• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to go back and read that to see what she said.

That was my first thought as well. Hopefully a better translation comes out tonight or tomorrow.

Hmmm, good theories. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Yeah, that wasn't Doflamingo acknowledging Momo though. We already know Momo knows who Doflamingo is, I was just wondering why all of a sudden this chapter Nami and everyone knows that Doflamingo wants to get his hands on Momo.

I'm just guessing the reason Momo knows Dofla is that they crossed paths on Punk Hazard after he ate the artificial devil fruit, I don't remember the exact time line of events there though.

Also if Ceasar knew Momo ate the fruit he may have informed Ceasar of such information, Monet may have done it too. I don't remember how much time was implied to have past from Momo eating the fruit to Luffy meeting him in the garbage disposal

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm just guessing the reason Momo knows Dofla is that they crossed paths on Punk Hazard after he ate the artificial devil fruit, I don't remember the exact time line of events there though.

Also if Ceasar knew Momo ate the fruit he may have informed Ceasar of such information, Monet may have done it too. I don't remember how much time was implied to have past from Momo eating the fruit to Luffy meeting him in the garbage disposal

Actually, they showed why Momo knows Doflamingo. He had a flashback where he witnessed Dofla brutally beating gladiators that didn't adhere to his guidelines. He was drowning one of them too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Looks like this is the arc where Tadokoro can show she's the real deal. This is gonna be good.

wonzo

Banned
ShokuSoma 50
shokusoma50.png

TADOKORO
lawd.png

smurfx

get some go again
one piece

man nami better hope that big mom really is lola's mom. that way she spares them and lets ceasar go once she finds out what they are planning to do against kaidou. that or maybe the other supernovas will attack big mom at zou and start their plan to take down an emperor.

Shokugeki no Soma 50

Soma strenght is enough to empower all, though I think only Soma v Houjou would be a fight in which a polar star student would win. Tadokoro was defeated the second her name was added to the block.

smurfx

get some go again
So you're saying that not only will Jimbei finally join the crew, but he'll be the one carrying the rest of the crew out of Dressrosa? I'm okay with this.
yeah they really need somebody that can fight most of big mom's most powerful members. only other way is if kidd/basil/apoo were planning an alliance to take down big mom. we already know kidd took down some of her ships so he already has problems with her. if they join up with the strawhats then they will be okay.

Khezu

Naruto

I'm confused, Madaras eyes turned to dust when his body got revived, probably because his real eyes are still with Obito, but after they turned to dust, Sasuke hit him with black fire, and he somehow absorbed it, even though he doesn't have the rinnegan anymore.

EDIT: he is even using Preta patch in the last page, he has his foot on a shinobi and he is absorbing the Kyuubi chakra from him using it to heal his wounds.

Tripon

Naruto

I'm confused, Madaras eyes turned to dust when his body got revived, probably because his real eyes are still with Obito, but after they turned to dust, Sasuke hit him with black fire, and he somehow absorbed it, even though he doesn't have the rinnegan anymore.

Its Naruto. Shit does not have to make sense because lol magic eyes.

Mr. Fix

yeah they really need somebody that can fight most of big mom's most powerful members. only other way is if kidd/basil/apoo were planning an alliance to take down big mom. we already know kidd took down some of her ships so he already has problems with her. if they join up with the strawhats then they will be okay.

tKVYp76.gif

Naruto

Oh god just when you thought the fight with Obito was starting to drag now we have apparently an even stronger foe to battle with -.-

At least Medara seems intimidating like Tobi used to be until whiny Obito took over

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Why would his eyes disappear

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

Well Madara certainly went shirtless quick. Surprised Sasuke managed to land a decent hit. Madara didn't seem fazed but it was still a decent try.

Decent chapter. I'm just glad Obito is out of the picture. Madara is at least interesting and not that whiny ass Obito.

Naruto

Well Madara certainly went shirtless quick. Surprised Sasuke managed to land a decent hit. Madara didn't seem fazed but it was still a decent try.

Decent chapter. I'm just glad Obito is out of the picture. Madara is at least interesting and not that whiny ass Obito.

So far Orochimaru is the only villain to stay cool the entire time he was the lead antagonist

Amikami

Banned
So far Orochimaru is the only villain to stay cool the entire time he was the lead antagonist

Yeah, Orochimaru will always be one of the best villains Naruto has had, although I never liked the way he was taken out. As much as I actually like Uchihas, he's taken out again and again by them and I thought it was a bit embarrassing to his character. Then's he brought back by one. And now he's only interested in seeing what Sasuke does and has demoted himself to panel-less observer status. I hope he has something us his sleeves.

Edit: I see a lot of people complaining about having to endure another big fight with Madara. Is it really a surprise? Did people expect Madara to run?? Then what? I don't know what readers expected. Personally, I've been waiting for Madara so I'm happy. It's at least proving to be a change of pace already.

Tadokoro is probably going to move on. RIP those other Polar Star girls, destined to lose.

Group B has (can't remember names)

Tadokoro
Stalker girl
Erina's secretary
Erina's cousin
Italian rival
Italian rival's brother
Other polar star girl
Chinese? Girl who's victim of sexism

So who do you think will move on and who do you think will lose?

Edit: I see a lot of people complaining about having to endure another big fight with Madara. Is it really a surprise? Did people expect Madara to run?? Then what? I don't know what readers expected. Personally, I've been waiting for Madara so I'm happy. It's at least proving to be a change of pace already.

It's the same problem the pain arc had, everything up to and during it lead us to believe that pain was the final boss/true antagonist, then LOL manipulated by Tobi, then we had all this time of Tobi being the final boss/true antagonist then LOL manipulated by Medara. It's not that the final battle shouldn't be long and epic, it's that the Tobi fight should have been a lot lot shorter if the plan was always to make Medara the final boss. The fight with Tobi also wasn't very good even if it wasn't slow as dirt.

Eusis

Ehh it's right there with both Bleach and One Piece every week so it's not like I'm making any more time for it. I also only really drop series that I hate right away ala samurai flamenco or hot house
It IS a lot quicker to burn through a manga chapter too. I certainly wouldn't want to waste time with the anime.

Cerity

Shougeki no Soma
I'm guessing tadokoro will lose but will get picked up by that curry sister person.

Toriko 1 - 173
Not sure about this yet. At least there are 80 chapters or so before I've caught up.

Bleach

Haha should have expected that but it was enjoyable none the less. I legit had to look up who the fuck the 9th captain was, I figured he was a Vizor but I didn't remember a damn thing he did, after checking the wiki I still don't jeeze

Amikami

Banned
It's the same problem the pain arc had, everything up to and during it lead us to believe that pain was the final boss/true antagonist, then LOL manipulated by Tobi, then we had all this time of Tobi being the final boss/true antagonist then LOL manipulated by Medara. It's not that the final battle shouldn't be long and epic, it's that the Tobi fight should have been a lot lot shorter if the plan was always to make Medara the final boss. The fight with Tobi also wasn't very good even if it wasn't slow as dirt.

I admit that Pein seemed like final boss material for a long time, but during, not really. There was way too much left for Pein to be last boss and I think the manga had already hinted at Tobi being something big. In fact we had already had the major Sasuke and Tobi talk, hadn't we. I'm trying to place all these events in a timeline so I might be wrong and getting the order of events mixed up. So by the time we were watching Naruto deal with Pein, we still had Sasuke and Tobi to deal with.

For a long time we thought Tobi was Madara and I admit that was a bit of a curveball for me to see that he wasn't, but by now I've accepted it. At the point that Tobi absorbed Juubi, there was no reason even then to think that Madara would just disapear. I don't know. I was just always under the impression that Madara had things under control. I didn't know how it would happen but I knew that Madara would get Tobi out of the picture somehow.

I admit, the Tobi battle dragged on though and the biggest issue is that most of it just wasn't good at all. We had to hear the same shit conversation between him and Naruto about a dozen times. Every time, the battle halted.

Bleach

Hmm interesting. So Kensei ends up becoming fodder again for Hisagi to show off his powers. Then again I doubt the captains were taken out in one hit. No quincy release yet so that makes things more exciting.

Naruto
MadaraxHashirama Doujins incoming. They might add some new NarutoxSasuke/SasukexNaruto doujins as well.

DTL how does seme and uke work again? The first is the dominate partner right? Sasuke would be the man in the relationship lol.

In other news, Madara and his little Zetsu parasite are hax and this shit looks to continue on late into 2014. I really hope Madara dies by May or we may have Naruto in 2015! ;_;

One Piece
Welp Law dying is a no go as expected. Luffy not doing anything was very disappointing. I remember the time when Luffy rushed out and stuck at Mihawk for slashing Zoro. Miss that Luffy but then again its understandable given his position.

Really hyped about the crew fighting but unsure about the split up. Lets hope the chapter when everything comes back is even more awesomeness.

One Piece

Woah, BM?! And the way Oda drew it, I really thought Law died. Thankfully, I was wrong. Wonder what Sanji will be firing at BM's GIGANTIC ass ship.

Bleach

This is why im sticking till the end, the action parts are grand!

Naruto

Madara not only turned mortal but also shows badass he is. Damn.

I admit that Pein seemed like final boss material for a long time, but during, not really. There was way too much left for Pein to be last boss and I think the manga had already hinted at Tobi being something big. In fact we had already had the major Sasuke and Tobi talk, hadn't we. I'm trying to place all these events in a timeline so I might be wrong and getting the order of events mixed up. So by the time we were watching Naruto deal with Pein, we still had Sasuke and Tobi to deal with.

For a long time we thought Tobi was Madara and I admit that was a bit of a curveball for me to see that he wasn't, but by now I've accepted it. At the point that Tobi absorbed Juubi, there was no reason even then to think that Madara would just disapear. I don't know. I was just always under the impression that Madara had things under control. I didn't know how it would happen but I knew that Madara would get Tobi out of the picture somehow.

I admit, the Tobi battle dragged on though and the biggest issue is that most of it just wasn't good at all. We had to hear the same shit conversation between him and Naruto about a dozen times. Every time, the battle halted.

In terms of story impact, the tobi/obito fight did

-revealed tobi's identity and back story
-caused Neji's death
-caused Medara's resurrection

Neji's death happened chapter 614, Medara's resurrection happened 656, that's 42 chapters of nothing happening. We did get the sasuke's side chapters of him reviving orochimaru to revive the kages to learn the truth of the lead, but that lasted what 4-5 chapters? And all it lead to was just Sasuke showing up for dozens more boring battle chapters. That's not even counting the 30ish chapters of fighting before Neji's death.

That's why I'm groaning, we could see dozens of chapters with almost nothing significant happening again if this Medara fight last even half as long as the Tobi/Obito fight did. This may actually be worse then the Bleach Arracar war, at least there every 3-4 chapters we got to watch a different set of characters fighting and turn back the pendulum was a pretty good flash back all things considered.

One Piece

That last page was really cool. I don't know what's going on but I'm guessing Luffy, Kinemon, and Zoro are going towards Doflamingo. While Chopper, Nami, Brook, and Sanji are going to Zou (wherever that is).

So another split up :/
While that's awesome that they're all doing something cool, I still hate how many split-ups happen.

I dont get it. Why did Madara sedenly became even more broken?

Because in Dragon Ball Z despite losing 18 and blowing himself up Cell was able to reconstruct himself and become even more powerful

Or

Because in Dragon Ball Z Buu despite losing all the beings he had absorbed as Super Buu became even more dangerous and destructive in the weaker Kid Buu form

Pick whichever you feel works better

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
In terms of story impact, the tobi/obito fight did

-revealed tobi's identity and back story
-caused Neji's death
-caused Medara's resurrection

Neji's death happened chapter 614, Medara's resurrection happened 656, that's 42 chapters of nothing happening. We did get the sasuke's side chapters of him reviving orochimaru to revive the kages to learn the truth of the lead, but that lasted what 4-5 chapters? And all it lead to was just Sasuke showing up for dozens more boring battle chapters. That's not even counting the 30ish chapters of fighting before Neji's death.

That's why I'm groaning, we could see dozens of chapters with almost nothing significant happening again if this Medara fight last even half as long as the Tobi/Obito fight did. This may actually be worse then the Bleach Arracar war, at least there every 3-4 chapters we got to watch a different set of characters fighting and turn back the pendulum was a pretty good flash back all things considered.
Obito's backstory was chapter 599.
Neji's death was like, chapter 614.

And Madara was going to be revived by Obito of his own will until like 2 chapters ago. And he ended up being revived anyways.

The fight was fucking stupid.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Because in Dragon Ball Z despite losing 18 and blowing himself up Cell was able to reconstruct himself and become even more powerful

Or

Because in Dragon Ball Z Buu despite losing all the beings he had absorbed as Super Buu became even more dangerous and destructive in the weaker Kid Buu form

Pick whichever you feel works better

Kid Buu was completely unhinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom