• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Toriko is basically an oldschool manly man shonen with food as a premise. It's also more bubbly than oldschool manly man shonen.

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 58

I was going to say, if they did another really op hands thing, that would be dumb. But at least they have them.

City Series Vol. 1 - Panzerpolis 1935

Written before both Owari no Chronicle and Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, this takes place in City era, two eras after Horizon's Genesis and four after Owari's Ahead. After countless amounts of times the world is destroyed and recreated in the Obstacle era, the City era starts when a world is created that will not be destroyed.

Well, the City series of novels is just supposed to be a bunch of non-connected stories that take place in an alternate universe where a form of magitek exists. Panzerpolis 1935 takes place in alternate universe Germany, where a trio endeavor to travel into space with their technologically-advanced airship, while being pursued by a general who wants to hide the existence of said airship so that the war will not end up being fought over it. Overall, pretty much all the characters were likable, with both protagonists and antagonists having believable and compelling personalities and motivations. Can't say much more than that, although I do find it a shame if these characters are a one-and-done deal, considering how short this light novel was. Or maybe it's because I'm used to the length of Kawakami's later works that I thought this was short?

What's the name of that series that this character is from?
JHWR1lJ.png

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 69

He has a future in the clowning business.

Poor guy. Still don't like elder sister.

Lol that island layout.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah it would be a pointless vote.

Also, the poor fool. Needed to learn to stay away from the Anime Thread, least you wish to be swarmed but everyone wanting everything to be exactly like Cowboy Bebop and Game of thrones while sipping their fine whine scoffing at anything that doesn't have a story as deep as Neon Genesis.

(This is probably an exaggeration, but for all the time I was there I couldn't shake the feeling of snobbiness so I bailed)

what the fuck

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 78

All this trying to kill is really making this feel bad. +Jokes not really landing well. Also so much fanservice.

Lain

So here I was, minding my own business, opening Shiwasu no Okina's nude Asuka pic on Pixiv and made the unfortunate blunder to scroll down to comments:

Random person asking an artist, a pro h-manga artists no less.... to draw Naruto fanart. In case any of the Naruto readers ever wondered why you get dirty looks. Now I can't go appreciate that wonderful Asuka without that horrid comment staring me in the face... in plain English.

I hadn't seen that. Nice rendition, although I'm kinda drawn more to the way the NGE characters are depicted by Saigado and Denkichi, for some reasons.

One Piece 771

Even though it was amusing, are we really going to have chapters dedicated to side characters? You know you could have the chapter dedicated to the Zoro or Franky or Robin fights.

Nightbird

Shonen Jump ToC (In case nobody has seen it yet)

Jump #04・05 (22/12):
WSJ Cast (Cover)
9y11fi2.jpg

1. One Piece (Lead Color Page, Popularity Poll Results)
  2. Assassination Classroom
  3. Boku no Hero Academia
  4. Hinomaru Zumou (Color Page, 32 pg.)
  5. Shokugeki no Souma
  6. Gakkyuu Houtei
  7. World Trigger
  8. Hq!! (Color Page)
  9. PSI Kusuo Saiki
  10. E-Robot
  11. Takujou no Ageha
  12. Toriko
  13. Gintama (Color Page)
  14. Nisekoi
  15. Kochikame
  16. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
  17. Bleach
  18. Juudouzu
  19. Sporting Salt
  20. Hi-Fi Cluster

Hunter x Hunter (Absent)

Bonus, pure Rankings, without Colour Pages and sub-7-Chapter-Titles:

1. Assassination Classroom
  2. Boku no Hero Academia
  3. Shokugeki no Souma
  4. World Trigger
  5. PSI Kusuo Saiki
  6. Toriko
  7. Nisekoi
  8. Kochikame
  9. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
  10. Bleach
  11. Juudouzu
  12. Sporting Salt
  13. Hi-Fi Cluster

Preview: #06・07:
Cover: WSJ Cast
Lead CP: Assassination Classroom
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Tiger-ani to Dragon by Tamura Ryuuhei (One Shot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom