have to stop there.

Frog waifu best.

dramatis

E? Heibon Desu yo?? 01

Your average girl gets hit by a truck and dies. But she gets reincarnated as the daughter of another world with all her present knowledge still in tack. Time for her to spread her modern knowledge to the rest of this new world!

Pretty cute and would be interesting to see what we know now get applied to the past.
Intact.

Zweizer

Banned
Puppy Lovers ch25-26

Lucky~

My Hero Academia ch15

Shorty is annoying, but nice thinking from Midoriya. Go, Frog Girl!

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch6

This is getting less creative and more "conveniently technical".

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hero Academia 15

Man I feel bad for Deku, his power is so strong but his poor body. Either way more frog girl is always great and we finally see what grape dude's power is.

Revo

Witch Craft Works 1-39

Decided to read this on a whim. First half was definitely better than 2nd half, characters in 2nd half definitely felt more flanderized than normal. First half was actually really quite enjoyable and while the 2nd half wasn't at the same standard it was enjoyable enough.

cntr

Banned
Apparently Boku no Hero Academia is regularly in the Shounen Jump top 5 in popularity. Glad that it is, because I didn't want to see it die out in obscurity.

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 15

Deku showing some solid work with his strategies. I just hope he's able to overcome breaking his arm/hand everytime he uses his power cause it's going to fuck him up real good if he keeps on using it like that.

Well series are truly never safe, we've had series die in the 60's, 80s, and even the 120's of chapters.

Indeed.

they have seemingly passed the first test (which is more i can say for some of the other colleagues) but the real journey starts now with volume sales, etc. Hopefully that buzz its getting from the readers translates into some actual sales and if not i would hope Jump pulls a Toriko on it as well (although the lack of nothing from the result of Toriko's push might dissuade them from trying that again)

one of those rare moments of somewhat agreeing with a DTL post lol

Witch Craft Works 1-39

Decided to read this on a whim. First half was definitely better than 2nd half, characters in 2nd half definitely felt more flanderized than normal. First half was actually really quite enjoyable and while the 2nd half wasn't at the same standard it was enjoyable enough.

yup.

the first half spend its time introducing this interesting world, with such intricate detail. a rarely seen premise (female MC treats the male MC like a princess to be protected) and such. now it's all cutesy antics all the time.

2nd half is typical pandering and too much moe shit.

i don't mind it if a series is like that from the start, but not when you establish a certain motif. such a shame. i truly believe this series has such big potential. another manga i feel is going through this issue is TEPPU

More Week 4 stuff, been busy lately

Helter Skelter

Another comic i actually read before but it was nice going over it again.

And boy it's still pretty fucked up and shows the rise and spectacular fall of a popular star plus its effects on everyone. The MC was real piece of work with all the shit she did and was extremely effective at taking down people with her when everything went to shit, then that crazy ass
revelation/ending/possible sequel hook

And finally that sad news about what happened to the author was the final gut punch (though i assume the she got better after all that time).

Worlds

while each story had some interesting things about them they all seemed hollow overall tbh. If i had to choose a story it would be the second one dude to how fucked up (although not much reason/explanation was given for the current state) it was, especially the end.

Still have that NEET one to check out plus Week 5 stuff, hopefully i can get some time

Azure J

My Hero Academia

Stopping by to say I just love everything about this. It's like One Punch Man meets the good early parts of Naruto. The main character is great and frog chick is an awesome side character. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom