• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is it, and is it okay to read even without reading Zero?

Not that long. From my tweets (hush), it looks like it only took me about 2 hours to finsih reading it.

No big deal if you never read Zero. There's like some minor references but it doesn't impact your understanding of it nor spoils Zero either.

I loved it, kind of wish they make a sequel based on that timeline.

A Narita written alternative story of Danganronpa after the events of IF. Oh god, that sounds amazing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Out of all my posting history in GAF there has been only two times when my post suddenly vanished, and one of them just happened in here, hahaha.

Oh well, at least now I know such talks aren't... encouraged in here :p

Zweizer

Banned
I wonder what Oda spends with all that money.

I wonder what all these rich mangakas do with their money. You never hear about them buying a mansion or tons of drugs or something.

Out of all my posting history in GAF there has been only two times when my post suddenly vanished, and one of them just happened in here, hahaha.

Oh well, at least now I know such talks aren't... encouraged in here :p

Now you've gotten me curious. What did you try to say?

Ahahaha holy shit.

Akito

yVFstzT.png

Sankarea ending, take a bet, is it a good or horrible one?

Zweizer

Banned
Tadashikunai Renai no Susume ch5

Alright, uh, it's pretty much hentai now. Just a word of warning.

Cliché development otherwise.

Usobuko

Banned
Tadashikunai Renai no Susume ch5

Alright, uh, it's pretty much hentai now. Just a word of warning.

Cliché development otherwise.

I stopped reading this one after the first 2 chapters, you should cut your loss too. I don't see how this would somehow turn out good in the end.

Stulaw

I'm so glad that I haven't read Fuuka yet, if there's on thing I've learned from reading Suzuka and KNIM, it's that I'm not a masochist.

:Seo

However, Princess Lucia is still decent.

Really saddened that Mitsukubi Condor is probably reaching its conclusion next issue. It had so much potential. I can't wait until 3D printers are more accessible so I can create a Marshmellow figure. Good night sweet prince.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch407

Soon he'll be General, huh?
Interesting to see that the Queen's downfall would be due to Rou Ai being drunk with power rather than, well, just drunk.

You cray DTL! You only like to see hot guy action without regard to the quality of the story. I couldn't get enough sensei personally. I thought his conversation with kind was more captivating than Genos' fight against the robot. It's insane I haven't gotten enough of sensei being a bad ass this far into the manga <3

King is just kind of dull, but the conversation did make me want more domestic type of life stories with Saitama and others.

Yes so glad 7taizai is becoming popular, the tag used to have such awful little to no arts.
Bz6WA-WCYAA423Y.jpg:large

Sankarea Overall Thoughts

Well, it's been a crazy ride through out the whole story with zombie tendencies, maddo scientists, and GORE EVERYWHERE
Its a romance that will never be, and will stay like that forever.
Was it good? Yes. Excellent? Nah. It has potential to be a tragedy but it was decided for a good ending that was and expected from a mile away.

I do recommend it, but only to a certain extend. There are better manga that have romance done better, and is not diluted by another genre. But it stands out in a way that plays the zombie genre in a new and fresh form.

I give it a 7 out of 10

Zweizer

Banned
Sankarea Overall Thoughts

I do recommend it, but only to a certain extend. There are better manga that have romance done better, and is not diluted by another genre. But it stands out in a way that plays the zombie genre in a new and fresh form.

I personally find the "dead girl" romance done much better in Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and I can't help but compare these two from time to time. If you haven't read it yet I strongly recommend you to do so.

If you want a zombie romance manga I suggest you read Escape from High School Girls and Girls' Day Out of the Living Dead, by Dowman Sayman, in that order.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka chapter still isn't translated. If its really that bad, I might just put Fuuka on hold or something.

Reading Suzuka-esque chapters weekly would be too masochistic.

Stulaw

Sankarea End

Hmm... I thought there'd be more to the story than that, sort of saw
Chihiro being alive
not long in considering
how everyone was acting towards Rea
. Still, I liked the manga and although there were a few things that could have made it better, it was decent and certainly worth a read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka chapter still isn't translated. If its really that bad, I might just put Fuuka on hold or something.

Reading Suzuka-esque chapters weekly would be too masochistic.

Its out right now. And just as hilarious as foretold.

Defuser

Horimiya
So Hori is a M? Violent on the outside but loves to be on the recieving of it? Goddamn. Takes Tsundere to a whole new level.

Fuuka

This... this is his masterpiece.

He almost had me fooled. But I knew. I KNEW. He would never let me down.

It was simply too perfect. This was the long con. Give us all such a false sense of hope that it would go well. Then right at the perfect moment... take it away in the dumbest way possible.

It could not have gone better. The method... man. Not only is it simply... incredible, but he also ripped it off from his own material in true Seo fashion. This is why we are reading Suzuka. I had this feeling that I had to read it, but clearly it was Seo-sensei coming to me in a dream to prepare me for this moment.

Why, you ask? Well, who is Fuuka's mother? None other than Suzuka of course. And how did Suzuka's childhood crush die? HE WAS HIT BY A TRUCK.

Can you imagine the drama that is about to come? Suzuka's own daughter critically injured by a truck, just as her relationship is going well...

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Seo-sensei. take a bow. take me on this wild ride of anger and despair.

Seo Giveth, Seo Taketh Away

Shengar

Fuuka

It was simply too perfect. This was the long con. Give us all such a false sense of hope that it would go well. Then right at the perfect moment... take it away in the dumbest way possible.

It could not have gone better. The method... man. Not only is it simply... incredible, but he also ripped it off from his own material in true Seo fashion. This is why we are reading Suzuka. I had this feeling that I had to read it, but clearly it was Seo-sensei coming to me in a dream to prepare me for this moment.

Why, you ask? Well, who is Fuuka's mother? None other than Suzuka of course. And how did Suzuka's childhood crush die? HE WAS HIT BY A TRUCK.

Can you imagine the drama that is about to come? Suzuka's own daughter critically injured by a truck, just as her relationship is going well...

imDxrdC.gif

You never cease to amaze me as Seo fan, Costi

Fuuka

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

To think Seo would make the incident with Suzuka's childhood crush happen to Fuuka. He's a fuckin troll that's unbelievable.

I guess that Narita's forte is writing a story with a lot of character involved then.

Pretty much, he also does great with sudden scene changes, even though that happens less in IF due to the length of it.

Ah, the wonders he could make if he was just using Danganronpa characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom