• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
me and lele were playing sf4 earlier and the connection from na to eu wasnt actually too bad

Damn, I would have joined in to show my fraudulence in omega mode.

got some people in anime-gaf really mad with an argument about what's been mentioned in this thread for the last page or so. pretty sure it happened after he said he was done arguing too lol

Damn, how unfortunate.

Usobuko

Banned
I can't stand the amateurish sketches in HxH where Togashi basically give the editors and his readers the finger.

lol fuck your manga tastes and fuck the dota 2 team you support as well

/s

#TeamWinning

I don't really support them though, it's just one that I have to choose 1 out of 2. And I don't watch dota 2 anymore outside of maybe final in an important tournament.

Mods told them to calm down and quit it, but Grimace pushed it. It would've been fine if he didn't.

ah, didn't catch that lol. well maybe he can spend the time away to do his fusion dance.

anyway, actual manga discussion!

UQ Holder 62

So I guess this is the main crew? Pretty underwhelming. But hey, we can finally cross of one of the girls from winning the Negibowl (minus the ones that aren't straight, of course). Also just hurry up and become a girl Kuromaru.

Yamada 139

Even this girl whose pagetime consists solely of lusting after Yamada is better than Shiraishi.

360pages

You're missing the scale of the "problem", which is okay, because it's not immediately obvious.

NeoGAF is a business and most of its content is available to the public. What would you do, as a manager of a business, if one of your employees or group of employees starts talking about 12 year old cameltoe openly on Twitter?

You nuke them from orbit.

Posts like the one I quoted make the entire site look bad, and it's good grounds for razing the entire community to the ground and salting the earth. None of us wants to see that happen, which is why the shift in attitude was more or less a group effort to keep the poison out and the community safe.

Well, if you like your community that's fine. I won't be participating in it and I really can't recommend it to people who are interested, and I can understand where you're coming from.

We here mostly manage to avoid such extreme measures, even when someone flat out calls all Shonen's garbage they themselves admit it's more about them and we just accept that.

But once again, if you are fine with how things are, someone like me who only posted there five times and peaced out have no right to tell you how to run it. There are plenty of other communities out there for me without me shitting on one.

kasane

well i honestly think there is a way to discuss lewd without going too far

no need to continuously complain about it just lay down the hammer on those you think went too far

dani_dc

no need to continuously complain about it just lay down the hammer on those you think went too far

This thread is a perfect example of how to discuss lewd. Some people here made an art form out of it.

UQ Holder 62

So I guess this is the main crew? Pretty underwhelming. But hey, we can finally cross of one of the girls from winning the Negibowl (minus the ones that aren't straight, of course). Also just hurry up and become a girl Kuromaru.

Comrade!

It's nice seeing I'm not the only one on Team Girl

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I just personally stopped watching animes that just provide fanservice with no substance. High School DxD is so good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We here mostly manage to avoid such extreme measures, even when someone flat out calls all Shonen's garbage they themselves admit it's more about them and we just accept that.

This is because we (Smut-GAF) drove out the shounen fans into the dedicated Bleach/Naruto threads years ago.

MangaGAF wasn't always like it is now.

Soma

I don't understand why people can't be called out on their crap, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one to point out other people's flaws since I have my own but that's what a conversation/argument is. By the way, with me saying that, why did Grimace get banned? I liked seeing his avatar and all of its hate.

dude's been going on and on about baseless claims and presumptions about the community for months now. when he finally gets called out on it he suddenly tries to run away from the discussion clearly not wanting to own up to his lack of foundation in his arguments.

he needed a break imo.

I don't really see how the claims are baseless. It's hard to go into AnimeGAF and not get the sense that there's a super negative attitude in the thread.

Maybe some of it comes down to not knowing most of the regulars. Like I know dimb from the League thread so I know what to expect from his posts even in AnimeGAF and he generally raises a lot of good points even if he is negative a lot. I can't say that for other people there though and there are definitely times when I go in and I do feel like "everyone" hates what's currently popular (or at least say they do), which is usually when I stop posting there for the season.

I guess it's the same way I think people who say stuff about this thread are mostly making biased, baseless claims but clearly they have to be based in reality and I have my community blinkers on. That's just the way things are.

Grimace's mistake was trying to reason with people on the matter in the Anime thread and not stopping when he should have. I get his frustration with the thread since I share a lot of it, but it's all picking your battles and whatnot and I'm sure Grimace knew he was pushing it this time.

Haly

Just someone saying "Bleach/One Piece/Naruto sucks" was enough to warrant 2 pages of fruitless discussions.

Indeed. Here is an example of a typical MangaGAF conversation circa 2011. This happened on a weekly basis.

mysticwhip said:
I like naruto more than bleach or one piece. Everything is better in Naruto. I just like it more plain and simple. I hate when people say you have no reason for liking x over y. I don't need a fucking reason, I just like it more. There are trolls like dtl who exaggerate their opinions for attention but there are genuine fans like beam,tactical fox and stat flow who just really like bleach.they don't need a logical reason, they just do.
Big One said:
mysticwhip said:
I like naruto more than bleach or one piece. Everything is better in Naruto. I just like it more plain and simple. I hate when people say you have no reason for liking x over y. I don't need a fucking reason, I just like it more. There are trolls like dtl who exaggerate their opinions for attention but there are genuine fans like beam,tactical fox and stat flow who just really like bleach.they don't need a logical reason, they just do.
Go back 2 Narutofan
mysticwhip said:
Big One said:
Go back 2 Narutofan
go back under your bridge.

Angry Grimace said:
Big One said:
Go back 2 Narutofan
I fail to comprehend how you can spend an hour crafting a reply and then post low content shit like this like 2 posts later.

Oh wait, I remember. Trolling.

So, 360pages, I hope you understand that the MangaGAF you see today... is the result of the work the community put into cleaning up its content and attitude.

kasane

yeah i posted like 5 times there last season and i just kinda faded away. I also got the general feeling that they hated everything

Edit: well big one also got banned for shitting on dtl for liking yu gi ohs manga

and he admitted that hes just an all around asshole

By the time I stopped posting in AnimeGAF I was basically dumping impressions and not caring about the discussion.

At the same time, the discussion there was basically one person reacting to everything and everyne going omgamazing over it.

yeah i posted like 5 times there last season and i just kinda faded away. I also got the general feeling that they hated everything

Edit: well big one also got banned for shitting on dtl for liking yu gi ohs manga

and he admitted that hes just an all around asshole

I'm still surprised I wasn't banned for calling him out over that

maybe dresden-senpai likes me

Haly

At the same time, the discussion there was basically one person reacting to everything and everyne going omgamazing over it.

Ah, the stream-of-consciousness reviews era of AnimeGAF.

Yes, it was a dark time, and one of the things we try to avoid nowadays.

360pages

Indeed. Here is an example of a typical MangaGAF conversation circa 2011. This happened on a weekly basis.

So, 360pages, I hope you understand that the MangaGAF you see today... is the result of the work the community put into cleaning up its content and attitude.

But isn't animegaf a little older. Plus isn't Animegaf Post Cleaning? That means the current condition of it is where it stands after repeated Nukes. It might change later, but talking about it currently it's not a very fun place to be...

Haly

But isn't animegaf a little older. Plus isn't Animegaf Post Cleaning? That means the current condition of it is where it stands after repeated Nukes. It might change later, but talking about it currently it's not a very fun place to be...

They both came into being around the same time. AnimeGAF didn't really exist before 2010, not in the same way it does now. And the improvement is an ongoing thing.

I am legit excited for the Soma and Prison School season(s) and reading AnimeGAF impressions

i'm staying away from the post button like my account depends on it but it'll be fun to read

It's crazy how much mangagaf has changed since I first started lurking at the end of the big three era. Most of the top posters from back then are gone.

Soma

no one will be able to escape from #SmutStorm2015

iSFimamfvqYxe.png

I am legit excited for the Soma and Prison School season(s) and reading AnimeGAF impressions

i'm staying away from the post button like my account depends on it but it'll be fun to read

I dunno. I think people already know what to expect.

Now that won't stop me from pushing them and giving good people false expectations mind you

no one will be able to escape from #SmutStorm2015

iSFimamfvqYxe.png

Monster Musume adaptation would seal the deal

360pages

To be fair, the Anime/ Writing Forum I visit... (Weird combination,) just said fuck it and put all the lewd stuff into a single Topic
Pretty much Ergo and H stuff
and it doesn't have any of those problems that seem to be popping up threads like the anime one.

With that said, how many of you read Melty Blood. I asked this when I first showed up, but I don't mind repeating the question.

(I also wonder how the Tales of Games Mangas are)

Haly

Watch when AnimeGaf deem Shokugeki no Soma and Prison School as trash, it's only inevitable. Both Anime's are gonna make each of their respective lewd scenes so over the top that AnimeGaf won't be able to handle it. And it will end up with posters viewing it as irredeemable trash.

So say goodbye to anime smut.

PK Gaming

Honestly? Coming from someone who's somewhat invested in AnimeGAF/ManGAF... you guys don't seem all that different

I know it's a cliched thing to say but

You guys really don't seem all that different

Watch when AnimeGaf deem Shokugeki no Soma and Prison School as trash, it's only inevitable. Both Anime's are gonna make each of their respective lewd scenes so over the top that AnimeGaf won't be able to handle it. And it will end up with posters viewing it as irredeemable trash.

So say goodbye to anime smut.

The greater likelihood is that the Prison School anime won't make the lewd scenes over-the-top enough compared to the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom