• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madao

Bleach

so, the Quincy Wrestler is basically a Gaffer that runs on hype?

good to finally see Kensei's Bankai in action. his power seems to be the reverse of Bambietta's bombs since this one implodes whatever it touches with the knuckles. it still doesn't explain how Wonderweiss off-paneled him back then.

Naruto

so, if Madara is getting back the eye that Obito has, is he going to be one-eyed after that?

Akito

Haru no Houtai Shoujo 9
Wait what, it's a power of imagination? Noooo Natsu :(

Yandere Kanojo 54
Oh god it's been too long since the last chapter I amost forgot that we're right in the middle of a super important arc. RIP Kuroko Misaki.

ffdgh

Naruto

Soooo we're back at base one?....well 2? Wonder how long this will go on.
KuGsj.gif
. and what happened to Hashirama.

Aizo

Banned
Otoyomegatari
bb7prRk.jpg

Amir is so OP. Shot a horse in the throat from a great distance, jumped down a few stories, pushed her father back with only a bow and pushed him down ready to slit his throat? Best girl.

Also her family in general is badass.

Essentially, this. Amir is OP, indeed. What a lovely character.
Azel also kicked quite a lot of ass in this chapter.

It's odd, this is such a major tone shift, but it's done so well.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Pretty cool power both the captain and the Quincy have, but still a pretty lack-luster chapter with next to no real build up. I don't mind one on one fights, but Bleach needs to do something to mix up the formula. It's beyond stale.

Naruto

It seems like Madara can absorb the chakra (maybe even abilities of) other people, as well as have some control over the Edo Tensei. Still dumb he had to give up his immortality for that, but it might make for a good fight by the end between him and Naruto in full fox form (you know that's going to happen).

Might get some interesting fights with the Bijuu, but Madara might just be way OP and wipe the floor with them, which would be pretty sad. Also, Obito pretty much being screwed over by Black Zetsu is hilarious, since it was his crutch for almost the entire time he had it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So rereading otoyomegatari like I'm wont to do whenever a new chapter releases...

Am I imagining things or did mr smith get ganked in one of the chapters? I seem to recall that but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Granted I'm skipping stuff to see if such a thing happened.

Always weird when I remember specific things about a manga which turns out not to be true.

Assassination Classroom 1-8

I dunno how to feel about this just yet. I like the premise of an alien teacher who is an assassination target for a class of school kids, but so far, it's lacking any real comedic punch which I was hoping for. I'll probably keep going with it for a while and see if it improves.

I thought the series is more focused towards action and witty comedy of sorts, instead of being comedic punches. In any event, I think it really picks up 20chaps end closer to the end of the first portion of their schooling and into the summer.

Aizo

Banned
So rereading otoyomegatari like I'm wont to do whenever a new chapter releases...

Am I imagining things or did mr smith get ganked in one of the chapters? I seem to recall that but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Granted I'm skipping stuff to see if such a thing happened.

Always weird when I remember specific things about a manga which turns out not to be true.

I remember him being put in a holding cell, but I don't remember him being injured.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Why would his eyes disappear

Cause his original body didn't have 'em when he died, his Edo Tensei body did cause Edo Tensei regenerates the whole body.

I'm guessing the face remained there, despite being a post-death addition, because it wasn't actually part of the Edo Tensei. It was an addition by Kabuto after the fact. And whatever Madara did to his body before dying is also compatible with it? Not so sure on all that.

Why would Kakashi and Minato sit there and not try to stop Black Zetsu at any point...

Wut. When Zetsu went to take Obito's eye, Kakashi and Minato both immediately moved to stop him. It's why Zetsu re-merged with Obito's body and said "hey dudes don't kill me I'm keeping him alive lol."

Anyway

Naruto

So when Madara absorbed Sasuke's amaterasu, I was immediately reminded of when Sasuke used it on Tobi, and Tobi managed to extinguish it somehow. So I figured "oh, he musta had a rinnegan under the other side of that mask." Then I thought for another one second and realized that was stupid, he didn't have the rinnegan yet, and Madara's not using the rinnegan here anyway, he's using some kinda weird rinnegan-built-into-the-body shit. So I was left thinking "wait... how DID Tobi extinguish the Amaterasu back then?"

I'm assuming it was Izanagi, yeah? We've seen Tobi with a whole Sharingan storeroom, with like 80 eyes, unless I'm making that up. They showed him re-affixing his mask after extinguishing the flame, right? So he used his non-visible eye to Izanagi-away the flame, then replaced that eye with another one from storage later?

Reknoc

Assassination Classroom 1-8

I dunno how to feel about this just yet. I like the premise of an alien teacher who is an assassination target for a class of school kids, but so far, it's lacking any real comedic punch which I was hoping for. I'll probably keep going with it for a while and see if it improves.

If you haven't already you should check out Matsui's earlier series as well :D

Naruto

Can someone explain to me what happened? Did Madara use Izanagi to get out of the Amaterasu? Where was his Rinnegan?

Bleach

This series is shit. It's the same damn formula every chapter. People fight, someone is seemingly winning, lolno I have a powerup that I'll use at the end of the chapter with a one-liner.
Ugh.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Doesn't really seem like that would work. Especially since Itachi planned the attack, and he was well acquainted with Kamui. Sounded like Tobi used "something else" that Itachi wouldn't have expected. Itachi clearly already knew about Izanagi, though, maybe he just wanted to force him to use up an eye?

kiyomi

I thought the series is more focused towards action and witty comedy of sorts, instead of being comedic punches. In any event, I think it really picks up 20chaps end closer to the end of the first portion of their schooling and into the summer.

Yeah, I guess I was expecting a little more. It's good to hear it gets better, so I'll keep going with it. Thanks!

If you haven't already you should check out Matsui's earlier series as well :D

Will do~

Yamada and the Seven Witches 89
tumblr_mxahjy0pvU1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Its back, the Yamada that I have loved since the start. No more silly drama just pure plain fun. And Miyamura after such an absence having a pivotal moment here. It was just great.

The start of the chapter made it feel like something you'd have as an introduction to starting the final chapter or two chapters or so. Everyone just showing up in the grand celebration. Tamaki finally getting an opportunity to join the club and not be lonely anymore, Yamazaki even there too.

LeleSocho

Banned
Doesn't really seem like that would work. Especially since Itachi planned the attack, and he was well acquainted with Kamui. Sounded like Tobi used "something else" that Itachi wouldn't have expected. Itachi clearly already knew about Izanagi, though, maybe he just wanted to force him to use up an eye?

It was never mentioned that Itachi knew what Kamui was... at least that's what my memories tells me.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It was never mentioned that Itachi knew what Kamui was... at least that's what my memories tells me.

Itachi had been in contact and working with Tobi for a very long time, I just mean he was sure to have known that Tobi had some kind of warping jutsu. He was a perceptive dude. But even beyond that, I don't think Kamui would've actually been able to extinguish or escape the amaterasu once it actually hit him. If he warped away, the flame would come with him. We've seen enough examples of similar things in fights with him. Izanagi seems like the best bet. A mysterious and unexplained technique in the manga then, finally revealed in full once Sasuke went up against Danzo, and used again by Tobi vs Konan. Seems like he carried another eye around for just such occasions.

He was also totally engulfed in that flame and flailing about for a while like UA UAAAA then was magically perfectly fine afterwards, not burnt up or in pain at all. Deffo sounds like Izanagi to me.

Jigolo

One Piece

2 years of training will finally be put on display soon. Can't wait to see Luffy and Zoro going all out.

Ikezu Kareshi no Otoshikata 3
tumblr_mxam7dCPfC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

"Work" was interesting at the start with the sofa scene but then the feelings of wanting a relationship going beyond just a physical experience started making it feel a bit emotional. Teary eyes were rather intense and a good progression but at least it led to true feelings being shared and actual development to enriching the scenes two both going all out. Like the full page body scene the most. Definitely still rising to being one of the best of the manga type.

Raxus

Was kinda hinted in Punk Hazard when the Doflamingo image made Momo go crazy and fly.

Also you guys realize who's probably gonna show up now that Big Mom has entered this arc, Jimbei

Sweet Raptor Jesus this arc is so good. Bonkers in the best way possible. I hope Robin gets a major fight (that isn't over in a panel) and we see more Nami, Chopper, Brook and Sanji soon. Based on the importances of Momo and Caesar I am sure we will be cutting between them and Luffy real soon. I honestly didn't expect Big Mom to show up so soon 0.0

Sweet Raptor Jesus this arc is so good. Bonkers in the best way possible. I hope Robin gets a major fight (that isn't over in a panel) and we see more Nami, Chopper, Brook and Sanji soon. Based on the importances of Momo and Caesar I am sure we will be cutting between them and Luffy real soon. I honestly didn't expect Big Mom to show up so soon 0.0

All the straw hats and kinemon should be able to get a 1 on 1 fight this arc, maybe one for momo and if jimbei shows up him too

Fox318

Yowamushi Pedal

Really enjoying this. Like Baby Steps I wish the translating group was a faster :(.

If Crunchyroll really wants to get into the Manga game they need to get manga like this that wouldn't get massive translator attention.

Raxus

All the straw hats and kinemon should be able to get a 1 on 1 fight this arc, maybe one for momo and if jimbei shows up him too

The crazy thing is with Big Mom showing up to the party we have the Navy Admiral, Don Flamingo, and the so far unaccounted for CP Aegis 0. Shit is just starting to get real son. Jimbei has to show up to at least even the odds a little.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece, finally properly translated.

So why is Momonosuke a target, one of these "cards?" Well, forget that, why does Nami know Momosuke is a target? What happened earlier in the arc that gave her that impression? Doflamingo said "the runt I saw on the ship must be Momosuke then" during the scuffle here, but I don't think that necessarily paints him as a target, nor do I think Nami necessarily even heard him over the den den mushi. So am I forgetting something that happened earlier?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Found it! Chapter 714.
Jora tells the Straw Hats on the Sunny to hand over Momonosuke because Doflamingo's orders were to kidnap him and seize the ship.

That's how Nami knows.

Madara took his chakra! And somehow, that's a problem, despite the fact Edo Tensei guys were said to have unlimited chakra.

I think this was different. Madara sucked Hashirama´s chakra using sage chakra or he sucked Hashirama´s sage chakra. That is different than normal chakra.

So why is Momonosuke a target, one of these "cards?" Well, forget that, why does Nami know Momosuke is a target? What happened earlier in the arc that gave her that impression? Doflamingo said "the runt I saw on the ship must be Momosuke then" during the scuffle here, but I don't think that necessarily paints him as a target, nor do I think Nami necessarily even heard him over the den den mushi. So am I forgetting something that happened earlier?
I guess Momonosuke needs to be studied, because he uses a fake DF.
Naruto

Madara > Aizen

Not in a million years.

Tacitus_

Kingdom 1-15
Well now. Reminds me of Golden Age arc from Berserk. Seems very promising, though I'm not sold on the main character yet, and the king looks like a girl.

upandaway

One Piece is finally out holy crap. That's one full 24 hours after that other silly site. That was hard :(

Chapter was pretty amazing. Big Mom skirmish might be the first of many in what could be the start of a side-plot throughout multiple arcs (running away from her over and over).

That Zoro vs Fujitora though, geez! So good. Considering how hyped up Zoro's power level is, he's delivering on it easily.

Anyway, the stage is set. Hope to see some Franky and Robin one-on-ones with some of Mango's family, there's no way Mango's leaving the factory unprotected.
It's funny how, for the first time in a while, the Strawhats aren't in THAT disadvantageous of a situation. Usually they start out way, way worse, like in Fishman Island when they were knocked out and separated.

Kurita

It's funny how, for the first time in a while, the Strawhats aren't in THAT disadvantageous of a situation. Usually they start out way, way worse, like in Fishman Island when they were knocked out and separated.

One boat vs A FLEET
up-kun
Seriously.

upandaway

When Jora attacked the ship, Momo said that she's after him, or something like that.

One boat vs A FLEET
up-kun
Seriously.
Eh, that's smalltime. Their starting handicap this time is smaller than usual.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
When Jora attacked the ship, Momo said that she's after him, or something like that.

Ah, okay. That's all I needed. Looks like she actually announced it pretty explicitly, once he de-dragoned, that she was after him. It's good that the anime is starting this arc soon, will remind me of all these bits I forgot.

One boat vs A FLEET

It's just one big boat actually. I thought there were two behind it, but they look like they're attached.

[Edit] Stumbled upon this while lookin into Momosuke, right when they landed on Dressrosa:

Xy1AkoL.png

One-panel flashback to someone gaining interest in him I guess? He remembered it when remembering that he flew. Forgot about that.

upandaway

Tori- I mean, Shokugeki no Soma

Haha, that really reminded me of the Puffer Whale arc from Toriko. This chapter was all Tadokoro, man.
China girl will definitely be gay for Tadokoro when this is over. No, she probably already is.

Also this chapter reminded me that those 2 dudes from the dorm exist. I uh, yeah. They.. yeah. Did anyone else remember that? Seriously.

LeleSocho

Banned
Itachi had been in contact and working with Tobi for a very long time, I just mean he was sure to have known that Tobi had some kind of warping jutsu. He was a perceptive dude. But even beyond that, I don't think Kamui would've actually been able to extinguish or escape the amaterasu once it actually hit him. If he warped away, the flame would come with him. We've seen enough examples of similar things in fights with him. Izanagi seems like the best bet. A mysterious and unexplained technique in the manga then, finally revealed in full once Sasuke went up against Danzo, and used again by Tobi vs Konan. Seems like he carried another eye around for just such occasions.

He was also totally engulfed in that flame and flailing about for a while like UA UAAAA then was magically perfectly fine afterwards, not burnt up or in pain at all. Deffo sounds like Izanagi to me.

Again the only thing we know is that Itachi knew that Tobi wasn't a normal ninja and the fact that he thought he was Madara, he never worked with him closely.
You seem to forget that Kamui isn't warping the person who uses it out only but also selective objects like Kakashi used, he could've easily warp out only the flames and let them burn in the other dimension instead of essentially trashing an eye.
Also Itachi has never seen Obito's Mangekyou otherwise he would've flipped out at the sight of Kakashi's since it has the same pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom