• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Onepunch-Man 41.2

op-man40.127qac.png

Okay, now i am more tempted than ever before to spoil myself and read what happens next.

Tizoc

Kiss my ass became disappointing right from the 2nd-3rd chapter.
MC is a wuss, there's a generic waifu schoolgirl, and the female MC is a femdom obsessed ice queen bitch.

Zweizer

Banned
So, i tried making Furikake gohan from Shokugeki no Soma. I failed miserably., since it turn into regular chicken wing cooked with chicken brooth and soy sauce. Though, thanks to Kikkoman soy sauce all purpose, all is not lost, the failed chicken wing taste delicious.

Well at least it was tasty I guess.

Maybe I should try this recipe as well.

Kiss my ass became disappointing right from the 2nd-3rd chapter.
MC is a wuss, there's a generic waifu schoolgirl, and the female MC is a femdom obsessed ice queen bitch.

It becomes more interesting later on, but overall it has more of an educational tone rather than trying to portray a good romance.

Zweizer

Banned
Horimya ch45

Notes sure are practical.

I wonder what would be the stats for MangaGAF~

Aho Girl ch32

Poor buttons.

Kiss My Ass ch8

Cushions are serious business!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, i tried making Furikake gohan from Shokugeki no Soma. I failed miserably., since it turn into regular chicken wing cooked with chicken brooth and soy sauce. Though, thanks to Kikkoman soy sauce all purpose, all is not lost, the failed chicken wing taste delicious.

You could try it with pork? It's much richer in collagen, especially if you use something like feet.

http://steamykitchen.com/88-xiao-long-bao-shanghai-steamed-soup-dumplings.html

I imagine you'd need a LOT of wings to get the same jelly like effect because chicken is just not very fatty no matter which cut it is. That or too much water.

Jintor

the main thing i have discovered from living by myself is that i'm bad at cooking

but also i'm bad at eating so it works out

Looking Terrarium in a Drawer later~~

Horimiya 45

Honestly, I don't like all this focus on secondary characters I barely can get to distinguish their faces and all the teenage romance soapbox "A likes B but C really like A even in he said the other say that he would date D, and if they date together then this other person would date that other one...". Hell even the characters had to draw a scheme.

But as the main couple are already together, they are focusing on this bland subplot. I would prefer the series finishing instead.

Also, the original idea of the series got lost somewhere, imo, how both were the opposite of what they looked at first, it's almost retconned at this point:
Hori was supposed to look like the average good looking girl always going out with friends and talking about guys but truly she was more "homely", and Miyamura looked like the typical timid, glasses-wearing boy but in truth he was more wild with tattoos and piercings. In the end the first impression was right! Miyamura wasn't really wild and it's the typical timid soft-voiced guy and Hori is in this chapter going out with her female friend talking of boys ad love.

Lain

I came home to find the third Madoka movie BD in the mailbox, and a deluge of leaked translated super-interesting mango and donjon on the internet. It's like Christmas came early this year.

Shigatsu Kimi no Uso 30

Could the author drop the "violence on the MC is funnay!" act?

/rolleyes
The only are together when the author wants the drama point for the protag, like in this part. 90% of the time, it's with him.

Also a loli drops from the sky. And I don't feel my legs.

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya 45

Also, the original idea of the series got lost somewhere, imo, how both were the opposite of what they looked at first, it's almost retconned at this point:
Hori was supposed to look like the average good looking girl always going out with friends and talking about guys but truly she was more "homely", and Miyamura looked like the typical timid, glasses-wearing boy but in truth he was more wild with tattoos and piercings. In the end the first impression was right! Miyamura wasn't really wild and it's the typical timid soft-voiced guy and Hori is in this chapter going out with her female friend talking of boys ad love.

Wasn't it one of the points of the series that their relationship caused them to change to who they are now? Miyamura got less gloomy while Hori became more carefree, and both became more sociable, because they had each other to share and solve their issues.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
You could try it with pork? It's much richer in collagen, especially if you use something like feet.

http://steamykitchen.com/88-xiao-long-bao-shanghai-steamed-soup-dumplings.html

I imagine you'd need a LOT of wings to get the same jelly like effect because chicken is just not very fatty no matter which cut it is. That or too much water.

Yeah, i guess i use too much water, and i probably need to add more bone for chicken.
Xiao long bao, been a while since i eat that. Delicious.

Nightbird

Fairy Tail 413

So the Dragons where there all along, and it was a Spell that kept them inside the Dragon Slayers? Ok.

I wonder how Zeref is going to shake things up.

dramatis

Liar Game 197-8

Keikaku, keikaku everywhere. It's actually somewhat amusing to think back that the past chapters have actually largely taken place from the viewpoint of the LGT administrators, and their speculation on what Akiyama is doing.

The weird situation in which Yokoya messed himself up by having sheep who believe his actions speak about everything. He even had a background story chapter! But Akiyama still thinks of him as small fry. Poor guy lol.

unfortunately the % of good looking Asians in Ireland is a bit below par.

I think it's cos we don't have a big Korean representation.
It's because Koreans in Ireland couldn't get the plastic surgery resources they want in Ireland.

Usobuko

Banned
It's because Koreans in Ireland couldn't get the plastic surgery resources they want in Ireland.

Well, Asian who grew up in the West have kinda different beauty perspective than the ones in Asia. They are probably okay with the way they look instead of going for a more standardized beauty notion.

Contrary to most of the male species in my country, I think the ones with sombre-looking expression are very attractive.

RIP Zard.

Wasn't it one of the points of the series that their relationship caused them to change to who they are now? Miyamura got less gloomy while Hori became more carefree, and both became more sociable, because they had each other to share and solve their issues.

Yeah... and now they are a boring average couple.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
the main thing i have discovered from living by myself is that i'm bad at cooking

but also i'm bad at eating so it works out
Cooking is pretty easy. What isn't easy is figuring out which expensive flair ingredients can be cut so your jambalaya doesn't cost $40.

Deep 1

Pretty interesting series from line webtoon app again. Some of these new series keep having terrible artstyle that when something polished artwise comes up it instantly feels worth following.

I like this mystery zombie type affair going on. Dont know about the domestic story so far, feels like it could be a bit samey with the other types of similar series out in the literary world.

Rhapsody

Banned
Horimiya 45

Chapter felt short, but at least there should be another one soon. Not too interested in the side characters as much, but I guess they need some plot development for them.

Jarnet87

Bleach 610

I think I might just stop reading this for awhile lol

the best thing that could happen to Bleach is everyone just suddenly stops reading/buying it so Kubo can just end it quicker. If we were to find out an exact date when it would end I'd stop reading it until then and just quickly skim through the remaining chapters. This Arc is total nonsense, worse then when Kubo was trolling us every week with Aizens crap in fake karakura town.

Rhapsody

Banned
the best thing that could happen to Bleach is everyone just suddenly stops reading/buying it so Kubo can just end it quicker. If we were to find out an exact date when it would end I'd stop reading it until then and just quickly skim through the remaining chapters. This Arc is total nonsense, worse then when Kubo was trolling us every week with Aizens crap in fake karakura town.
I feel like this was where I should've stopped reading as well lol

It was so disappointing to eventually realize that it was the war they were prepping for.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 100

Official translation of Alice makes her sound like a valley girl. Ryo obviously got rek'd, so no point in even thinking about that guy.

Its kind of funny, the way Shokugeki in this series are structured tends to be very much like Bleach fights - they pull out a dish and the judges lose their shit and the person who made it explains after the fact what it did. But it works a lot better in a cooking fight because that's the only way it would actually work - they can't interact with each other as they actually cook.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soma 100

Official translation of Alice makes her sound like a valley girl.

Anyone with Japanese knowledge able to confirm this is "accurate" or more "Viz gonna Viz"?
Alice never felt like a "valley girl" from what I've read. Not as refined as Erina, but still fairly dignified.

Angry Grimace

Anyone with Japanese knowledge able to confirm this is "accurate" or more "Viz gonna Viz"?
Alice never felt like a "valley girl" from what I've read. Not as refined as Erina, but still fairly dignified.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the literal translation makes her come off as a bit of an airhead, and they translate it to make her a bit "omigosh, like really?!" to show that in English. She is certainly more of a goofball kid character than Erina is if you look at her interaction with her mother and with Soma.

upandaway

If you want to upload a few panels that highlight it it would be easier to compare with the direct panels in Japanese (hopefully from somewhere before ch96)

I only read the Soma vs Alice match in Japanese, and I don't know what a valley girl is, but I guess I remember her speaking in a sorta-cutesy way in some gag panels (like with Soma)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
World Trigger 88

Rank Wars is great. The team up and sudden alliance being formed in action is a great strategy to help Tamakoma 2 along. I think going this route should help Tamakoma 2 survive in this battle against Arafune and Suwa. Arafune should go down by the hands of Suwa and Yuma, and then Tamakoma 2 should easily defeat Suwa, hopefully...

dani_dc

Aho Girl 32

This chapters always push the boundaries of my disbelief, as if any teenager would resist such brea- woman.

Oddman 11 ch18

Loved the first page.

Kiss my ass 8

Learned something new about hemo's.
Informative as always.

Tonari no Seki-kun 70

We all knew Seki would be an evil boss.
How did he "teach" the toy to move that way though?

Horimiya 45

Aww, so so short. But double chapter? Where is the second one?
Also I can't tell any of these people apart. And I don't really care about these side characters a whole lot.

Never met a korean girl but I can confirm the above is at least somewhat true. In general we're an island of ugliness

yep. No matter what age, sex or race if you live over here you're probably fuck ugly.

I realise you're being facetious but plastic surgery is becoming more and more common here. We still don't have a culture around it like Korea/America, but it's definitely becoming more common.

Our Asian representation in that regard is mainly Chinese, and to be fair they're generally better looking than we are.

Food Wars
B5e8N8UCMAAJLbV.png:large

I like Kurokiba Ryou design a bit more but Hayama isnt bad either. This should have gotten a colour page cover treatment or something. Or maybe next chapter, it would make a great AU art of sorts. I wonder how Soma would look in an style to fit in with this.

Still think Kurokiba will win this.

The mom's panel was a bit too lewd for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom