• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to preach the good word of Our Lord and Savior Tosh but I don't know if anyone is excepting the gospel

From the preview, the Soma anime will keep the foodgasms intact.
You think someone is going to make an OT?

I could give it a try.
Maybe.
...Don't quote me on this.

Rhapsody

Banned
It was interesting reading the critiques on KimiUso in the thread. It might not be perfect, but I never realized how many boxes were checked off on stuff they disliked on that series. Young kids with thought processes of older people, romance that crosses over, aggressive girl, etc.

Ya'll need to stop getting banned over at the Anime thread.

Gonna make me look redundant when its my turn in Spring.

From the preview, the Soma anime will keep the foodgasms intact.
You think someone is going to make an OT?

Why would someone make a thread where it would get shutdown because of all the lewd images posted?

Rhapsody

Banned
Poor Angry Grimace, being lost in that other place.

You guys sure are hopeful.
I'm more afraid of a bad adaptation that will justify (in their views) that lewd is bad :(

Even if it was a great adaptation, I think they'll still say that lewd is bad. And that it's pandering and fan service.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Poor Angry Grimace, being lost in that other place.

You guys sure are hopeful.
I'm more afraid of a bad adaptation that will justify (in their views) that lewd is bad :(

Except with soma we'll have smellovision

...Why don't we have it already T_T

kasane

ok this post was spot on

so Slam Dunk manga vs Anime?
any preferred version over the other?

manga cause fuck the anime its gonna cut off during the best parts

edit:also still feel like shit

going to a nice weather like mexico back into canada was a mistake

i was slogging through work yesterday thank god i survived

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can almost guarantee that someone will complain about all the foodgasm in SnS and hope it doesn't happen every time.
and one of replys with:
giphy.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
I think the only sports series where i prefer the anime over the manga is Prince of Tennis.

The anime actually made it more interesting.

Even if it was a great adaptation, I think they'll still say that lewd is bad. And that it's pandering and fan service.

"They"

Plenty of people are looking forward to it. But half of them are from here anyway!
And you just gotta be careful with lewd, or else you will end up like chickdigger (RIP)

Rhapsody

Banned
"They"

Plenty of people are looking forward to it. But half of them are from here anyway!
And you just gotta be careful with lewd, or else you will end up like chickdigger (RIP)

Chickdigger threw caution to the wind, that's for sure lol
wait.. what happened?

Last I remember, I think it was for posting the gif of the kissing scene in the Prisma Illya anime.

Funny thing is, I remember some other guy posting the same gif in one of the Sony hype threads when it got pages after pages of activity, so it got buried.

360pages

Like I said, it seems that the few cool people on animegaf either left or are from here anyway. Plus I'm not interested in constantly hearing them complain about fanservice every 10 minutes. I go to here to talk about Manga, and another site to talk about Anime.

Usobuko

Banned
It's perfectly fine to like what you like, such as this case.

I love my fan service, it panders to me.

But if anyone want to engage into intellectual critique of a work, you cannot hide behind the supposedly inherent value of a subjective opinion as a ready-made defense for anyone who challenge your views. This is just lazy criticism to defend your position.

Decisions

Ddddecisionssss

hardest of my life

manga cause fuck the anime its gonna cut off during the best parts

i should probably just read it and play at the same time

Yowamushi Pedal anime is fucking good. Didnt read the manga tho.

i started reading the manga cuz i couldn't handle waiting for more episodes, and the manga is also fucking good. The last few chapters have been SO AMAZING, and after reading some of it I can just tell even more how awesome the anime is at adapting the source.

the art is kind of rough though but I like Hunter x Hunter a lot too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's a reason why AnimeGAF takes a hard line stance towards fanservice these days, and it's because we attracted posts like these when the rules were more "relaxed".

cnet128 said:
So, if we seem stuck up about "fanservice", it's for very real reasons and not just arbitrary snobbishness. The arbitrary snobbishness is reserved for topics like Utena, Hyouka and Mamoru Oshii.

It's perfectly fine to like what you like, such as this case.

But if anyone want to engage into intellectual critique of a work, you cannot hide behind the supposedly inherent value of a subjective opinion as a ready-made defense for anyone who challenge your views. This is just lazy criticism to defend your position.

I don't watch/read smut for intellectual stimulation, I watch/read it because I want to see the lewds. It's not really worth analyzing or anything
unless it's Prison School

Although anime smut is of a far lower quality then our prime 100% smut here

360pages

There's a reason why AnimeGAF takes a hard line stance towards fanservice these days, and it's because we attracted posts like these when the rules were more "relaxed".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117178919&postcount=5530So, if we seem stuck up about "fanservice", it's for very real reasons and not just arbitrary snobbishness. The arbitrary snobbishness is reserved for topics like Utena, Hyouka and Mamoru Oishii.

But at the same time, you're going to have weird and bad poster regardless. The current situation is just scaring off regular posters by the high strung atmosphere.

Of course this isn't a topic for Mangagaf, and I probably shouldn't have made the comment anyway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117178919&postcount=5530So, if we seem stuck up about "fanservice", it's for very real reasons and not just arbitrary snobbishness. The arbitrary snobbishness is reserved for topics like Utena, Hyouka and Mamoru Oishii.

I remember reading that stuff and wanting to wash my eyes out with soap. People have their things but... come on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The current situation is just scaring off regular posters by the high strung atmosphere.

The stuff like I posted above was already scaring off "regular" posters. This new atmosphere is a lesser of evils.

But at the same time, you're going to have weird and bad poster regardless. The current situation is just scaring off regular posters by the high strung atmosphere.

Of course this isn't a topic for Mangagaf, and I probably shouldn't have made the comment anyway.

Maybe, but not every poster wants the same thing or welcomes an influx of newcomers, and from what I understand it's laxer then it was. Really I haven't been here so long compared to some others.

And yeah it's not really the place to have this topic. I don't want to drag this over here.

360pages

The stuff like I posted above was already scaring off "regular" posters. This new atmosphere is a lesser of evils.

I just entered the topic and I just shook my head at what was going on. That also may be true, but I legit doubt that situation is much better currently. I legit know I'm going to get into an argument there if I enter. While once again Animegaf has a very. (What I think anime should be vs what it is) Also, lets legit end this conversation here...

dani_dc

Unfortunately so, but a bad adaptation will just do further damage.... Though now that I think of Maiko I can agree with your view more.

Cnet wasr good poster as far as writing and discussing went... he just had certain tendencies that sometimes went a bit too far...

in regards to AnimeGAF, there's a reason I start posting there when a season begins and stop shortly after. I get all excited and want to talk about stuff and then I start reading some of the posts by the same people complaining about the same things every time and I wonder why they watch that stuff. Not all of AnimeGAF is like this of course, but there are enough posters like that to make it feel like it's clogged with holier than thou attitudes and people expecting everything including your bog standard harem to be a masterpiece and shitting on it when it's not.

Also the way some of them look down on MangaGAF is super gross. But whatever. I'll probably do the same thing when the next season starts. Post for a few weeks then give up.

The only fun I ever have in AnimeGAF is when I try to convince people Golden Time is a great show and people just don't understaaaaaaaaand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom