• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It was shounen-ish, then it got really diverse, then it got creepy and now it's more settled in that the shounen stuff got pushed out into their own threads again. It's a little depressing because it's a lot of fun reading something along with the entire thread when it's just a spontaneous thing. Like when we all read Molestor Man or FapNote, those were good times. Or when FMA was ending or during Marineford in OP.

Is FapNote Onani Master Kurosawa? Godlike read, I can't believe its almost been a year since I've been posting here and I remember B-Dubs kindly welcoming me here and Dakku making posts of every manga he reads. I still have to do that write up for Tate though... The manga deserves it!

survivor

Banned
Did anyone bother to read Hirunaka no Ryuusei till the end? I left off at like volume 3 or 4 and not sure if turned to shit as per course or managed to stay decent.

Itsuka Kimitachi mo Otona ni Naru 04

Yes, turns out the boyfriend is just like the father when he was younger, dun dun dun!

And he does like her too! Yay shoujos!

wonzo

Banned
NjqYSLL.png

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Usobuko

Banned
thank you both for the recommendations, seems aku no hana is one i have not read and the cover scares me a little...

There are a lot similarities ( like decadence ) but rather than being proactive in the quest of redemption, I would say it leans more towards adolescent growth.

One of my favorite, recognizable character designs artstyle. It was also major step up from Yuutai Nova, that one was kinda bad and misogynistic.

ZhZ1wrd.jpg

EhoaVash

uug ..i started out reading Fuuka ..then I stopped reading around chapter 7 cause it got boring/ I decided to let it stock up.. ..now i read some where that ....that one important character dies ......now i feel like...dropping the series all together

I hope this is some kind of bad idea from sea. that he has a plan to bring her back from the dead/ it was some accident or some shit D:

Usobuko

Banned
uug ..i started out reading Fuuka ..then I stopped reading around chapter 7 cause it got boring/ I decided to let it stock up.. ..now i read some where that ....that one important character dies ......now i feel like...dropping the series all together

I hope this is some kind of bad idea from sea. that he has a plan to bring her back from the dead/ it was some accident or some shit D:

Read other stuff man, what do you like personally? What are some of your favorites?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

The legend begins homie. If you were interested in Fuuka, I suggest you read Umi no Misaki, its a really good read that I rarely see recommended here.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Better quit while you're ahead of me.
I should too...

Kingdom Coalition Army Arc (re-read)

Holy damn I stand by my thoughts as this being the most epic arc in all of shounen and squarely in my top 3 favorite arcs of all time.

Dolly kill kill 1-2
Generic end of the world gory beginnings. Well, aside from Doll like monsters starting it.

Dolly kill kill 3
Yeah, she aint dead. Half a year timeskip of despair, now its interesting.

Dolly kill kill 4
He's gone full on despair, liking him now

Dolly kill kill 5
Yeah, no, thats not how I'd classify survivors.

Dolly kill kill 6
Knew it.

Dolly kill kill 7
Ooh boy, that face.

Really great art in this series but short as heck chapters.

Dynedom

I'm sure people talked about this already but Kishi's little brother has a new manga out:

Sukedachi Nine - 01

New manga time! Story about a special forces/police outfit called the Sukedachi.

Their job: dish out capital punishment by literally killing the accused in the same way he/she killed their victim(s).

The twist? It's an official duel. If the accused can kill the Sukedachi, they are allowed to be "free" for 3 months before being euthanized "peacefully". Duels are watched by the victim's family.

---

Interesting concept that is kinda Hell Girl meets Psycho Pass meets Judge Dredd. Guess the story is going to dive into things like revenge and closure. No real moral gray area yet but it's just the first issue. It's likely going to be a real downer series given the content. You can kinda see where things could head with this manga but I'm still intrigued. Will read.

edit: Has anyone read his earlier work, such as 666 Satan or Blazer Drive? How should I keep my expectations?

Mahouka Koukou v13 END

Another excellent volume. I don't think it would rank high on best Mahouka volumes due to it being a retread of the 9SC but seeing first years rise up to new roles or other second years participating in events where last years third years were present kept it entertaining and fresh.

I enjoyed more of the Yotsuba and Kuroba involvement as well as their youths involved in fourth high. Ayako and Fumiya definitely need to aid Tatsuya, Miyuki, Minami, and Pixie more (Pixie I bet will remain a key entity due to the ancient magic looking to be the series main antagonistic entity from members of the Great Asian Alliance). Their skills work well with Tatsuyas.

I did want more Mikihiko involvement and Leo (who maybe important due to the Rosen plot). But otherwise solid volume.

Shippou participating in Monolith Code and winning lots of rounds was a good touch, Kento Sumisu being around to follow and be trained by Tatsuya was also lovely.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Shokugeki 99

Kurobika going first? RIP

and the judge's reactions weren't even that great

Dark Soma is such a loser, not sure why they bothered stretching it out into a 3-way battle when it's obvious he's the worst out of the three of them.

VRMN

Having not read the author's prior work (let me know if I should, I haven't heard that much about it), I have to say this is moving really fast. And is probably going to get crazier. I think I like it, but this is already a giant mess.

Is this guy really going to get laid by his two step sisters in the first six chapters? Good lord.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki 99

Kurobika going first? RIP

and the judge's reactions weren't even that great

Dark Soma is such a loser, not sure why they bothered stretching it out into a 3-way battle when it's obvious he's the worst out of the three of them.

Curry guys hitting a billion death flags due to constantly being arrogant.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Curry guys hitting a billion death flags due to constantly being arrogant.

we all know Soma is gonna win so curry guy doesn't matter either but seriously, Kurobika is such a shitlord

actually I guess another option is Soma makes a disaster recipe and completely bombs

CrimsonN0

I'm sure people talked about this already but Kishi's little brother has a new manga out:

Sukedachi Nine - 01

New manga time! Story about a special forces/police outfit called the Sukedachi.

Their job: dish out capital punishment by literally killing the accused in the same way he/she killed their victim(s).

The twist? It's an official duel. If the accused can kill the Sukedachi, they are allowed to be "free" for 3 months before being euthanized "peacefully". Duels are watched by the victim's family.

---

Interesting concept that is kinda Hell Girl meets Psycho Pass meets Judge Dredd. Guess the story is going to dive into things like revenge and closure. No real moral gray area yet but it's just the first issue. It's likely going to be a real downer series given the content. You can kinda see where things could head with this manga but I'm still intrigued. Will read.

edit: Has anyone read his earlier work, such as 666 Satan or Blazer Drive? How should I keep my expectations?
Hmm, I kind of liked 666 Satan.
I guess I'd say it started out like early Dragonball/Naruto and was adventure stuff, though, ending Part 1 with a tournament.
Part 2, though...parts of it were okay. More like Naruto Part 2/Shippuden where they try to shove in as much plot as possible that doesn't necessarily make sense or doesn't have the proper build up to it.
Actually, thinking about it, that ended with aliens, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom