• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, I can't help you guys if you can't see the true greatness in Golden Time.

If anybody hasn't watched it, you should. It will change your life. Teach you the true importance of memories and why the past isn't always the best option.

Also a ghost version of your past self might be trying to kill you because he wants to screw your childhood friend even though new you doesn't want to.

See? Important life lessons. Also Kouko is adorable. I have the soundtack on my phone.

alright, I can't help you guys if you can't see the true greatness in Golden Time.

If anybody hasn't watched it, you should. It will change your life. Teach you the true importance of memories and why the past isn't always the best option.

Also a ghost version of your past self might be trying to kill you because he wants to screw your childhood friend even though new you doesn't want to.

See? Important life lessons. Also Kouko is adorable. I have the soundtack on my phone.

Still not sure how the Author went from Toradora to well this...

dani_dc

I must be a masochist, this series is clearly not well thought of by people in general, and yet here I am considering going to watch it.

360pages

I just like Mangagaf more seems it seemed to be varied on what stuff people like. Between Shonen, Shojo, Senien and event he Smut here or there. Even if I don't like something I can usually respect it wasn't made for me, unless it flat out fails to convey what it's tries to do.

I'm not going to give a super detailed report about a series that obviously wasn't made for me. It would be a waste of time for people reading as well as me.

It would be like me going into Monster knowing I won't like it, finishing it, and then saying I don't like it. It's dumb, I'm not saying things shouldn't be judged or review.

But if I hate FPS's you best damn well not let me review one since the review would be slanted.

Don't worry guys when Gintama arrives on April, AnimeGaf will be a great place to post. Not only will Gintama save Anime it make reading posts fun.

Because Gintama is love Gintama is life!

I really do love Gintama.

Usobuko

Banned
While Slam Dunk's ending was abrupt, it was not a bad one.

Maybe initially you would feel this way but think about it this way, there is reasonable grounds for what happened and there's no way Inoue could top the last match. That sense of disappointment and pity for Shohoku is probably intended.

I don't watch/read smut for intellectual stimulation, I watch/read it because I want to see the lewds. It's not really worth analyzing or anything unless it's Prison School

Although anime smut is of a far lower quality then our prime 100% smut here

I think you meant unless it's Naoki Yamamoto works :)

Is the same way you convinced people here to read Suzuka?

Honestly, I don't think Suzuka is that bad contrary to all the MangaGAF impressions I read.

Narag

Oddman 11 - 18

h5u1IpL.png

I'd learn to read manga seriously if there was more of this.

I dunno, I think the way animegaf and mangagaf see each other is mostly the same.
I don't really know why.

Tribalism like how AnimeGAF and ToonamiGAF had some strange beef until the mutual trauma of Sword Art Online.

But all the hate makes it all the more tempting to check out on it and find out what's wrong/Why Costy loves it.

Well I quite enjoyed Suzuka, but then again I'm the guy that put KNIM back in the OP banner.

Please tell me you at least believe that Eba is worst girl.

VRMN

But all the hate makes it all the more tempting to check out on it and find out what's wrong/Why Costy loves it.

Do it at your peril. From my perspective, I was somewhat accepting of the show's flaws and then the ending just torpedoed what little goodwill I had. The drama's just too overwrought and the rules are not well thought out, hurting the whole.

Asuka was clearly the best girl. Anyone that says otherwise is crazy.

Between this and Haru, your good taste is impeccable.

360pages

I forgot how Legit good Pokémon Adventures is.

It's nice to see an adventure story that feels like an actual adventure. This is just the R/B arcs though.

Also, is there any fun action adventure manga that is kind of light hearted? I'm not talking about the big ones. Hopefully long as well.

I dunno, I think the way animegaf and mangagaf see each other is mostly the same.
I don't really know why.

too many anime-only plebeians

also would you really say the same it's basically:

anime thread - elitist snobs that write essays about the flaws they found in everything they watch

manga thread - degenerates that only read shitty shounen and smut

too many anime-only plebeians

also would you really say the same it's basically:

anime thread - elitist snobs that write essays about the flaws they found in everything they watch

manga thread - degenerates that only read shitty shounen and smut

Well, in the same way the threadgoers see each other, not for the same reasons!
I'm trying really hard not to use "they" lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
in regards to AnimeGAF, there's a reason I start posting there when a season begins and stop shortly after. I get all excited and want to talk about stuff and then I start reading some of the posts by the same people complaining about the same things every time and I wonder why they watch that stuff. Not all of AnimeGAF is like this of course, but there are enough posters like that to make it feel like it's clogged with holier than thou attitudes and people expecting everything including your bog standard harem to be a masterpiece and shitting on it when it's not.

Also the way some of them look down on MangaGAF is super gross. But whatever. I'll probably do the same thing when the next season starts. Post for a few weeks then give up.

The only fun I ever have in AnimeGAF is when I try to convince people Golden Time is a great show and people just don't understaaaaaaaaand

I don't understand why people can't be called out on their crap, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one to point out other people's flaws since I have my own but that's what a conversation/argument is. By the way, with me saying that, why did Grimace get banned? I liked seeing his avatar and all of its hate.

Revo

Anytime Ghost Banri made an appearance/was thought about/was mentioned it turned into unwatchable garbage. Worse than Suzuka when it was really bad.

Otherwise was pretty enjoyable and Kouko was pretty great. Just walk away for a few minutes when you think ghost banri will appear and you'll probably enjoy it.

360pages

I don't understand why people can't be called out on their crap, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one to point out other people's flaws since I have my own but that's what a conversation/argument is. By the way, with me saying that, why did Grimace get banned? I liked seeing his avatar and all of its hate.

Animegaf probably got to him.

Also I recommended by Story Club these Mangas.

Lucifer and the biscuit hammer

Dead Tube.

Pokémon Adventures.

Tskihime manga

Akame Ga Kill

My Hero Academia

Rhapsody

Banned
Anytime Ghost Banri made an appearance/was thought about/was mentioned it turned into unwatchable garbage. Worse than Suzuka when it was really bad.

Otherwise was pretty enjoyable and Kouko was pretty great. Just walk away for a few minutes when you think ghost banri will appear and you'll probably enjoy it.

The anime also had so many cliffhangers that didn't deliver in the next episode :(

I'm still salty about that.

kasane

#notalldotafans

...o wrong thread

#notalllolplayersarebad

me and lele were playing sf4 earlier and the connection from na to eu wasnt actually too bad

got some people in anime-gaf really mad with an argument about what's been mentioned in this thread for the last page or so. pretty sure it happened after he said he was done arguing too lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That also may be true, but I legit doubt that situation is much better currently.

You're missing the scale of the "problem", which is okay, because it's not immediately obvious.

NeoGAF is a business and most of its content is available to the public. What would you do, as a manager of a business, if one of your employees or group of employees starts talking about 12 year old cameltoe openly on Twitter?

You nuke them from orbit.

Posts like the one I quoted make the entire site look bad, and it's a good argument for razing the entire community to the ground and salting the earth. None of us wants to see that happen, which is why the shift in attitude was more or less a group effort to keep the poison out and the community safe.

Unrelated: If it seems like every season draws the same types of posts, it's because anime, as an industry, is very repetitive and incestuous. It's not like manga where the content runs the entire gamut from children's entertainment to literary stuff. Most of it consists of glorified 20 minute ads. Nisekoi anime? Advertisement for Nisekoi manga and related products. Log Horizon anime? Cashing in on the popularity of LNs set in MMOs. Sometimes even the good anime, like Gundam Build Fighters, was conceived of as a toy ad.

Occasionally, however, you get a series like Hyouka or Uchouten Kazoku that makes the entire hobby worthwhile, but they're something that comes maybe once every two-three years. The rest of the time is spent sifting through a mountain of shit looking for those golden nuggets. Now, you might say: "Well why does anyone put up with anime when they could be reading manga instead". Well, the tradeoff is that most anime complete their stories within a year or two. You don't need to wait 10 years to finish watching an anime like you do One Piece.

Imagine if all of manga was dominated by stuff like modern Bleach or To-love-ru, and the quality of the smut wasn't even good, but degenerate trash created by manchildren for manchildren. Do you think this community would be the same in such an environment? Has MangaGAF forgotten the Smut Wars so quickly?

kasane

You're missing the scale of the "problem", which is okay, because it's not immediately obvious.

NeoGAF is a business and most of its content is available to the public. What would you do, as a manager of a business, if one of your employees or group of employees starts talking about 12 year old cameltoe openly on Twitter?

You nuke them from orbit.

Posts like the one I quoted make the entire site look bad, and it's good grounds for razing the entire community to the ground and salting the earth. None of us wants to see that happen, which is why the shift in attitude was more or less a group effort to keep the poison out and the community safe.

haly thats too deep for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom