• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

4S18sKW.png

oda is god.

wonzo

Banned
Touch v21-23

My god this is so INTENSE. Seeing Eijirou admit to himself that he really wants to see this team succeed and to stick it to his shithead of an older brother in a different way was fucking awesome!

Rhapsody

Banned
Is Boku no Hero Academia good? I remember seeing people joking it was going to be canceled when it first appeared, but it's still going.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Kieli

Boku no Hero being good is definitely a surprise (I haven't read past the 2nd chapter).

It seemed like an inferior version of Stealth Symphony, which was quickly cancelled.

2.5 Jigen Kareshi 01

ifklkDEl.jpg

Our lead girl is nothing but an otaku and only has eyes on a character from an otome game. When she moves to live with her dad's friend family to stay in Tokyo, there she meets their son who just looks like her favorite character. But it turns out he's allergic to otakus.

I like the gag in the art style here, mostly from all the overreactions the characters are showing. Being allergic to otaku is a first so I'm looking forward to seeing where this amusing series goes.

Pokemon Adventures Black & White Vol.05

4Ws0xNcl.jpg

This volume helps reminds me how much more focus this arc has on the gym battles, Team Plasma and really nothing else. The gym leaders are more involved than ever and it is cool to see them fight against Team Plasma.

Also Skyla deciding that Black might not be good enough and decide to just push him off the tower.

Busaiku

The new Jump series isn't that bad.
Certainly better than any of the other Jump Start stuff.

I have a feeling it'll be the Ping Pong one that makes it through though.

Tokyo Ghoul 75

Toe bone connected to the foot bone.
Foot bone connected to the heel bone.
Heel bone connected to the ankle bone.
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Youkai shoujo 13

This arm thing is super fucking dumb.

Also, this just might be the dorkiest thing I've did in quite awhile.

Konomon!

Oh, i definitely going to try this when i got home.

Before, I try making Soma Apple risotto. I definitely lacking something since the taste is so goddamn awful :<

I did however manage to replicate the risotto from Halcyon lunch, considering the recipe is far more easier. Taste damn good.

Wakako-Zake 1
Yup, skin from grilled salmon is the best! Love them.

So I've been doing pretty terrible about keeping up on these short reads for the reading club, though I've not given up. Just a couple weeks behind now due to getting sidetracked by video games and preparing for finals.

Remaining thoughts on the Week 3 reads I didn't finish in time, but just completed:
2001 + 5: Nice set of short, sci fi stories with a bit of technical jargon. Would've liked to see the first five chapters expanded into its own thing.
Nemureru Mori No Bina: I don't know what I was thinking when I started reading, or why I didn't check the synopsis, but it didn't register for me that the main character was gay until the relationship with the doctor started. Bit of a surprise, but it was pretty decent.
Karisome no Hana: That was...yeah. Quite a bitter character, she is. Admittedly it's been several days since I read through it and some of the details are lost to me now, but it felt kind of odd reading it.
Mikai no Hoshi: Well, I was certainly not prepared for just raw uncensored sex in this thing. Plus every opportunity to shit on Colo every time he thinks things are looking up for him. Until the ending, at least. Kinda almost expected it to end on a dark note given all the bad shit that happened before, but I liked it.

Well, that week is wrapped up and I feel glad about it. Now to work through Weeks 4 and 5...man, why didn't I use Thanksgiving weekend to go through this stuff?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, i definitely going to try this when i got home.

Before, I try making Soma Apple risotto. I definitely lacking something since the taste is so goddamn awful :<

I did however manage to replicate the risotto from Halcyon lunch, considering the recipe is far more easier. Taste damn good.

Risotto is hard enough for me without being funky with it.

Also man, never heard of halcyon lunch before and it's a Samura joint? Added to my read list.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Risotto is hard enough for me without being funky with it.

Also man, never heard of halcyon lunch before and it's a Samura joint? Added to my read list.

I need to warn you that only chapter 1 is translated. Well, you can just pretend that it's a oneshot till a group pick it up. It work for me.

Week 4 Short Reads catch up Part 1!

Sakura no Kimi: Reading this made me briefly think if there were any times in my life where I was constantly passing by the same person out in public at routine times. Nothing really came to mind. Really short though, kinda interesting.
Family Fight: The idea of a character whose art style is completely dissonant from the rest of the world's aesthetic is something that needs to be expanded upon. 6 pages was so damn short, but it was funny. Some of the panel shenanigans were neat, too.

Breloom

Neo Member
Anyone recommend me some action manga, something similar to the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist or Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?

Anyone recommend me some action manga, something similar to the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist or Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?
Kongou Banchou and Needless come to mind. Both are pretty over the top, though the latter mixes in quite a lot of ecchi, if that's something you're into.

Big One

Banned
I just got a Nexus 7 tablet...and because of this I will be reading a lot more manga. Time to finish Tokyo Ghoul and some other series I've been meaning to cover.

dani_dc

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 28

Well, this chapter served to do nothing but further misunderstandings, drama is sure to follow very soon, especially now that we have a love triangle basically confirmed.

Really was hoping the series would go for a more interesting path, now let's just see how this is handled.

Yoshiki breasts really are huge, I have no idea how she was hiding them to the extent she did in the earlier chapters.
I just got a Nexus 7 tablet...and because of this I will be reading a lot more manga. Time to finish Tokyo Ghoul and some other series I've been meaning to cover.
That's what got me into reading more manga, I went from following 5-6 series to following more than I can count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom