• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Just redirects me to the main page.
Just another thing to add to the pile of bad news for the day, after amazon.it canceled my preorders for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and the Spice&Wolf volume 13 LN.

Wow. Is there some sort of vendetta going on against Italy or something?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That would be...fuck I don't know but it would piss us all off to no end.

You know, I feel like at this point we could write a more rage inducing story in the Seo style than Seo can.

Was being totally serious. Iwami is the best waifu left. Fuuka* > Iwami >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koyuki

* means dead

Usobuko

Banned
Akumu no Elevator ( End )

Plotwist - the manga, makes me want to read 'And then there were none'. What was more memorable though was when our detective found the strength and for his sanity's sake to persuade Yoko from suiciding. Lovely dialogues.

I did like that it was light hearted I also liked how it wasn't a crazy length of time travel( like I normally read/watch)
And I liked how the mc was changing the people in the past that were around him the entire time he never paid attention to.

I like Imamura as a lead as well for his devil may care attitude and the resolve in living a 'better' life in Again!!.

dani_dc

No no, you see he has to meet her while drunk so he thinks she's Fuuka and can kiss her leading into a series of awkwards meetings and interactions that will eventually lead to some bullshit that could have been easily avoided if they would just have an honest conversation.

Fuuka sister has the wrong hair color though, and she'd be like, 12 at this point of the story. I'd be more likely to believe him mistaking Suzuka (who'd be only 32) for Fuuka.

In other news, there's another Nisekoi that's coming up on MangaBox. How interesting.

Aizawa-kun is my fake boyfriend, my partner in our sweet, secret crime. One fateful day, in a classroom after school, we saw his girlfriend and my boyfriend stabbing us both in the back. That’s where our relationship as co-conspirators started. As an imitation of theirs. Our relationship is sweet, but painful. Within the lie, I feel a twinge in my heart from my true feelings. This is our love story.

Usobuko

Banned
When I look at the cover pic and synopsis for Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi

xNDbJtM.png

Dis-Gun-Be-Gud-Bear-Chair.gif

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Vol.01

434ad51l.jpg

The adventures and romantic comedy of a male zombie as he becomes a magical girl and meets up with a former magical girl, a necromancer and a ninja vampire.

This was pretty silly that I basically liked it. The comedy was amazing and the characters were pretty great. The action wasn't bad but I preferred the comedy more. I look forward to seeing how much more crazy this series gets.

Jarmel

Banned
My Hero Academy-17

Well it's showtime. I do wonder why Deku's punch didn't affect the guy. Does he have a power that neutralizes other people's powers?

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 17

FINALLY. This one took forever.

Can't wait to see what All Might is going to do. Dude is easily one of the most badass and expressive guys in the manga.

I guess the author is clinging onto the idea of Frog Girl possibly being one of the central cahracters. Hope he goes with it.

Hagoromo Mishin

shojou of the magical girlfriend variety with the usual tropes up the wazoo but i still liked it....until the ending and i was kinda pissed since it didn't end as i expected it to (though on the other hand it helped separate it a bit from the usual imo).

At least the chapter after made the ending more palatable even if it was still
bittersweet.

Suki mo Yoi

From the same author who did the manga in week four about a NEET girl finding her place but this time the theme is about love (Doing what you love, being with the one you love, and falling in love) and i liked all of them due to their happy/feel good nature plus the art style grew on me as well.

The best character bar none was the Mom from the first story LOLOLOLOL, so ruthless and meta as fuck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hagoromo Mishin

shojou of the magical girlfriend variety with the usual tropes up the wazoo but i still liked it....until the ending and i was kinda pissed since it didn't end as i expected it to (though on the other hand it helped separate it a bit from the usual imo).

At least the chapter after made the ending more palatable even if it was still
bittersweet.

Hey man, migratory birds have no time for our silly non-migratory ways.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka sister has the wrong hair color though, and she'd be like, 12 at this point of the story. I'd be more likely to believe him mistaking Suzuka (who'd be only 32) for Fuuka.

Time will probably pass at some point, its a Seo story.

kasane

Suzuka gonna get ntrd by fuuka boyfriend

10/10

Seo make it fucking happen

I would buy every work you have and framw it if it happens

Hekikai no AiON 1-44 (AKA the whole manga)

Was an interesting premise, but really could never find it's footing as either a romance or an action/drama. Doesn't help that both MC's are very hard to deal with until halfway through, with one being a indecisive wimp and the other having the emotional range of a apple towards the other MC. But hey at least it had nice art and some random mermaid tits...so there's something.

4/10

On another note Monster Musume Vol 5 has been the top seller in the US (Via NYtimes numbers) for two weeks in a row, with it beating out a newly released volume of Fairy Tail this week.

Usobuko

Banned
Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi ( End )

A pretty good story about 3 high school students who has to deal with friendship, romance and most importantly death of a loved one. Even with the foreshadowing at the start, the stark contrast of the two girls personalities give room to playful, interesting interactions. Then, masterfully after the epilogue, chapter 7 came as the kicker. All the previously held emotions was allow to let loose by showing Haruka's side of the story. The last 3 pages of that chapter portraying their childhood memories in a zoo was a nice touch.

Not bad for a first attempt, that's not to say this isn't a solid work in its own right. I like the art too and now I will take notice of his/her future endeavours.

QnhOB0g.jpg

Followed.

Meguro

Banned
Gintama 521

I still don´t wanna believe that this is the end game. But man, Sorachi sure is doing his best to convince me of that.

Hey ManGAF, I decided I would post a few series that I'm currently diggin' at the moment, all of which are on-going;

Fujimi Lovers: A manga about a boy who is madly in love with a girl, but there's a catch, every time he confesses his love for her and she reciprocates, she completely vanishes! Nobody but our protagonist Jun seems to remember her. She randomly appears throughout his life to the same result, can Jun solve the problem and make the woman of his dreams stay?

Jigoku no Alice : The story is set in an odd, post apocalyptic world, told through the perspective of a boy named Shuu, and his android Alice. Not much to say about the story, but it deals with the struggle of the boy and his bot as he attempts to survive in this world. Shuu being an expert marksmen is picked up by a local commune for his talent. Can Shuu survive in this abstract war torn world with his mental health torn asunder?

I Am A Hero: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Inu Yashiki: A unique manga with an elderly protagonist, Inuyashiki has a family, a wife and two kids, none of which care about him. When he learns that he has only three months to live he realizes that the only one who will miss him is his dog.
Shortly after this realization he is killed in a crash landing by aliens. He is rebuilt by them as a machine with a human exterior. How will his life change now that he isn't human.

La Republique du Catch: . It's a story about Mario, a middle-aged piano salesman who aspires to gain favor in the eyes of Bernice, a member of the Republic of Pro-Wrestling. What starts out as a tale about a down on his luck man, searching for love and meaning, quickly grows into a story of life and death, revolving around his ties to his mafia family.

Sidooh: During the political upheavals and social strife at the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate in Japan (1855), two parentless brothers Yukimura Shoutarou and Yukimura Gentarou struggles to survive in these turbulent times. With their only possession being their deceased father's sword and clinging onto the wisdom of their mother's final words, the brothers seek to embark on the Path of the Warrior

Kasane : Ugly, disgusting, freak! Are just a few of the choice words used to describe our lead, Kasane. Kasane follows a young girl into her adult years, ridiculed for her looks, and the fact that she is the daughter to a beautiful, successful actress. Her mother passes, leaving behind a mysterious lipstick, that Kasane learns that allows her to switch faces with whoever she kisses, but the effect doesn't last forever..

No 5. vol 2-5

Taiyo Matsumoto talent in visual craftsmanship in narration, tone setting and symbolism is the real deal.

yxBI7xq.png

VEgIXuR.png

Plot-wise we have Viktor as the real villain, and a nice flashback volume explaining how it all started. I'm theorizing they are
all genetic engineering experiments done by the doctors, that's where the budget of the council was going, to the doctors job. The world is an post-apocalyptic future, 70% of the world is desert, most humankind died, so they are working in doing an "improved" version of humans, more empathic and therefore less prone to wars. That's why they have the strange empathy-telepathy in between them. No. 1, which is one of the latest work of the doctors, it's an even better version and his empathy and feelings can be overwhelming to the rest of the council and it even reaches normal humans. But... he isn't really the latest version, I think, but Mathroska. Her type of empathy is much more subtle, but powerful, She makes people around her strangely happy, both no. 5 and Viktor said it, and she feels all around her, from all lifeforms. Not only humans. It seems she is eating all the time because the plants and animal impulses that are around her.

Nice cover.

I know Sidooh, though I have to give it a proper reading.

Alice and I am a Hero are in my "pending" list, just waiting until one day they are finished. I know I will like them.

I read the first two chapters of Inu Yashiki, a curious work from the author of Gantz.

No idea about Fujimi Lovers or La Republique du Catch, but they could be good, given the description.

Usobuko

Banned
No idea about Fujimi Lovers or La Republique du Catch, but they could be good, given the description.

I don't know anything about La Republique du Catch but I can say Fujimi Lovers is very trollish. Trollish is the apt description here given the premise and with the author pushing the boundary every time.

Revo

I considered starting with the anime but I'd just go through all the beginning chapters again anyway so why not tackle the longer one x)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sidooh is waaaaay too "oh I'm so edgy" for me when I last read it.

I liked Hito hitori futari from the same author though.

Meguro

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul 16

Ah, the classic " I feel bad cause I´m so powerless." speech. Seems like Touka is gonna go and get herself into some trouble which is probably gonna cost her dearly.

Nickelodeon 3

Monster survival scenario? Not expected at all but interesting none the less.
I really liked how they didn´t give names to anyone but the two girls that died.
Keeping in with the theme of love, a stolen boyfriend was the catalyst for petting girl here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom