• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time
Nice art and fun story. Mayple has quite the cute smile.

And though I would be done catching up on week 5 of the short read list, I can't for the life of me find Children Can't Choose Their Parents. Though given it's just a one shot and what the synopsis is about, I can probably guess how it goes.

Time away from my apartment has proved useful in getting me caught up on manga.

Actually it's an action/comedy seinen.

I didn't really know how to explain it ):
I forgot it was Seinen though.

My Hero Academia 22

50078c0e19.jpg

I'd eat my rice with All Might-senpai.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 11 finally in the process of being translated. The waiting pain is real. Chapters being released on sunday/monday a few weeks ago spoiled me.

Quasar

Fuuka 44 - Well this is all a bit awkward, watching the grieving Yuu trying to force everyone else who have moved on with their lives to restart the band just to make him feel better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 44 - Well this is all a bit awkward, watching the grieving Yuu trying to force everyone else who have moved on with their lives to restart the band just to make him feel better.

The Legend Continues...

In fairness, literally one of those people seems better off than they were before. Iwami joined a new band but I think it was supposed to be obvious they weren't nearly as good as Yuu or the old band and Mikasa's homophobic dad is sending him off for a miserable life in a sham-marriage.

This series can't really be that long given its still bearing Fuuka's name and she isn't important anymore, by virtue of being a pile of ashes.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch22

Big breasted main female character who's obsessed with money (for a good reason). Where did I see that before?

dani_dc

Fuuka 44

Well now this isn't quite fun anymore, not in any of the two ways it could be fun.

Lets just get over this, we all know Yuu song will be amazing.

Really? Both teams didn't decided a stalemate because of luck, Akiyama definetly did something.

The real WTF factor here is why nobody in the LGT predicted this scenario...

We did see them taking actions which could had easily broke the stalemate (one of them attacking the other while not defending), so while I'm sure we'll be given some explanation, it doesn't feel like an actual plan.

Indeed, but then again, it's Akiyama. I won't be surprised if he suddenly explain something on the next chapter

I'm sure we'll get one of fhose.

hes gonna self destruct

tosh is better than that

Why would Tosh make Soma self destruct?

Ryou and Akira have already accomplished that before the match even began.

And we still need a good foodgasm from Alice's mom that can compete with her daughter.

Also,

Congrats to Soma for passing the 100 chapter mark!

Aside from the arc with him returning home for a bit that reeked like it was filler.

Its always been an enjoyable read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys guys Tosh doesn't write Shokugeki.

In fact, there was an editor interview in the last WSJI in which it was confirmed he doesn't write anything, the editor and the author do all of it.

Guys guys Tosh doesn't write Shokugeki.

In fact, there was an editor interview in the last WSJI in which it was confirmed he doesn't write anything, the editor and the author do all of it.

Actually, didn't they say he actually gives a lot of input, unlike most other writer artist duo mangas where pretty much all story stuff is decided and created solely by the writer?

Angry Grimace

Actually, didn't they say he actually gives a lot of input, unlike most other writer artist duo mangas where pretty much all story stuff is decided and created solely by the writer?

I'm looking at it right now, and the editor says Tosh isn't there most of the time and most of the meetings are Tsukuda and the editor, they do get the contributor and Tosh's input sometimes.

The thing with Tosh is that mostly everyone who reads this only remembers his name (Poor Yuto Tsukuda) and just conveniently label the two together even though he's not the actual author because of how "famous" he is with all his previous work.

This is probably a bad example.

But I think in some ways this is similar to The Nightmare Before Christmas where the majority like to label this as a Tim Burton directed movie rather than a Henry Selick one.

Angry Grimace

The thing with Tosh is that mostly everyone who reads this only remembers his name (Poor Yuto Tsukuda) and just conveniently label the two together even though he's not the actual author because of how "famous" he is with all his previous work.

But I think in some ways this is similar to The Nightmare Before Christmas where the majority like to label this as a Tim Burton directed movie rather than a Henry Selick one.

Tosh is in not really famous, you guys are just huge perverts.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 44

Well they finally finished doing a chapter for each member of the band. Glad that's over with.

But we still have to listen to the song. Still going to be awhile until the story progresses.

Zweizer

Banned
Takkoku!!! ch44.5 (End)

Nice epilogue~

Lets see. The previous chapters set up the other two looking down on him while everyone else focuses on the other two battling.

So the odds are like 5%.

Well, at least there don't seem to be a tie between Curry guy and Seafood guy this time.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 44

Well they finally finished doing a chapter for each member of the band. Glad that's over with.

But we still have to listen to the song. Still going to be awhile until the story progresses.

They're all gonna bust a nut and rejoin the band. Probably Iwami first.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo can we put One Piece back in the Top 10 in the OP? It's not like anybody is reading Hunter x Hunter right now.
Togashi... too lazy to even contribute Gon to a group picture.

dumbyugi

I think To Love-Ru is a good manga example. Yabuki's the guy everyone credits for the series even though Saki Hasemi is the writer. Though in this case I'm pretty sure Yabuki has a lot of input into the story.

Rhapsody

Banned
Welp. Although what Angry Grimace brought up with the example on F/SN and AmaBuri is one reason why I don't post too much in animeGAF.

kasane

lol anime gaf claims a victim agian?

tbf i consider others taste in anime shit but consider my tastes also shit

theres something about anime that when its discussed things get out of control lol

kasane

Cant wait for the Prison School anime lol.

Hero Mask 4

Woo someone is translating it! Now we have a luchador mask lol.

animegaf genocide?

animegaf has weird people who took everything so seriously

thats at least the impression i get from my short time there

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From the preview, the Soma anime will keep the foodgasms intact.
You think someone is going to make an OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom