• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

I'm not putting it past Seo to turn this manga into
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Fuuka's gonna be in the hospital in a coma for a long time and the band recruited Tama to sing and is super popular, but they have to pretend they're still up and coming because Fuuka woke up and has severe amnesia.
The sad thing is I had the same thought.

Quixzlizx

If those Fuuka spoilers are real I'm going to hang myself.

Girls of the Wild's 159

My problem is I'm hoping Jaegu doesn't immediately get punked like cannon fodder guy, but realistically he should get slaughtered, so MY IMMERSION will be broken if he holds his own.

Quixzlizx

Also, I'm going to be a tool and repost my Suzuka recap since I've been told that at least some people were just not reading it because I posted it early in the week and it encompassed all 30 chapters. Also, those Fuuka spoilers have broken me to the point that I want to completely envelop myself within Suzuka's madness just to see the world burn.

Suzuka 91-120

Well, the first 15 chapters went relatively OK by Suzuka standards, except for Suzuka telling everyone but him that she was going to be leaving for a year. I'd be pretty pissed in that situation, too. But otherwise, she seemed to have calmed down somewhat and was acting like a "normal" girlfriend with managable levels of Suzuka crabbiness. I also like Yuuka more with this look, and the chapters featuring her were cute. She can also be an object lesson for Yamato for what happens when you're too into someone.

Then... holy shit. Somehow Seo-sensei managed to create a believable relationship downward spiral. It's kind of funny how he decided to swtich to totally insane plot twists combined with totally irrational and unbelievable decisions in KNIM, considering these chapters are proof that he knows how to portray a miserable person intentionally tanking a relationship without any crazy curveballs required. Then again, this was just depressing, while KNIM was full of delectable rage-inducing trolls, so I guess he does know what he's doing.

I mean, yeah, it was shitty of Yamato to forget Suzuka's birthday, but fuck her. He's so much better off without her, and it's really pissing me off that the ending is set in stone. Other than the post-breakup depression, you can see Yamato already (slowly) improving as a person as the Suzuka toxins in his system slowly drain away. At least he finally realized that his obsession with her caused him to be left with nothing once she was gone.

Yui, you swung for the fences, and you struck out. I like you a lot, but trying to jump a guy that's currently in the breakup trauma stage is playing with fire. At best, you're a rebound, and at worst you get horribly stonewalled like you did. It sucks, because I enjoyed the chapters with the two of them working together, and they really seemed to enjoy each other's company, which meant there was no way there'd ever be anything romantic between them in Seo-sensei's twisted universe. RIP #teamYui.

It's annoying how Honoka-chan has managed to conveniently reenter the story right after the breakup. At least now it doesn't seem like she's too thirsty for her own good, so maybe their interactions will be less cringeworthy. I really hope they don't get back together in the next 10 chapters, and I really really hope Honoka won't be pining for him in the next 10 chapters.

Finally, I have to give my customary shoutout to goddess Miki. Oh lawd, that Miki special chapter. I think Yamato calling her by her first name is Seo-sensei's way of letting us know that even he knows Miki is best girl. If her being a total bro and showing off her complete mastery of life and hometown in her track uniform each chapter wasn't already enough of a hint.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The sad thing is I had the same thought.

I have my doubts its going to be anything other than just a random drama event though because Fuuka's name is on the cover and even Seo is probably a bit gun-shy to make the entire plot a red herring.

Nisekoi
B0aa-55CEAEqNUp.png

Such a fantastic chapter, all that Ichijou, and Ichijou cooking, and in traditional ware too. I havent smiled this much in weeks for a Nisekoi chapter. Too good.

Keyman 23-24.5

Franck should've said he did it 35 minutes ago.
All these shocking truths
although I kinda figured Necro made the first Keyman
So the Double Helix World is actually just Perfect Cars?

Revo

7seeds 139

Just some more updates on everyone's situation. Although the Ango/Arashi situation is probably hitting a breaking point.

VRMN

Rage Town? Now it makes sense.

Actually, no. Why the fuck are you guys reading that stuff?
For the record, the actual name is The Town Where You Live, or Kimi no Iru Machi. But Rage Town is appropriate. He's just good at doing insane relationship drama. It's somehow addicting. I actually dropped KNIM...lasted until the series was over. Then I had to see how it ended.

Tacitus_

For the record, the actual name is The Town Where You Live, or Kimi no Iru Machi. But Rage Town is appropriate. He's just good at doing insane relationship drama. It's somehow addicting. I actually dropped KNIM...lasted until the series was over. Then I had to see how it ended.

The Town Where You Rage. I remember it being "popular" some OTs back.

Let's put another not smut manga in the smut banner instead of the other one were it actually belongs.

And in exchange, we take out the lewdest manga from the smut banner.

Instead of the, oh I don't know, the other non smut manga.

Because that seems right.

Hey next time whenever we have Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece on the banners again.

Mind if we put them on the smut banner as well?

Only seems fair.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let's put another not smut manga in the smut banner instead of the other one were it actually belongs.

Hey next time whenever we have Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece on the banners again.

Only seems fair.

...what?

Only seems fair.

salt.jpg

Quixzlizx

I didn't even notice that. No TLRD is bullshit. I mean, I'd rather have Jitsu wa Watashi Wa on a banner, but it's not even on the right one.

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 49 (Big spoilers ahead?)

Absolutely terrible chapter once the principal started to play games. Wasn't funny at all and what a terrible way to deal with the way Youko is currently feeling.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch49

Such a troll and at least some progress is being made.

Also given the mental/and physical scars inflicted on Shiragami's parent;s i have a feeling the principal haven't even begun to start yet LOLOL

Nobelsse

Power up hour continues.

This shit better be worth it once they start to fight again. Also the school stuff reminds me of how insignificant the humans are and the author sticking to it.

Angry Grimace

Also, I just read the raws for Fuuka and LOL

So. Much. SEO

:seo: :seo: :seo: :seo:

klee123

Rage Town? Now it makes sense.

Actually, no. Why the fuck are you guys reading that stuff?

Pretty much everyone who reads Seo's work and rages after every chapter is a closet masochist.

They act as if Seo's work is trash, but deep down inside they can't get enough of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom