• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

Koe no Kotachi, better than the big 3 confirmed. New girl is gonna be bullied because she's an otaku or something, I'm guessing.

edit - Bleach is pretty top-notch when it comes to cool poses, and I also dig the character designs. But the endless non-endings to fights, he should be writing pro wrestling, not manga. I'd really like to see him be an artist for someone else's script, maybe some fashion shoujo or something.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm dropping you Lele
I dropped you the moment the moment you began talking about E21.

I guess we are ushering in the age of the fall of Toriko.
pU2U3Kk.jpg

I honestly don't get how someone could read this weeks One Piece and not be excited unless they never really enjoyed the manga in the first place. It'd be like saying during the middle of water 7 or middle of alabasta that "Im not interested" because we're still setting up the major final battles.
Before Alabasta OP was a continuing crescendo and the Crocodile arc was its explosion you didn't have a 3 years drought before it... and obviously those were the first times when "all the crew is divided" happened so it was still a new thing.

Bleach

Jesus! I am reading the good translation version and i just noticed that Kensei bone popped out right besides his blood pool. You can actually see the bone.

I honestly don't get how someone could read this weeks One Piece and not be excited unless they never really enjoyed the manga in the first place. It'd be like saying during the middle of water 7 or middle of alabasta that "Im not interested" because we're still setting up the major final battles.

Really? Lol.

What i find funny is people complaining that the crew split into groups .

Kyuur

I know right. The crew has split in every single god damn arc since they entered the Grand Line.

One Piece

Everybody's freaking out about Sabo. I'm much more psyched about Koala, haha.

While I am excited about Sabo, I'm pretty psyched about her too. It is an unexpected surprise to see her return. I always kind of assumed Sabo would return eventually due to the revolutionary army scene in the flashback.

There's nothing wrong with it, in and of itself.

It just happens FAR FAR too often.

Just give me a chapter of all 9 Straw Hats on the Thousand Merry, just having a damn good time, like the good ol' days.

The crew split into groups since almost the beginning of the manga .
The SH are together at start of the arc ( getting to there destination ) or the end most of the time that is how it has always been . .
The good ol' days that some people talk about have not change they just remember what they want to .

I know right. The crew has split in every single god damn arc since they entered the Grand Line.

Even before then look at Arlong arc or arc before they enter the GL.

While I am excited about Sabo, I'm pretty psyched about her too. It is an unexpected surprise to see her return. I always kind of assumed Sabo would return eventually due to the revolutionary army scene in the flashback.

The first arc with more then 1 straw hat was buggy, that arc starts with Luffy and Zoro getting separated. Every arc
of One Piece has the characters get separated this isn't some new development:

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
NARUTO 658.

Awaiting the Madara solos memes.

He literally is a damn tank - and how can he use Susanno without a sharingan?

the manga has finally jumped the shark.

Only the White Fang can save this manga.

Finally? Many will say the Naruto jumped the shark when the old man had eyeballs in his arms lol

LeleSocho

Banned

I don't think too many people are complaining about that and i understand that is a personal thing but a crew is supposed to be a crew and i wanted to see more stuff like when Sanji and Zoro decide to beat together 500 men in less than 5 seconds and stuff like that.

Maybe you guys are right and the love for Alabasta and W7 is only nostalgia since even that was more of the same but now i'm bored of it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing wrong with it, in and of itself.

It just happens FAR FAR too often.

Just give me a chapter of all 9 Straw Hats on the Thousand Merry, just having a damn good time, like the good ol' days.

Those "good ol' days" literally NEVER happened. You get like a chapter of that between arcs. The crew has literally ALWAYS split up during story arcs, even when the crew was only Luffy and Zoro (seriously, go back and look at how Orange Town starts).

The crew splits up for the fight against Kuro in Syrup Village.
The crew splits up at Baratie with half the group going to a completely different island.
The crew further splits up at Arlong Park.
The crew splits up upon arriving at Loguetown.
The crew splits up at Whiskey Peak, with only about half the team learning about Crocodile before they leave.
The crew splits up at Little Garden with half hanging with one giant and half with the other.
The crew splits up at Drum into 3 groups (Luffy-Sanji-Nami, Vivi-Usopp, Zoro-Carue).
The crew splits up several times at Arabasta.
The crew splits up at Jaya, first in Mock Town, then when Luffy bails to beat up Bellamy.
The crew splits up at Skypiea.
The crew is split up by the rules of the Davy Back Fight at Long Ring Long Land.
The crew splits in many, many ways at Water 7 and Enies Lobby.
The crew splits several times at Thriller Bark.
The crew splits up at Sabaody, regroups, and then gets semi-permanently blasted apart.
The crew is all split up into groups still on their return to Sabaody.
The crew split up immediately upon arriving at Fishman Island.
The crew split up at Punk Hazard.
The crew split into several teams at Dressrosa.

Spoiler Alert: the crew is going to split up when they reach Zou/whatever-the-hell-the-next-island-is.

RagnarokX

Unfortunately, he's the captain of his own crew, making him extremely unlikely.

I think the theme of the new world is that the Strawhats have been unknowingly been recruiting a fleet. So far they have Jimbe's group, Chinjao's army, the Heart Pirates, and Bart's pirates pretty much in their corner. It's building up for the Strawhats to have a decent sized force when they go up against the yonkou.

So yeah, I don't see Bart joining Luffy's crew; not because he's a captain and wouldn't lower himself like that (he'd drop rank in a heartbeat to be Luffy's underling) but because he'd be so overwhelmed with emotions that he'd never be able ask. He'll probably just spend the rest of his time in the manga following the Strawhats in his own ship along with the others that have recruited themselves under Luffy's banner.

Akito

So yeah, I don't see Bart joining Luffy's crew; not because he's a captain and wouldn't lower himself like that (he'd drop rank in a heartbeat to be Luffy's underling) but because he'd be so overwhelmed with emotions that he'd never be able ask. He'll probably just spend the rest of his time in the manga following the Strawhats in his own ship along with the others that have recruited themselves under Luffy's banner.
He doesn't need to, Luffy is usually the one who does the asking.

RagnarokX

He doesn't need to, Luffy is usually the one who does the asking.

Right, but Luffy is pretty oblivious to/uninterested in Bart. Neither one is going to ask.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy ends up with a second ship/crew and ends up having a fleet by the end of the story.

He'll have more than 2. He technically unofficially already has more than 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the groups that have started following him change their jolly rogers in a crucial scene where they back up the Strawhats in a major battle. It won't be planned, though. He's not going to create a fleet, they're just going to invite themselves in.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think the theme of the new world is that the Strawhats have been unknowingly been recruiting a fleet. So far they have Jimbe's group, Chinjao's army, the Heart Pirates, and Bart's pirates pretty much in their corner. It's building up for the Strawhats to have a decent sized force when they go up against the yonkou.

I want a major sea battle if that's the case. Something like was alluded to when the rogers pirates fought shiki's fleet.

I wonder if Oda is ballsy enough to troll us that One Piece ACTUALLY is a treasure, like gold, valuables, etc.

"Wait! I though One Piece was a metaphorical journey of the pirates who searh for it!?"

"I never said it was. That was the conclusion you drew. *trollface*"

"D: !!"

I wonder if Oda is ballsy enough to troll us that One Piece ACTUALLY is a treasure, like gold, valuables, etc.

"Wait! I though One Piece was a metaphorical journey of the pirates who searh for it!?"

"I never said it was. That was the conclusion you drew. *trollface*"

"D: !!"

It's clearly something more then both based upon Raleigh's comments in sabody arc

Yado

Bleach

Kubo continues to piss me off with his writing for the Vizards. He created a bunch of interest characters gave them a amazing arc (maybe the best arc) with Turn Back The Pendulum but then proceeds to non stop shit on then after. I get Kubo has a massive boner for his shinigami captains but fuckin hell he none stops makes them job or explain abilities for no reason the get owned.

Yes I like renji but fucking hell could at least let the vizards do something for once

The Vizard are the best addition to the Bleach cast and Kubo squandered that opportunity in favour of reusing the same characters all the time. :/

The Vizard are the best addition to the Bleach cast and Kubo squandered that opportunity in favour of reusing the same characters all the time. :/

Vizored were literally the most boring group of characters Kubo introduced and was the beginning of the "dunno where to take the story so more characters" problem. The vizored should have just been Shinji and maybe one other character who helped Ichigon control his hollow powers

Yado

Vizored were literally the most boring group of characters Kubo introduced and was the beginning of the "dunno where to take the story so more characters" problem. The vizored should have just been Shinji and maybe one other character who helped Ichigon control his hollow powers

Really? Did you read the fullbring arc that featured a horde of unlikeable characters with laughable abilities?

Some of the Vizard are boring wallflower-type characters but the good ones are pretty good and their abilities and back-stories tied into the Bleach universe in a way that made sense.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He'll have more than 2. He technically unofficially already has more than 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the groups that have started following him change their jolly rogers in a crucial scene where they back up the Strawhats in a major battle. It won't be planned, though. He's not going to create a fleet, they're just going to invite themselves in.

Pretty much how I feel. Luffy will end up with a unofficial fleet that he won't even acknowledge but they "follow" him anyways.

Pretty much how I feel. Luffy will end up with a unofficial fleet that he won't even acknowledge but they "follow" him anyways.

I'm okay with this so long as said crews don't do as much dicksucking as the Alliance did to Naruto.

"I'll stand by you Luffy!"

"You're the greatest Luffy!"

Ugggggh.

Really? Did you read the fullbring arc that featured a horde of unlikeable characters with laughable abilities?

Some of the Vizard are boring wallflower-type characters but the good ones are pretty good and their abilities and back-stories tied into the Bleach universe in a way that made sense.

Most itt tried desperately to forget about the Fullbringers.

thanks, I guess

The fullbringers were handled better then the vizored and it made sense to introduce a bunch of them. The plan was always to make them the villains of the arc and each one introduced gave us the chance to have a one on one fight with a fan favorite character when they returned at the end. The vizored should have been antagonist, and them training ichigo should have lead to them being actually allied with Aizen and have them be killed off by ichigo and captain team to defeat in one on one fights. Then when the arracar stuff got underway it would just be ichigo and captains we care about vs arracar.

Without turn back the pendulum there is literally zero reason to care or like any vizored who isn't Shinji. Even with it I still didn't care about most of them despite how well written the flashback was. Kubo never did anything meaningful with the characters outside of training Ichigo so they might as well not have existed at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iunno, she seems pretty obsessed with both Erina and the secretary.

I don't blame the Erina obsession. Best girl.

Yeah, but its Tadokoro. I'm pretty sure Tadokoro is the most popular character both in series and in real life.

Kyuur

I'm okay with this so long as said crews don't do as much dicksucking as the Alliance did to Naruto.

"I'll stand by you Luffy!"

"You're the greatest Luffy!"

Ugggggh.

Well, they will be "This man will be the Pirate King", that's a given. They're going to give him their full support when it comes to it. I don't think they'll worship him as Pirate Jesus like they do with Naruto though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom