• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks at the x51 skews and prices

yup not regretting building my own PC (much more efficient)... even though in total my PC is around the 2k ballpark (but that is all for future proofing and future SLi compatibility)

kasane

looks at the x51 skews and prices

yup not regretting building my own PC (much more efficient)... even though in total my PC is around the 2k ballpark (but that is all for future proofing and future SLi compatibility)

well yeah he gave me the most expensive build lol

i have a pc as well but im just gonna put it on my tv

my tvs hdmi is actually full. I need a splitter badly

PK Gaming

Yurika's Campus 16

E3GZspW.png
mXVNAIS.png

Alright, went and caught up on Prison School and Ana Satsujin. Trying to remember if there was anything else I was behind on that wasn't the short read club. Think that's it.

Prison School 1

I don't understand how this art could possibly translate to an anime.

Not easily. I'm more worried about rampant censoring.
They haven't announced any cast, studio or a director yet. So we will have to see. Seems like the same problem a Onepunch-man adaptation would run into.

Just looked at the first chapter and holy shit did the art change. This looks a bit more like Me and the Devil Blues then it does now.

...Maybe I should reread this.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Prison School 1

I don't understand how this art could possibly translate to an anime.

You are in for a ride friend. The studio won't do the anime justice cause of the rampant censoring it'll do. I don't know how High School DxD was able to get its show to air without censoring (probably showing it late at night) but the entire package of the manga is what made it shine.

Just looked at the first chapter and holy shit did the art change. This looks a bit more like Me and the Devil Blues then it does now.

...Maybe I should reread this.

Will look into Me and the Devil Blues.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 18

Can't wait for the conbination with Kaikiman.

I looked at this and was interested for a moment, should I read?

Will look into Me and the Devil Blues.

I looked at this and was interested for a moment, should I read?

Definitely look into Me and the Devil Blues. By the same author as Prison School, but a completely serious story. Also got re-serialized like three months ago but we haven't seen any chapter TL's. One of the most unique settings and main characters in manga.

As for Youkai Shoujo, if you like smut and youkai girls go for it but I'm not sure I like the Chuuni magical arm fighting direction it's heading.

survivor

Banned
Thermae Romae vol 3 End
Finally got around to finish reading the last volume and I wasn't really a big fan of most of what happened in the final chapters. I initially enjoyed the manga for all the history and some of the lighthearted time travel scenarios, but then it just lost all of that appeal and focused too much on present time business plans and yakuza nonsense. Still, there is admirable effort of research went into all of this. Reading all the extra notes by the author after each chapter, shows how much work put into this with travelling around the world to explore all different public bathing cultures.

My preference would have been if the story stuck to a more dry history lesson type of narrative rather than some silly time travelling love story. Oh well, might check out live action film eventually.

Big One

Banned
So I bought the Nausicaa box set Viz put out and I must say while the presentation and product is amazing, it's a bit of a chore to read due to the binding and size. Really should've been sectioned out into multiple books instead of just two.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Definitely look into Me and the Devil Blues. By the same author as Prison School, but a completely serious story. Also got re-serialized like three months ago but we haven't seen any chapter TL's. One of the most unique settings and main characters in manga.

As for Youkai Shoujo, if you like smut and youkai girls go for it but I'm not sure I like the Chuuni magical arm fighting direction it's heading.

I have a long week ahead of myself... Gonna just eat, sleep, study and read manga. Breaks are nice to have!

Prison School 2-6

I wonder what percentage of animegaffers will drop this when Kiyoshi sees Hana. Not bad in manga form but I can't imagine this not being gross when animated lol

Quasar

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 150 - Guess we know whose next now.

Domestic na Kanojo 10 - Setup complete now I guess. On to the other illicit romance.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Minamoto

ill probably lose control but thats bad

gotta stay strong bro

lolm8, im not endorsing being overly aggressive but when your in a situation like that, its really difficult controlling yourself. believe me, it aint easy, and most of the time its them testing/teasing you bro.
look back at it, look back at it, i put a fat rabbit on a craftmatic!

I Am Alice: Body Swap Vol.01

Makoto is your average boy but gets sucked into a mysterious book and winds up into some version of Wonderland. But he also managed to switch bodies with Alice along the way so now he's a girl and Alice's a guy. Also they meet a bunch of pretty guys.

Pretty amusing. Alice is a fun character, a weapon nut and totally all for everyone falling in love with Makoto. Enjoying that this is a pretty carefree take on Alice in Wonderland thing.

kasane

lolm8, im not endorsing being overly aggressive but when your in a situation like that, its really difficult controlling yourself. believe me, it aint easy, and most of the time its them testing/teasing you bro.
look back at it, look back at it, i put a fat rabbit on a craftmatic!

We all know its a test

gotta stay strong for a better reward

Quasar

I'm not buying it, personally. You don't just end something like that with only one confrontation.

I certainly don't think the guy will give up. So we'll have some kind of polygon. As for Hina...maybe it was a wakeup call that the guy was not going to leave his wife. But yeah..its not just over like that for her either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aho Girl 32

Discipline-chan possibly dumber than Yoshiko

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So, i tried making Furikake gohan from Shokugeki no Soma. I failed miserably., since it turn into regular chicken wing cooked with chicken brooth and soy sauce. Though, thanks to Kikkoman soy sauce all purpose, all is not lost, the failed chicken wing taste delicious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So, i tried making Furikake gohan from Shokugeki no Soma. I failed miserably., since it turn into regular chicken wing cooked with chicken brooth and soy sauce. Though, thanks to Kikkoman soy sauce all purpose, all is not lost, the failed chicken wing taste delicious.

I'm pretty sure that's not real food they make, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom