• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch57

They are amazing in their lack of sexiness!

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch26

Be careful to not overexert yourself~

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu ch33 (End)

Hahahahaaahahaha. Fuuko should dump this guy. He ain't worth it.

Green Blood 1-49 (END)

7mPNpYR.png

That about sums it up.

19th century Wild West story about two brothers seeking revenge against their scummy father. Credit due to this series, since it compelled me to read it through to the end despite neither the setting, the premise nor the characters appealing to me. The phenomenal art doubtlessly had something to do with that, though I’d expect no less from the Hideout artist. Enjoyable enough for me, but someone who found the story more engaging would get more out of it.

Usobuko

Banned
With just 5 chapters, I feel like I witness some incredible build up with the characterizations of these deviants in Alice in Borderland. It's not just their personalities that shine in this psychological warfare arc, Alice in Borderland has a system in place where you will inevitably face off the higher ranks and some games will be a free-for-all battle royale.

What it happens, that is something to be behold.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm new to this "sharing what I've been reading" thing, but I figured I'd at least contribute a little. I've started my Google Doc to keep track of things...

Asuka Hybrid 1-9

I love this. Fun, flirty, silly, cute. Excited to read more of it eventually.

Useful Good-for-Nothing 1-25

Another fun read. I enjoy the dynamics of these "slice of life" style books. I'm going to be looking for more of these.

Tsuki Tsuki! 1

I don't know if I'm going to like this or not. I'll give it a fair chance, but the beginning is a bit all over the place.

I will be reading Boku Girl and Velvet Kiss next. I'm a sucker for gender bender, romance, slice of life, harem, etc. It's my weakness I guess, haha.

Zweizer

Banned
Once Again Overall Thoughts
bPV1d.gif

I take it you enjoyed it?

I'm new to this "sharing what I've been reading" thing, but I figured I'd at least contribute a little. I've started my Google Doc to keep track of things...

I will be reading Boku Girl and Velvet Kiss next. I'm a sucker for gender bender, romance, slice of life, harem, etc. It's my weakness I guess, haha.

You can also add Nozomu Nozomi to your list. It should be right up your alley.

Usobuko

Banned
G-Maru Edition ( End )

This might be Mizuki Kawashita's favorite work herself because it feels like I'm reading an extension of her in this manga. Especially the part where she wanted to become a shoujo mangaka and ends up doing ero instead. Not to mention her female character design has an erotic tone to it even in her shoujo-esque work.

It's a light-hearted reading experience from her perspective.

Revo

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro 141

The idea of draining Neuro of his energy means that we're unlikely to get real cases :(
The descent to battle shounen is here.

Sekai Oni 22

The baby gets to live!

Revo

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro 162

Lack of puzzles is still :(, but Neuro is still great and that's the main draw so I'm basically okay with how it's going (although all the action means less Neuro being Neuro).

Boku no Hero Academia 25

"The mine field straight out of Rambo 3" lol what a weird reference.

With all these talks of sidekicks, I wonder if Deku will become one. I guess he already is All Might's.

Cross Ange - Tenshi to Ryuu no Gakuen 5

9d9c1ce3fa.jpg

Jo0Ffh2.png
4eTX0i1.png
SysmivM.png
zqZR94t.jpg

SMooVEf.png
edSCAGn.png
70Qh1an.png
ewtYEsR.png

Didn't bother trying to remember where I last stopped.

Read it from the start and absolutely loved it.

Now I'm free to enter that uncharted territory.

Akainu

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 1

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like for the Hoenn MC to date a grunt from Team Magma? No? Me neither. But someone made a cute manhwa about it anyway.
Funny, I actually did. Though it was more like a pokemon story with a main with a interest in things other than pokemon.

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 25

Midoriya proving time and time again to be one of the smarter WSJ protagonists. Predicting the Fire/Ice boy will be the first to turn bad.

Terraformars v11 (up to chp 107)

Didnt think we would be preparing to leave Mars so soon. Hoping an roaches invade Earth plot is in the works, as the humans have just about been able to continually outwit the roaches.

Didnt like any of the characters of focus this volume, no Marcos or Alex or Akari made it bleah.

dani_dc

AKB49 - 14

That superman syndrome. Take off the wig, yell at journalists, put wig back, and no one recognizes him despite wearing the same clothes and there being no one else there.

Inuyashiki

Why does the Gantz dude have to ruin a good thing with his forced edginess like this? The comic was awesome when it was about an old dude nobody liked getting turned into a cyborg by aliens, but now that he's actually trying to be serious, my interest just went way down. All his shitty traced backgrounds showing how little he actually knows about drawing by contrast just makes it so much worse. Well, whatever.

Usobuko

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";145391209]Inuyashiki

Why does the Gantz dude have to ruin a good thing with his forced edginess like this? The comic was awesome when it was about an old dude nobody liked getting turned into a cyborg by aliens, but now that he's actually trying to be serious, my interest just went way down. All his shitty traced backgrounds showing how little he actually knows about drawing by contrast just makes it so much worse. Well, whatever.[/QUOTE]

It's by the Gantz author, I expect the series to start out decent and goes down the drain eventually.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
New Terraformars update!

Everything about it was so amazing. Lost my shit at the fucking roaches and their shitty drawings. And that Honey Badger, and that team work. And that everything.
But mostly that "yes" ;_;

Boku no Hero Academia 25

such hype

Parasyte up to 35

alright, so I'm kind of confused here. So Kana lied to Shinichi about believing in Parasites? Or did she think her powers were for something else? either way god damn it seriously sucks to be Shinichi, like holy shit.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 57

Shiho really is damn sexy.

And a 4koma spinoff about Akari and Akane trolling each other would probably be one of my top 10 ever manga.

Gonna jump on the Parasyte manga bandwagon cause seeing the lack of character development in the anime is frustrating.

Maybe it's just because I was rereading what I had already seen in the show, but everything after the most recent episode is pretty fantastic. Really picks up the pace in terms of shit going down.

Parasyte 39-45

Shinichi I think you need to level up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom