• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Man, a lotta those seem right up my alley. Thanks a bunch!

No idea dorohedoro had so many fans. read some 13 tanks already. Maken sure wasn't that popular back in the day >____>

Dorohedoro is one of the most well-liked seinen out there (or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part). I still need to resume reading it though. Kinda stopped buying the volumes because of how hard it was to get a hold on them.

Anyways, if you like tactical stuff, Kingdom has a decent amount of it. I rather like Hinamatsuri as well, though it's a slice of life comedy series.

1418674451763cvuvk.jpg

Ryou fails to give me any good Alice's mom fanservice.

But scores when it comes to Gin.

I am satisfied.

kasane

Yo wtf boys mexico has been awesome so far

I rode a yacht

Unlimited booze or cocktails and tequilla

Food was pretty good as well. Cant wait for tomorrow

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You're even more obsessed with romance than Costi-kun. That's actually pretty impressive.

Have you resumed reading Jitsu wa Watashi wa yet?

I love romance but not to that extent, I don't like reading shoujos cause the feels are too strong for me and its too dramatic. The reason why I harp on that manga is because it could have so much more potential if it even tried to get a date or two going.

Also I'm gonna start reading Jitsu wa Watashi wa again since it was so good in the beginning and its probably get better even now.

You don't even know Yams, you don't even know. D=

The pain was real for me when I was reading it, I might pick it back up once I finish some of my backlog.

Also i can finally read manga again. So happy.

What updates did i miss? You guys know what i read ;__;

Foodgasm being gdlk as usual.

Zweizer

Banned
dorohedoro needs to be read in like, one sitting since it gets pretty dense

It only getting a new volume every six months doesn't help matters, either.

Dat A5 format is so good though.

Yo wtf boys mexico has been awesome so far

I rode a yacht

Unlimited booze or cocktails and tequilla

Food was pretty good as well. Cant wait for tomorrow

Quick, which manga had a yacht cruise and unlimited booze?

For some reason I thought of Kaiji, despite it featuring neither of these things.

I love romance but not to that extent, I don't like reading shoujos cause the feels are too strong for me and its too dramatic. The reason why I harp on that manga is because it could have so much more potential if it even tried to get a date or two going.

The pain was real for me when I was reading it, I might pick it back up once I finish some of my backlog.

Pshah, hot-blooded idol action is far more interesting than a paltry idol harem, you plebeian.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Vol.06

aRFA4yMl.jpg

I was worried that the appearance of a childhood friend would muck everything up again in this everything's adorable and perfect romance and well it's yet to be seen.

At the very least, Kyon seems able enough to know he likes Nagato and not stir up any harem antics. Still not sure how childhood friend would affect this though. At least Haruhi managed to help push them together.

Regardless of that, this is still too adorable for words.

Magi 249-250

wut

gyokuen (I have no idea how to spell her name) isn't really dead right? she was leader of the bad dudes and just got an origin of evil story, so I'm guessing she'll come back just to fuck with mr. angst and his friend.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Vol.06

aRFA4yMl.jpg

I was worried that the appearance of a childhood friend would muck everything up again in this everything's adorable and perfect romance and well it's yet to be seen.

At the very least, Kyon seems able enough to know he likes Nagato and not stir up any harem antics. Still not sure how childhood friend would affect this though. At least Haruhi managed to help push them together.

Regardless of that, this is still too adorable for words.

It's kinda sad how much more likeable the cast is in this series than in Haruhi proper, including Haruhi herself.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finally got around to reading Kiseijuu. So good that i'm blitzkrieged through it in two days.
Female characters, aside from that one parasite antagonist, are absolute trash, tho. Failing dat bechdel test with gusto. Trying to get the author's other works.

Looking for a coupla seinen suggestions for a long trip. Trying to remember the name of some mma girl book. Already done with alita, shamo (ye gods the current arc is shit), nihei, lone wolf, mugen no juunin, zerk and bokko. Tips?

Vinland saga
Oyasumi punpun
Rainbow
Green Blood

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
dungeon manga

You go maid

Fuck that little thief up

I hope you know the maid is
that god who wants the protagonist. Look at their hair styles and you'll see the similarities.
And this is just me cooking up a theory that is pretty plausible but certainly going to be the case later on in the story. Why can't more mangas be like Shieldbro.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Also I'm gonna start reading Jitsu wa Watashi wa again since it was so good in the beginning and its probably get better even now.

Foodgasm being gdlk as usual.

I don't like reading shoujos because they're terrible at an even higher rate than shounen.

EhoaVash

Anyone wanna recommend me a romance manga?

I liked kimi no iru machi suzaku, chibi vampire. I wanted to read fuuka.. But now that that one character died I .. Dropped the series. Pls no harems ._.

kasane

I hope you know the maid is
that god who wants the protagonist. Look at their hair styles and you'll see the similarities.
And this is just me cooking up a theory that is pretty plausible but certainly going to be the case later on in the story. Why can't more mangas be like Shieldbro.
Breh shes totally best girl.

Ill accept her 12/10

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't like reading shoujos because they're terrible at an even higher rate than shounen.

You've never read watashi ni xx shinasai? You heathen! I still want me some more romance mangas though... And no, not the depressing to the point you want to punch yourself kind.

Breh shes totally best girl.

Ill accept her 12/10

I see you like man eaters. Good luck with that.

They said no harems... If you want another rec, try reading Yesterday No Uwatte if thats how its spelled. Its a bit more of a mature read so if you don't like it then you won't like any of the progression.

Quasar

I liked kimi no iru machi suzaku, chibi vampire. I wanted to read fuuka.. But now that that one character died I .. Dropped the series. Pls no harems ._.

I quite liked Kimi wa Pet, Bitter Virgin and Koibana Onsen to name three. Though the last does have nudity, so that might put you off. If not I'd probably also name Nana to Kaoru and its spinoff.

Orange Marmalade was OK too. Lovely Complex is another.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You've never read watashi ni xx shinasai? You heathen! I still want me some more romance mangas though... And no, not the depressing to the point you want to punch yourself kind.

I see you like man eaters. Good luck with that.

They said no harems... If you want another rec, try reading Yesterday No Uwatte if thats how its spelled. Its a bit more of a mature read so if you don't like it then you won't like any of the progression.

Watashi ni XX shinasai is garbage though

dumbyugi

Horimiya
Bonnouji
Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga
Anedoki
KimiKiss - Various Heroines
Prunus Girl
Oto Koi
Sayonara Piano Sonata

Grabbed by the Ghoulies 116

Ghoul moe.
I'd let her eat me, if y'know what I mean.

Prison School 147

d3886cad4e.jpg

Kate is a Bleach character. I long ago gave up trying to predict what would happen in this series, but I had completely forgotten about this, and it got brought up in the best way possible.
And dem ripped stockings goddamn

Tonari no Seki 69

Seki's family is pretty awesome and Robot Family is GOAT

Nobelsse 349

Seems the fruits of training are bearing quite well.

Lets see if this can be wrapped up before the others reach there, but i doubt that werewolf idiot will kick the bucket right there and instead will escape (but not before his pride is ruined or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom