• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

Okay this men fight turned into a tear jerker.... Senior's past man

Bleach

more set up..... I wonder what he meant by not defeating him is the only road to peace

Toriko 310

A set up chapter before the full battle begins.... some questions like how did some monkeys get to the peak where answered yet I can't take the panels where it zooms into Bambina's balls seriously

Seeing Sunny punch with his fist may of been the first time

Oda needs to hurry the fuck up. Other than that the new series look schway. Too bad at most, there can be only one. Hope Hungry Joker mangaka learned from his mistakes.

Anyways, started reading Rin-Ne and Rumiko likes drawing backgrounds as much as Kubo....

God, fuck Sporting Salt.

Any ideas what the new series are about?

Stolen from various places on the internet:

Kaizou Ningen Rogii (New Series by Miki Yuu) (This was originally an one shot)

In the near future, the human race has cured most illnesses in the world by inserting a machine into everyone's body that automatically fixes the defects in the system. However, as a side effect, people will gain different kinds of abilities when the body tries to reject the machine and the black market will do anything to get their hands on these special people.

Rogii is one of these altered humans, who fight against those who want to capture and use others like him for crime and evil. Rogii’s incredible combat abilities help him crush his opposition as he tries to take down the black market.

Kagamigami (New Series by Iwashiro Toshiaki (author of Mieru Hito and Psyren)) is a serialization of the Shikigami Twilight Days oneshot. Probably. Looks pretty similar to it.

While i don't mind seeing Madarame getting some due i still question the existence of this continuation especially if this is the route its now going in.
I liked Madarame in the original, but making him sort of the main character and giving him a harem is too much for me. Plus he's the center of that spin-off. It's running a popular character into the ground.

I liked Madarame in the original, but making him sort of the main character and giving him a harem is too much for me. Plus he's the center of that spin-off. It's running a popular character into the ground.

I do see it as a logical extension since Madarame seems like a chilled otaku dude who was just the typical looking and didn't have the crazy advantage like Kousaka lol and the concept that all of these "suitors" are after him must be kinda uncomfortable. But the series now apparently being solely around that is weird.

Also its funny that while Sahara wasn't much of a main character (even though he was positioned as such) for some reason his missing presence is felt here (or maybe that's just me).

As for the bold its not him even though the author seems to be holding no punches anymore and indicating otherwise (i.e the character is not just some expy) with the recent references/introduction of other characters/expys

Looks like E-Robot will be taking the role as the bottom feeder for the next 10 weeks or so. Also Takujou no Ageha has begun it's slow descent towards the bottom. Gakkyuu Houtei has debuted decently (position wise), lets see if it can hold onto a high mid ranking for the next few weeks.

KAG1C54.png

Yay, Kenny's back.

Maybe now he'll get a chance at a good fight after the shitfest that was Gremmy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

Dang even the backstory of someone like Senor Pink was well done.

I wondered why he was so stylish in the flashback before and now is dressed like a baby.
Oda explains everything. EVERYTHING.

Which is why I'm expecting that super weight human to play a further role in this arc, since they have yet to explain his weird tanooki tail

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece- Crying right now. Senor pink's backstory is pretty great. Also that fight was pretty great. Also the moment when Franky says
If a man pours you a drink you don't refuse it
i lost my shit. That line was so god damn manly. That entire fight was so god damn manly. One of the better fights of the series, that's for sure.

Bleach- So I am really hoping all of this is set up for Ichigo's crew to fight against those weird quincies, and for the captains to fight against Zero Squad. I feel there was too much hype for them and we haven't seen squat yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himouto! Umaru-chan 88

I don't know how how to describe this series. I would say its cute-girls-doing-cute-things (which is probably accurate), but its not even remotely creepy like K-on! is.

Furyous

Kubera The Last God

Can someone answer some questions or speculate about the answers?

What does Ran mean when he says Leez shouldn't tell Claude about her lack of fear towards death?
Why can Yuta hear Ran's brother speech about being pitiful?
Why did God Kubera's hand start to disappear?
Why do you think Agni gave Yuta his consent?
What power is Asha after as she tries to kill Leez on board the airship?
If this trial doesn't result in Asha's excommunication then something is wrong with the world.

This author is the biggest tease ever
with constant timeshifts towards the future. Could've sworn we saw Leez die as Yuta held her. Is Kubera Leez the last god or what? Does that mean Agni is dying at some point?

Bleach 613

Wow, she talked down Kenpachi from doing something dumb. That's commendable.
Are we entering the endgame here? Hope so.

One Piece 775

Ah, there's the drawback. The Healing Fruit reduces your own lifespan.

Goddamn that Bromance between Franky and Senor Pink. Oda giving a solid explanation for a man wearing baby clothes, I didn't expect that!

Rankun

Neo Member
Akame ga Kiru 56

Did the anime adaption seriously foreshadow the manga? What the fuck. I hope it doesn't turn into the same trainwreck now, and more importantly: is Mine dead or is she okay? I need answers.

Other than that I liked the chapter. Tatsumi's fight against Esdeath was amazing.

Stulaw

Akame ga Kiru 56

Did the anime adaption seriously foreshadow the manga? What the fuck. I hope it doesn't turn into the same trainwreck now, and more importantly: is Mine dead or is she okay? I need answers.

Other than that I liked the chapter. Tatsumi's fight against Esdeath was amazing.

She's in a vegetative state.
I think.

Edit: Just re read it
it's not really clear, it says that she has fallen, and there are 4 members left, but why keep her body like that?

dani_dc

One Piece 775

Only Oda can make a serious depressing background out of what seemed like an autonepiophile joke character.

Such a manly chapter.

I think the angel might have some superhuman "ability", because I am not convinced centaurs should naturally have that good upper body strength, especially with arms that small. Their arms simply aren't in as much use as their legs are, and the girl's life style hasn't been shown to be much different from a human high schooler. It just doesn't add up

Not sure how that would correlate with angels having a superhuman ability as well though.

I'd guess that centaurs arms are somewhat stronger as a result of their overall build, though I do see your point on them being less used limbs.

Nordicus

Not sure how that would correlate with angels having a superhuman ability as well though.
Basically because of the centaur's arm strength that surpasses that of a proper strongman, I smell bullshit. But this doesn't seem right for an author that almost overthinks things. So maybe angels posses superhuman intellect or the ability to persuade and command anyone with their speech. Or they could have retard strength as well, something about their home dimension/planet might cause hyperconcentrated muscle mass

One Piece

GODA doing work making even a joke character have a great arc and tragic back story

Bleach

Holy shit is it FINALLY HAPPENING? Are we truly entering the final Ichigo vs Yhwach battle

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One Piece

GODA doing work making even a joke character have a great arc and tragic back story

Bleach

Holy shit is it FINALLY HAPPENING? Are we truly entering the final Ichigo vs Yhwach battle

not happening

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

Bleach

GODA doing his own work this chapter is damn right. Manly tears were had.

Do you really think Bleach is actually coming to the end? Maybe in six months the final battle will almost start :lol

Turok_TTZ

Senor pink truly is a man amongst men.
I see him in a whole new light.

hard boiled done justice.

Gintama leaks disturb me. Comedy side of Gintama buried confirmed?

UQ Holder leaves me laughing. kirie is such a sassy lass and karin is karin.

I doubt they would let touta leave though.

Senor pink truly is a man amongst men.
I see him in a whole new light.

hard boiled done justice.

Gintama leaks disturb me. Comedy side of Gintama buried confirmed?

Gintama seems to be approaching it's end (I've heard Sorachi has even gone on record saying as much), so comedy is probably on the backburner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom