• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to remember the title of a manga. It's about a girl with people inside her head debating things and how they influence what goes on outside.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You think they would have established Yuu being a genius singer at some point ahead of this, too.

VRMN

There's probably some throwaway line about Fuuka liking his voice or something. Clearly he was the last resort though and just wound up being great because...I'm not going to try and predict anything beyond Fuuka winning unless she's actually dead. Which...there's no way, right?

VRMN

...wait. I'm going to break immediately my saying I wasn't going to try and predict this. We're assuming, or at least some are assuming, that Fuuka has plot armor because she's the title character and Title Characters Always Win.

What if...what if, mind you this is ridiculously unlikely...Fuuka isn't the title character and it's referring to Yuu's future daughter with someone else who they name after her because of her awakening Yuu's love of music and the band they established together?

(But really this screams time skip, coma, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien drama...only hopefully at least 7/8 less idiotic.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's probably some throwaway line about Fuuka liking his voice or something. Clearly he was the last resort though and just wound up being great because...I'm not going to try and predict anything beyond Fuuka winning unless she's actually dead. Which...there's no way, right?

That was literally in the last chapter - he sang the song and she said "oh you have a good voice."

They aren't going to kill Fuuka in a manga named Fuuka simply because if they were, it would have been foreshadowed far earlier. Its a lot more likely she'd mute, or paralyzed or something, but I think that's even a bit of a stretch.

dani_dc

Fuuka 36 SUPER SPOILERS EDITION

Noooo that's the wrong fucking Akitsuki to get run over by a truck, wrong fucking series too.

I felt bad for Sara as well, though in this circumstance I don't really blame anyone, and her reaction wasn't too bad either.

Fuuka 36 Impressiosn as a Seo fan

Yeesss, this was glorious, the pain, the rage, I felt so annoyed and happy when I saw her getting hit by a truck.

After seeing the posts on this thread and then seeing the chapter title was "Dance Club" I was expecting a more "typical" drama twist, some cheating or someone kissing someone else against their will and then being caught doing so. And then BAM, Fuuka channels her mother ex-boyfriend and gets ran over by a truck.

Suck on that Suzuka, that's what you get for being an awful person! Pay back for all the shit you did on your series.

The small Sara section when she gets bitter about Fuuka was really satisfying as well, though clearly overshadowed by the truck to the face sequence.

I'm so happy right now.

I give this a Seo/10, would recommend reading again.

Okay, now I get to vent a little about how stupid the accident is.

She dropped her strap while crossing a street. Naturally she notices even though that's not something you notice straightaway, but whatever. She goes back a few steps for it as the light changes.

So the driver of that truck would have had to been waiting at the light, did not see her, and then also hit her at speed? Uh...no?

Still a marvelous troll, but...that is not an accident that happens. Now let's get all Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in here.

Eh, I've seen nearly suffered from moronic drivers before, heck, I nearly got hit by a truck when the lights were green just a couple weeks ago. And after nearly running me over the truck driver started doing hand signs blaming me and complaining.

Angry Grimace

I don't know, I literally keep laughing out loud when I think about that plot twist. I mean, everyone's all happy and shit's looking up. So she gets hit by a fucken truck.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Also, LOL at this reaction: http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2jw3r7/disc_fuuka_ch_36/

VRMN

Yeah, I've laughed out loud a few times from the reactions here as well. Seo is so goddamn good at this. It's awe inspiring, really.

dani_dc

I'm way too happy about a manga character getting hit by a truck.
I just can't stop smiling and feeling all warm inside.

I don't know, I literally keep laughing out loud when I think about that plot twist. I mean, everyone's all happy and shit's looking up. So she gets hit by a fucken truck.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's just so amazing, everything was going so perfectly, the characters were actually not being complete idiots like every other Seo series, so of course they get rewarded this way.

This type of stuff just makes the chapter even better.

VRMN

How about this? Fuuka recovers, but Suzuka is now playing the role of super over protective mother and breaks Yuu's soul because that's what Suzuka does to men.

Angry Grimace

I just feel like if it was a manga about Yuu being sad about his dead girlfriend it would have been Tama who died.

Angry Grimace

I tried to get Akitsuki as my character in Akinator and he asked if my character was dead.

Someone in my office was like "what are you laughing at in there?" and I responded "Fuuka got hit by a fucken truck."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just feel like if it was a manga about Yuu being sad about his dead girlfriend it would have been Tama who died.

If he wanted her to live then she wouldn't have been hit by what can only be described as a big-ass truck. He could have hit her with a Fiat 500, a G-Wiz or anything from the hot hatchback family of cars. She could have survived that easily, but no, he hit her with a big-ass truck. Killed the same way her mom's first boyfriend of killed, that's fucking cold as balls.

I tried to get Akitsuki as my character in Akinator and he asked if my character was dead.

Someone in my office was like "what are you laughing at in there?" and I responded "Fuuka got hit by a fucken truck."

:LOL

Holy shit

Rhapsody

Banned
Okay, now I get to vent a little about how stupid the accident is.

She dropped her strap while crossing a street. Naturally she notices even though that's not something you notice straightaway, but whatever. She goes back a few steps for it as the light changes.

So the driver of that truck would have had to been waiting at the light, did not see her, and then also hit her at speed? Uh...no?

Still a marvelous troll, but...that is not an accident that happens. Now let's get all Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in here.

No, that situation doesn't mean the truck would have to have been waiting at the light.

Red lights turning green doesn't always mean there's a queue of cars waiting.

Angry Grimace

I haven't read any of this silliness so what do I know, but usually
feathers are a death kinda thing in manga.

(Fuuka's motif is feathers in general)

No, that situation doesn't mean the truck would have to have been waiting at the light.

Red lights turning green doesn't always mean there's a queue of cars waiting.

So what's the avatar bet on Fuuka's life?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
LMAO at that Fuuka reaction.
Bless you Seo Kouji, you magnificent bastard!

Momo Sora 1-2
Dat....eyebrow.
A slice of life story about family. The selling point, a loli step-mom with Chaika eyebrow. Yeah, nothing new, but it sure is fluffy

Seifuku adventure

I can smell the vanilla! Only 12 page, but i can sense it's going to be that awkward romance series.

Horimiya 43

Hori is a M, and yeah, i can understand miyamura feeling. I too have that urge to step on someone head.

Angry Grimace

lmao that Reddit thread has a Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien reference also
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Angry Grimace

I'm not betting, but I think she's dead. I'm expecting this to be like Cross Game/Touch but with music.

No way I'm taking this bet lol

I can't fathom any realistic way he'd keep playing music if the inspiration for his playing died horribly while he was playing without her. I think you guys are actually giving Seo too much credit to think he has the the stones to pull off killing off the title character in chapter 36 after spending years inserting her into his other shit and having her existence be a relevant part of a previous work of his.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't fathom any realistic way he'd keep playing music if the inspiration for his playing died horribly while he was playing without her.

He's gonna meet up with Fuuka's family eventually and then somehow regain the confidence to play or something, imo.

Thinking on it now, it makes sense on why Seo never showed Fuuka's family in present time yet, probably saving it for this moment. Plus we'll get to see Fuuka's sister finally.

dani_dc

No way I'm taking this bet lol
For the best, we need the few Nisekoi avatars that are still around here. Especially Haru ones.

I can't fathom any realistic way he'd keep playing music if the inspiration for his playing died horribly while he was playing without her. I think you guys are actually giving Seo too much credit to think he has the the stones to pull off killing off the title character in chapter 36 after spending years inserting her into his other shit and having her existence be a relevant part of a previous work of his.

I could see a "I'll do so for the sake of her dream, the world will know her name" kind of motivation going on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You know what he would have had them playing if he had real balls? Keep on Truckin'. It would have been absolutely perfect, I can only hope the anime team chooses it when the time comes.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 121

308782229gkam.jpg

List of things I hate right now:

1. Everything.
So not only is best girl (1) on a death sentence, but we get to see best girl (2) falling apart at the realisation there's fuck all she can do except kill her friend early. Lovely. If this is Hatsuna's final arc, the life expectancy of everyone other than the main couple just took a hell of a knock.

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure we can say that if she survives being hit by a big-ass truck.

If the truck was going fast enough to kill her her brains would be splatted all over the pavement.

dani_dc

So some catch up of yesterday mangas

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 49

Principal taking advantage of a student, very disturbing and illegal.

I wonder how long the series can keep this Shiragami in denial plot point going.

Kingdom 407

Shin is nearly there, I'm curious why 5000 man will be so different.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 10

Just freaking start dating already. I don't even understand what's stopping that from happening anymore.

Dat new banner. I can hear panda doing his happy dance from here.

He was crying that no one had noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom