• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

A Thousand Years Ninetails 67

Thank god we're moving forward probably, don't need more chapters of them being awkward around each other (at least not yet).

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru ch122

Markers are so so lewd.

Do You Like Big Girls? ch11

How many verbal tics does Glasses girl have really?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
One Punch man 40
Garou backstory. This is my fav. arc in One punch man, seeing Murata draw it make me giggle like a little girl.

Mill 11

Another Bakeneko discovered~

Minamoto monogatari 149

Real smooth Minamoto. REAL SMOOTH!

Shikabane Cherry 1-4

I rarely read shojo manga, but this one is kinda funny and i like the art. Our protag have mad scientist as a friend, and after drinking his special medicine and got into an accident, she turn into zombie like state. Problem is, her crush don't like zombie!

Zweizer

Banned
Cute Little Iron Maiden ch2

Gotta torture them all~

Wait, that sounded kinda wrong somehow.

Cute Little Iron Maiden ch3

Yep, cosplay can be a real torture.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Do You Know the Real Dangers of Those So-Called "Legal" Drugs that are Being Sold?
Made by Fukumoto Nobuyuki, so you know, ZAWA ZAWA.
It's basically telling you if you use herb or legal drug for recreation, you'll be ZAWA ZAWA and be in a state of DESPAIR! LIKE BEING THROWN INTO BOTTOMLESS PIT! NO WAY OUT! A COMPLETE DEFEAT!

Gintama 521

The crows are back, as befitting of their name.

One-Punch Man 40

I like this new villain. Too bad he'll likely lose.

Kingdom 412

This chapter was a Royal treat.

Gintama 521

lol the guy that was sent to the hospital makes a return

So there is a emperor above everyone else?... interesting

This is so END GAME it is ridiculous

Shokugeki no Soma Vol.02

H1GVharl.jpg

Oh hey, here's the introduction of all these kids who live in the dorms that basically blend into each other at this point!

It's pretty interesting to see how much the art has changed from this point to the current point in the series. Soma definitely still looks younger and Niku looks like a villain until she suddenly starts dere dere~ after she loses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
3 year anniversary of Nisekoi and nobody is any closer to getting together

wonderful

I wonder if the author is aware making Raku shamefully obsessed with Onodera yet incapable of sacing up makes him really annoying

2 page special from the movie guidebook about the Naruto and Hinata date.

Basically makes it clear that Kishi should focus more on these slice of life moments (Studio Pierrot, CyberConnect2, you guys know what to do) in his upcoming miniseries instead of shitty DBZ battles, stupid Uchiha bullshit, and everything else that was wrong about Part 2.

Also manages to make Hinata even more best than she already was.

2 page special from the movie guidebook about the Naruto and Hinata date.

Basically makes it clear that Kishi should focus more on these slice of life moments (Studio Pierrot, CyberConnect2, you guys know what to do) in his upcoming miniseries instead of shitty DBZ battles, stupid Uchiha bullshit, and everything else that was wrong about Part 2.

Also manages to make Hinata even more best than she already was.

d'AWWWWW

Best girl.

wonzo

Banned
didnt realise the short n sweet club was still going so i moved the dec reeds a week back

7th - 13th Dec

Alexandros - Dream for World Conquest by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu
Black Museum - Springald by Fujita Kazuhiro
The Black Knight Story by Kobayashi Motofumi
Scientia by Toda Seiji

14th - 20th Dec

Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon by Fujita Kazuhiro
Spider-Man by Hirai Kazumasa, Stan Lee, and Ikegami Ryoichi

21st Dec - 10th Jan

7Seeds by Tamura Yumi (ongoing)

p. much everything's one volume long except spider-man (5) and 7 seeds (27+)

Kieli

Hinata is bestest girl.

Sakupoo probably would have dissed his being an orphan or whatever, and then pined for teh Sauce.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't have any horse in the shipping race but Onodera is going to win, embrace that now.

I also started reading on 7 seeds because I got tired of waiting until it was over.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where did he get a new hand from?

Why is it still bandaged?

Haly

Of course, hokage cells probably cure cancer as well.

Erigu

Where did he get a new hand from?
Senju cells, according to episode 699.
Why the Raikage apparently didn't get a new arm is another matter, I guess...

Why is it still bandaged?
To show off?
Seriously, I'm not sure. In the TV series, Obito's body is half white, but that's not the case in the manga (plus, he lost his left arm at some point, so shouldn't that one also be made of Senju cells, by now? heh).

Haly

I'm guessing hokage cells isn't covered by his health insurance.

Eh given how he nonchalantly chopped it off his original i wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't care about getting a new one.

Plus he's a retired fossil now.

Haly

Why isn't Naruto paid like, a serious veteran's pension? He saved the fucking world. Every government should make it mandatory to pay him raparations.

No. 5 end

Great pages

So the final volumes focus more on No 1 than on No. 5, as 1 is in the real center of everything in the story, his purpose in life embedded by the scientists, his tragic situation, his possible fall from grace, etc. We also learn of the truth about Marie/Matrioshka.

I wonder if her wasn't sterile as the others and somehow could have children, therefore the rumor which started everything, that 5 got her pregnant, was true in the end and the girl who is with them in the last pages is her child. Thing is, she looks too old to have only five years, so unless them grow up at a faster rate, it can't be. It would be a poignant end if in the end they are the start of a new human race that would raise against old humanity, as the military feared.
Also, I interpret the last pages as if the children that always were so much in contact and awe with No. 1 have gained the empathy/telepathy powers, somehow, unknown to adults, after visiting the Rainbow castle. If that's the case, maybe no 1. dreams have a chance.

A recommendable manga. Thumbs up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
didnt realise the short n sweet club was still going so i moved the dec reeds a week back

7th - 13th Dec

Alexandros - Dream for World Conquest by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu
Black Museum - Springald by Fujita Kazuhiro
The Black Knight Story by Kobayashi Motofumi
Scientia by Toda Seiji

14th - 20th Dec

Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon by Fujita Kazuhiro
Spider-Man by Hirai Kazumasa, Stan Lee, and Ikegami Ryoichi

21st Dec - 10th Jan

7Seeds by Tamura Yumi (ongoing)

p. much everything's one volume long except spider-man (5) and 7 seeds (27+)

Had scientia on my wish list for quite awhile now. Would be nice to finally have the motivation to pick it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom