• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was really popular before the anime. Though the anime barely gave it a significant boost.

I wonder if the anime will get a season 2.

I could see it getting 12-13 episodes in between JoJo seasons assuming they continue to animate JoJo past Stardust Crusaders.

Endgame is the Prime Minister. He'll have some world destroying teigu.

Honestly it really depends on what the mangaka wants to do with the story, we very well could be in the end game without even realizing it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141054244]*vomits*[/QUOTE]
Honestly, this is like looking at the Billboard top 100 and get pissed because Taylor Swift is on the list.

Why do you do this to yourself.

diaspora

Esdeath is by far the most useless part of the manga for me so far. Mine isn't great either but she has far less exposure to bother me anyway. Hopefully Esdeath gets the axe and Budo becomes the main big bad, at least he's interesting in that he's cognizant of the empire and PM's imperfections.

Mikami Sensei no Aishikata 01-02

OMM91otl.png

Main character's childhood friend is popular, handsome and now her teacher at her school and won't stop teasing her. Now she's going all doki doki over him.

Pretty amusing. Good chemistry between the two mains though still missing the whole why they like each other than the whole childhood friend angle.

Gakkyu Hotei 1
B3vZwEpCMAA0a9D.png:large

Best one of the three new jump series this time, though its fairly wordy at times and unlike Food Wars! some of its dialogue feels a bit unnecessary.

Lead characters objections are funny and I dont think Ill ever get tired of him saying his Ronpa catchphrase multiple times.

I still wish we were getting PCP instead of this classroom legal case, but at least its a mystery series for jump which fills an area that has always been lacking in several years.

Food Wars! 97
B3vd4r5CEAANxw5.png

Best moment. Good comedy chapter but I thought it seemed little if anything happened. The moon opening was nice, but otherwise it felt like a chapter just to give them one more week to plan out or draw out this battle.

Azure J

Noragami 1 - 48

Recently got into this. It's fixing the hole left in my dork heart after Soul Eater finished but it's not quite as stylized in its visuals. Great stuff so far though. Father is an asshole and hilarious in his current incarnation.

Akame Ga Kill

Didn't think the entire Clique™ was going to show up like that and I'm glad to see that it's going to be competitive but I still remain convinced that it's not ending well for team Night Raid. Also Esdeath continuing to be amazing when Tatsumi's around. :lol

E-robot 2

Still too pervy

Table Tennis of Ageha 3

The pervy stuff ruins the manga. It had potential to be a great table tennis one but that stuff gets in the way coming across pretty bad and nasty.

Hi-Fi- CLuster 12

Good chase stuff especially with two Hi Fi Loaders on board, but I didnt think we needed one to be a young child. Many other character design options were available.

World Trigger 84

Great Mikumo speech with a Commander Kido moment bring a chuckle worthy moment and a way to quickly get the press to be quiet.Im glad the conference didnt last more than this with Kido getting involved.
B3vndIfCYAAa48Z.png

Now back to rank wars with best team.

Youkai no Oisha-san 01

This was basically chapter 0 expect with the perspective of the male lead which hey, gave a better understanding of his character.

dani_dc

Akame ga kill 54

I did not get how they managed to overcome Esdeath time stop.
Now that everyone is in place we can finally get Akame and Tatsumi dead and then focus on mein going after Esdeath for revenge.

VRMN

Akame ga kill 54

I did not get how they managed to overcome Esdeath time stop.
Now that everyone is in place we can finally get Akame and Tatsumi dead and then focus on mein going after Esdeath for revenge.

The magic of plot-based upgrades. I think Esdeath said something about Incursio giving him cold-resistance now and since her power is basically freezing time, he's able to bypass it because manga? I'm thinking once he attacked her the ability's effect ended because she was distracted. But she has another ace up her sleeve, so it's really just a question of whom she kills with it.

On the second point, I'm almost hoping Mine kills Esdeath (even though that's realistically something only Akame or Tatsumi will do) just for the fan rage.

Who In The Hell Is Josuke Higashikata AKA JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 JoJolion 37

Liking the way Joubin's Stand looks. But I wonder what "King" name it could have. King Creole? The angry face reminds me of King Crimson but I doubt that will be used and it's clearly not the same power.
I am glad we are done with bug battles now. It was hype for a while, but after the second round and the huge break, I was ready to be done with it. I'm ready to see the story advance.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Who In The Hell Is Josuke Higashikata AKA JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 JoJolion 37

Liking the way Joubin's Stand looks. But I wonder what "King" name it could have. King Creole? The angry face reminds me of King Crimson but I doubt that will be used and it's clearly not the same power.
I am glad we are done with bug battles now. It was hype for a while, but after the second round and the huge break, I was ready to be done with it. I'm ready to see the story advance.

I didn't know there was a new chapter, so thanks for that. That was so hyped, I don't think i've ever been as excited for a beetle wrestling ever. And that upset. That turn of events. That's the kind of stuff I miss from JoJo, where all seems done, and then the character does a sly thing no one noticed and won. Also, I'm always impressed with the creativity of powers in JoJo. It's not just neat powers, but they're used in interesting ways to cheat. There's not enough manga where people use super powers to cheat anymore.

Zweizer

Banned
Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch14

Sisterly love~

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch11.5

Methinks she should find better books to draw advice from.

Akame Ga Kill
Some interesting power boosts this chapter. Finally got an explanation for Esdeath's "Marupanda" technique. Well somewhat. Now Budo is about tear things up.

Fairy Tail 411

Why didn't Natsu go into dragon force since the beginning? Whatever. Time to see END. And show Achnologia Hiro! Best Dragon ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom