• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Gokicha!! 2014-08 - 09
gokicha201409.png

rip

boku girl 31

would be down for takeru getting jobbed in exchange for a yuri harem

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 150

Good color pages, and the chapter seems like a start of an interesting mini-arc.

Seems like the art's a bit better again too (imo).

World Trigger volume 3
It's always been a pretty light read and it's pretty good at leaving mini cliff hangers at the end of chapters to keep reading.

Boku no Hero Academia 2-17

Finally got back to it after being less than impressed with the first chapter. It has gotten better definitely, especially with this first "serious" arc.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
What were your impressions over the ending to Tokyo Ghoul?

A bit delayed, but I thought it was awesome, albeit the cliffhanger ending made my jaw drop. When I found out that the sequel was already underway, I breathed a sigh of relief. I don't know what I would've done if it ended just like that. To sum up the experience though, if was a tragic story.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Akame ga Kill! Zero 13

Dude manage to finish the color page, but failed to finish half of the chapter....
Oh well, at least i can read it.

Guren 5

From the author of Danganronpa, come a story about a delinquent tasked to fight alien.
This is published in shojo manga? Interesting...

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 56-70

kinda bums me out she's making progress and yet it still doesn't amount to much :(

wahjah friend moe 12-14

i wonder if this was cancelled as it's kinda pointless now that they're all together again

Wild Life 50-80

I always wonder about series like this where actual "breakthroughs" happen in real world fields. Like I guess I can understand it with cooking stuff like Yakitate Japan and Soma where you just need to come up with creative dishes, but actual medical procedures? Would the author really go to such lengths as coming up with new ways to fix the broken beaks of penguins or using bone marrow to save a monkey utilizing a procedure that's never been done before (and explained in great detail) all for the sake of a friggin shounen manga that completely plays up the "anything can be done with willpower" notion? Maybe it's just super embellished, but either way, A LOT of research must have gone into this. Maybe it's another Tezuka situation where the dude actually used to be a doctor/vet, but it's still really friggin impressive.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wild Life 50-80

I always wonder about series like this where actual "breakthroughs" happen in real world fields. Like I guess I can understand it with cooking stuff like Yakitate Japan and Soma where you just need to come up with creative dishes, but actual medical procedures? Would the author really go to such lengths as coming up with new ways to fix the broken beaks of penguins or using bone marrow to save a monkey utilizing a procedure that's never been done before (and explained in great detail) all for the sake of a friggin shounen manga that completely plays up the "anything can be done with willpower" notion? Maybe it's just super embellished, but either way, A LOT of research must have gone into this. Maybe it's another Tezuka situation where the dude actually used to be a doctor/vet, but it's still really friggin impressive.

He probably has a friend who is a vet that he can call up for stuff like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Wild Life 50-80

For this kind of manga, they usually have advisor from related profession to help with the manga. But yes, the author and editor definitely need to do a lot of research on theirown and finding the correct person to ask.

Revo

Aho Girl 30.5

Who cares about a recession when you have to deal with her?

Hajiotsu 16.5

Progress!

Oku-san 18

Bra's are no match for it's mighty power!

dani_dc

Hajime no Ippo 1079

This chapter made everything else up to this point worth it.
Takamura clearly marking the difference between Ippo and himself, and honestly , even between Ippo and the rest of the people at the Gym.

I'd say I want Ippo to retire and the series to focus on Takamura, but I'm sure Takamura would just become boring if that would to happen.

Though the series now a days is a lot better out of the ring than in the ring, shame there's so few out of the ring chapters.

The only negative thing about the chapter would be the potential set up for a Takamura loss, this chapter could very well be interpreted as such.

OPM 57 + MJ SP

my god the garou arc's gonna be so painfully slow to get through. murata pls ._.

I nearly regret catching up to OPM Murata edition due to this.

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 166 - Wondered how they would allow us to see Queen and I guess DalDal fight these guys. Nice to see how Moonyoung now views Jaegu. Also...this might the first time in like ever that the premise of the girls befriending Jaegu has been brought up.

Revo

Girls of the Wild's 166

He's going to get decimated so hard.

DICE 73

That's a neat idea.

Trash. 2

See title.

Tokyo ESP 40

I heard the anime really screwed up this series, is it true?

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone familiar with Yamakawa Aiji works? Any recs?

Her art style in Stand up!, Yajirobee and Tomodachi no Hanashi is beautiful.

Shengar

Screenshot%202014-12-07%2019.41.49.png

That realization when you just finished reading all the available chapters of an ongoing manga with update history like this
1374365798374.jpg

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 53

What a love story.

Sidonia no Kishi 68

I expected him to do more of a rush with that chapter title.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch53

What a legend!

Okusan ch18

What mighty breasts!

I wonder what kind of relationship she'll have with neighbor mom.

Hajiotsu ch16.5

Progress!

Revo

Kiba no Tabishounin - The Arms Peddler 51

Oh, didn't think it would be her. Maybe? Honestly been forever with updates so my mind is kinda blank on details of what happened before.

Revo

Bartender 21-64

I always expected him to go to the hotel, but I didn't think that would be the reason he left Paris. Unsurprised to have him getting the bartender girl to the hotel, would ruin a dynamic they purposefully created before. I'd like to see more of Yuri, to keep the rivalry going.

Still pretty good, although a fair amount of the emotional stuff doesn't hit me.

survivor

Banned

Her art is fine but her paneling is terrible, makes everything much harder to read. Stand Up is forgettable shoujo, cant remember much about the second title but I don't recall being impressed by it. Tomodachi is probably her best work just cause she didn't actually write it.

Lain

I'm reading Stand Up! and it's nice so far.
The Secret of Friendship is a good read, full of feelings, though she only did the art there... but you like the art so go and read that.
Animaniaru and RenRen aren't bad but they aren't great either.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 53

Based moe Akari. We knew thee for one panel.

And this continues the trend of every chapter with Akari and Akane being 10x better than any chapter without them.

"Nonchanlantly"... It's not like he did that to lose weight. I would imagine he'd be better off with both arms.

but there could have been a bigger reaction than just *chop* imo lol.

Okusan

the amount spent on bras must be adding up now lol

also more interaction with neighbor lady should be interesting.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 53

LOL @ those 2 still killing it while the story is straddling along.

Would be fun if she found her match though.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 53

Oh, it's that guy, he exists. Now let him not appear for 40 more chapters.

Akari is the best teacher. I'm shocked she wouldn't find anyone for her!

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 53

Based moe Akari. We knew thee for one panel.

And this continues the trend of every chapter with Akari and Akane being 10x better than any chapter without them.

Mikan Chapters > Non-Mikan chapters

dani_dc

Friend of mine is currently catching up with Fuuka.

She and Yuu just started dating. And he just did the following comment:

meanwhile Fuuka is being too adorable to live

I just laughed internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom