• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

Okay, now I get to vent a little about how stupid the accident is.

She dropped her strap while crossing a street. Naturally she notices even though that's not something you notice straightaway, but whatever. She goes back a few steps for it as the light changes.

So the driver of that truck would have had to been waiting at the light, did not see her, and then also hit her at speed? Uh...no?

Still a marvelous troll, but...that is not an accident that happens. Now let's get all Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in here.

Shengar

Okay, now I get to vent a little about how stupid the accident is.

She dropped her strap while crossing a street. Naturally she notices even though that's not something you notice straightaway, but whatever. She goes back a few steps for it as the light changes.

So the driver of that truck would have had to been waiting at the light, did not see her, and then also hit her at speed? Uh...no?

Still a marvelous troll, but...that is not an accident that happens. Now let's get all Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in here.

Holy shit just when I thought that a context wouldn't make it dumber
I was wrong

Zephyx

Seo is hate, Seo is death

Seo is a master. Seo is a god. I almost lost faith in him with Fuuka but no, I was wrong to doubt.
We can get that Tama ending now can we?
She really didn't deserve any of that though..

Soo.. predictions.. how does it turn out from here.. I'd say she'd lose her memories or lose the ability to sing. Tama will reenter the fray to provide comfort to Yuu and it will go hell from there.

@Costi, I stopped reading Suzuka in favor of other manga that is not a waste of time. When do I start my punishment?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seo is a master. Seo is a god. I almost lost faith in him with Fuuka but no, I was wrong to doubt.

Soo.. predictions.. how does it turn out from here.. I'd say she'd lose her memories or lose the ability to sing. Tama will reenter the fray to provide comfort to Yuu and it will go hell from there.

@Costi, I stopped reading Suzuka in favor of other manga that is not a waste of time. When do I start my punishment?

I seriously doubt either of those. It would just kind of make the manga pointless being about her. My guess is that basically nothing happens beyond them establishing Yuu can sing also.

on Halloween

how many chapters did you read?

Zephyx

I serious doubt either of those. It would just kind of make the manga pointless being about her. My guess is that basically nothing happens beyond them establishing Yuu can sing also.

It could be some kind of recovery story of some sort. I dunno. I guess I'm just used to these kind of developments that something tragic or devastating will occur once that kind of accident happens.

on Halloween

how many chapters did you read?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It could be some kind of recovery story of some sort. I dunno. I guess I'm just used to these kind of developments that something tragic or devastating will occur once that kind of accident happens.

I don't think even Seo would go with a red herring that bad. Even in Berserk the entire Golden Era arc was told as backstory ahead of time. He'd have to have told us about it ahead of time.

alright, 77 days of KNIM worst girl of your choice as your avatar starting Halloween

Zephyx

I don't think even Seo would go with a red herring that bad. Even in Berserk the entire Golden Era arc was told as backstory ahead of time. He'd have to have told us about it ahead of time.

I guess so. I just can't discount the possibility of that happening since it's Seo we're talking about here. There's nothing impossible when you're making a manga about love.

alright, 77 days of KNIM worst girl of your choice as your avatar starting Halloween

If it's the worst girl, it's gotta be Asuka or that job hunting girl. I hated her guts a lot. Also felt like she was an unnecessary plot extender.

Gets hit by a truck. Lose the ability to sing.

I don't know how that works.

Zephyx

do you want me to double your punishment buddy?

Please don't. It's my first time wearing an avatar in this forum. If it makes you feel better, I'd also use it on my steam acct for that span so I have an avatar for everything. :p

Regardless, I didn't like her even though she did nothing wrong. I just didn't feel anything when I read the parts about her.

Angry Grimace

It's called Fuuka, it's not like she will die from it.

The problem is, even assuming Fuuka lost her voice and couldn't sing again, it wouldn't necessarily change the dynamic between Yuu and Fuuka all that much. They'd still just be dating or whatever.

Fake edit: Oh, wait GUYS I GOT IT: Okay here's what happens. Fuuka is in a coma for a few days due to the accident. When she wakes up, she has amnesia and cannot remember that she and Haruna were dating. Haruna tries to restablish a relationship with her, but her personality has changed. That's right, she transforms from Fuuka into Suzuka and is just a raging bitch all the time!

elyetis

The problem is, even assuming Fuuka lost her voice and couldn't sing again, it wouldn't necessarily change the dynamic between Yuu and Fuuka all that much. They'd still just be dating or whatever.

Fake edit: Oh, wait GUYS I GOT IT: Okay here's what happens. Fuuka is in a coma for a few days due to the accident. When she wakes up, she has amnesia and cannot remember that she and Haruna were dating. Haruna tries to restablish a relationship with her, but her personality has changed. That's right, she transforms from Fuuka into Suzuka and is just a raging bitch all the time!
Not being able to sing ( or a coma, or ..changing personnality and becoming Suzuka ) still mean the same thing anyway, blablabla depressed blablabla they have a fight for a stupid reason blablabla he go out with someone else blablabla he still end up with Fuuka.

Angry Grimace

Maybe she'll be deaf and then it will turn into the depraved Seo version of Koe no Katachi

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They could easily kill her off, don't forget that the band is also named after her. So the manga would go from being about her to being about the band. She's dead guys, Seo pulled the ultimate rage move this time. Killing her off makes far too much thematic sense considering not only the chapter but the course the story has been taking so far.

She's dead Jim.

Horimiya

She's an S? This keeps going in amazing directions :lol

Angry Grimace

They could easily kill her off, don't forget that the band is also named after her. So the manga would go from being about her to being about the band. She's dead guys, Seo pulled the ultimate rage move this time. Killing her off makes far too much thematic sense considering not only the chapter but the course the story has been taking so far.

She's dead Jim.

I mean, she isn't going to die.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fuuka

This... this is his masterpiece.

He almost had me fooled. But I knew. I KNEW. He would never let me down.

It was simply too perfect. This was the long con. Give us all such a false sense of hope that it would go well. Then right at the perfect moment... take it away in the dumbest way possible.

It could not have gone better. The method... man. Not only is it simply... incredible, but he also ripped it off from his own material in true Seo fashion. This is why we are reading Suzuka. I had this feeling that I had to read it, but clearly it was Seo-sensei coming to me in a dream to prepare me for this moment.

Why, you ask? Well, who is Fuuka's mother? None other than Suzuka of course. And how did Suzuka's childhood crush die? HE WAS HIT BY A TRUCK.

Can you imagine the drama that is about to come? Suzuka's own daughter critically injured by a truck, just as her relationship is going well...

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Seo-sensei. take a bow. take me on this wild ride of anger and despair.

Seo Giveth, Seo Taketh Away

I fucking blame scy for not trying hard enough to stop him from reading KNIM.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka - A tragic, yet heartwarming tale of loss and rediscovery. The new undead musical romantic comedy from Kouji Seo - death is not the end for love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom