• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I guess not telling your captain that one of his brothers is Still alive does not qualify a stupid plot device and dumb as shit reveal! SMH.

I don't think Robin knew about Sabo.... I'm not sure if any of the crew knew about him to be honest. So even if she met him, I don't think she would know to make the connection and tell luffy.

Hopefully with this out of the way the series explores Dragon and wtf happened to Luffy's mom.

Sabo vs. Jesus Burgess for the Mer Mera no mi will happen. We are going to need A LOT more P.O.P figures for this arc than Monosuke, Cavendish, Bartolomeo and Bellmy.....

LTTP I guess.

Naruto
Gee get hit by huge Chakra constructs and come out with barely any scratches. What a tank Madara is and that Susanoo lol. Lets get on with it Kishi. Surprised Sauce wasn't part of the battle.

Bleach
God damn the violence in this chapter. Most hand to hand combat we have seen in Bleach in a long time. The wrestler pwned Kensai lol. Even broke his arm enough that the bone stuck out. As for Rose's bankai, very well done using his talent for music. Killed that little henchmen like a boss Kurama style from YYH. Of course the Masked Quincy was smart enough to blow out his ear drums. Still it was insane how Rose burned him alive and then used water to drown him. SO VIOLENT! Then the Lucha Quincy pretty much blasted a new hole for Rose. Being a Vizard is the only thing keeping him alive.

Renji comes in and blocks the blow like a bad ass. God I can't wait for the results of the training. Is making me really hyped for the fight, especially since the Lucha Quincy is the reason why Renji didn't show his Bankai off last time.

One Piece
I'm probably going to be the only one with a different/unpopular opinion on this chapter. I will say it was good and is setting up for some really good things. But its not OMG SO AMAZING like everyone is making out to be.

The plan being underway with the tournament ongoing is making for some interesting results considering most of the population is watching the fights while the revolution happens under their noses. Bart is hilarious as always and Bellemy might just do a Heel-Face-Turn for Luffy.

Now on to the Sabo part. This dates back to after Marineford where the flashback arc happened. One of the worse arcs in OP imho. Sabo I personally felt added nothing to the plot except as an important friend/brother of Luffy that might or might not be have been dead and that event shaped Ace and Luffy's life goals of becoming Pirate King.

Of course this chapter makes it about 99.9% sure that Sabo is alive and well. So what? Like the guy didn't matter until the flashback arc and another few arcs after the timeskip, all of a sudden he is this amazing character thats going to do awesome things for this arc?

Get the MeraMera fruit and join Luffy? Help the revolution to overthrow Don happen which is pretty much the Revolutionary Army's goal anyways?

Sabo never left much of an impact back in the flashback arc. That was mostly about Ace and Luffy's childhood with a third wheel named Sabo joining in. Born to a shitty noble family that he ran away from was a nice storyline but compared to the crew members and Ace, not really striking a chord within me. Even if he stayed dead nothing would have changed imo.

This was a good setup chapter to start off the next year, maybe thats why people are excited besides being fans of Sabo for some reason.

For me, Sabo being alive just doesn't mean anything. I am curious as to how he and Luffy will interact after all the chaos has settled and the crew holds one of their traditional parties. Of course this is just my opinion so take it as you will. The chapter was good regardless.

Surprised new chapters came out but I guess the next one won't be until beginning or middle of January. Wonder if Fairy Tail and Kenichi will come out this week.

LTTP I guess.

Naruto
Gee get hit by huge Chakra constructs and come out with barely any scratches. What a tank Madara is and that Susanoo lol. Lets get on with it Kishi. Surprised Sauce wasn't part of the battle.

Bleach
God damn the violence in this chapter. Most hand to hand combat we have seen in Bleach in a long time. The wrestler pwned Kensai lol. Even broke his arm enough that the bone stuck out. As for Rose's bankai, very well done using his talent for music. Killed that little henchmen like a boss Kurama style from YYH. Of course the Masked Quincy was smart enough to blow out his ear drums. Still it was insane how Rose burned him alive and then used water to drown him. SO VIOLENT! Then the Lucha Quincy pretty much blasted a new hole for Rose. Being a Vizard is the only thing keeping him alive.

Renji comes in and blocks the blow like a bad ass. God I can't wait for the results of the training. Is making me really hyped for the fight, especially since the Lucha Quincy is the reason why Renji didn't show his Bankai off last time.

One Piece
I'm probably going to be the only one with a different/unpopular opinion on this chapter. I will say it was good and is setting up for some really good things. But its not OMG SO AMAZING like everyone is making out to be.

The plan being underway with the tournament ongoing is making for some interesting results considering most of the population is watching the fights while the revolution happens under their noses. Bart is hilarious as always and Bellemy might just do a Heel-Face-Turn for Luffy.

Now on to the Sabo part. This dates back to after Marineford where the flashback arc happened. One of the worse arcs in OP imho. Sabo I personally felt added nothing to the plot except as an important friend/brother of Luffy that might or might not be have been dead and that event shaped Ace and Luffy's life goals of becoming Pirate King.

Of course this chapter makes it about 99.9% sure that Sabo is alive and well. So what? Like the guy didn't matter until the flashback arc and another few arcs after the timeskip, all of a sudden he is this amazing character thats going to do awesome things for this arc?

Get the MeraMera fruit and join Luffy? Help the revolution to overthrow Don happen which is pretty much the Revolutionary Army's goal anyways?

Sabo never left much of an impact back in the flashback arc. That was mostly about Ace and Luffy's childhood with a third wheel named Sabo joining in. Born to a shitty noble family that he ran away from was a nice storyline but compared to the crew members and Ace, not really striking a chord within me. Even if he stayed dead nothing would have changed imo.

This was a good setup chapter to start off the next year, maybe thats why people are excited besides being fans of Sabo for some reason.

For me, Sabo being alive just doesn't mean anything. I am curious as to how he and Luffy will interact after all the chaos has settled and the crew holds one of their traditional parties. Of course this is just my opinion so take it as you will. The chapter was good regardless.

Surprised new chapters came out but I guess the next one won't be until beginning or middle of January. Wonder if Fairy Tail and Kenichi will come out this week.

There is a new chapter next week, i think. SJ take 2 weeks off for Christmas and new years iirc.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I bet the next revelation is
Sabo is related to donflamingo. I mean they are both two side of the same coin Nobles who wanted to be pirates.

Mortemis

Banned
Its one of those shounen failings why HxH is so much better than most others as the only time we hear and explanation about a characters ability is either after they have won or its a requirement for the ability to work (think Gentru) more manga authors need to adopt the narrator system if they wan the audience to know so badly what is happening.

That's one of the many things I love about HxH. But Bleach doesn't need to even go that far. Just put that shit in a narrative box directly for the audience to understand or show it through the characters' thoughts. We don't need every character being a dumb ass and explaining their ability to the enemy.

Nibel

One Piece 731

iWYWw2b6ujxVX.gif

Since he's put up Ruffy's disguise, I'm expecting the proper reveal to happen later

GODA

rouken

LTTP I guess.

One Piece

It doesn't mean anything to you because we barely know Sabo in the present day unlike Ace who shows up and became a big player in the world because of his connections with Whitebeard. You cared about Ace because luffy cared about him, while Sabo stayed "dead" throughout luffy's growth.

I can say that I'm very excited seeing him because I want to see luffy's reaction to it and as you can see, we got a full page panel of his reaction after seeing Sabo again. I'm also excited about Sabo being the key to introducing us to the revolutionaries. Like what Ace did when he was alive, Sabo could show us what the perspective of their group to what is happening in the world. He may have been just a third wheel to the brotherhood of D brothers but his role now in the story is greater than ever.

Anteater

One Piece

I thought about the revolutionary getting involved in some way about the fire fruit situation at the end of the arc as a tease, but didn't expect sabo to show up.

While I don't think Sabo's character leaves a really big impact due to him being a character introduced really late in the story, I enjoy the arc and bond between the 3 characters and would like to see where they take it.

This arc can potentially be really great given Doflamingo's background, his relationship with Kaido, and sabo's involvement. There's also big mom's crew and Burgess around.

By the end of this arc if things are going right (or wrong), Luffy would've pissed off all 3 of the emperors.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It doesn't mean anything to you because we barely know Sabo in the present day unlike Ace who shows up and became a big player in the world because of his connections with Whitebeard. You cared about Ace because luffy cared about him, while Sabo stayed "dead" throughout luffy's growth.

I can say that I'm very excited seeing him because I want to see luffy's reaction to it and as you can see, we got a full page panel of his reaction after seeing Sabo again. I'm also excited about Sabo being the key to introducing us to the revolutionaries. Like what Ace did when he was alive, Sabo could show us what the perspective of their group to what is happening in the world. He may have been just a third wheel to the brotherhood of D brothers but his role now in the story is greater than ever.

That's a good point. Ace was our doorway to the stronger pirates while the Strawhats were weak, now that's where they are so he isn't needed to do that. Now we need to be able to see the revolutionaries and Sabo allows us to do that. He's basically taking on the Ace roll for the story. Heck, he's even getting the guy's devil fruit!

That's a good point. Ace was our doorway to the stronger pirates while the Strawhats were weak, now that's where they are so he isn't needed to do that. Now we need to be able to see the revolutionaries and Sabo allows us to do that. He's basically taking on the Ace roll for the story. Heck, he's even getting the guy's devil fruit!
It's not like Dragon or Ivankov can fulfill that role or anything.

Averon

NARUTO

how can Madara susanoo without sharingan/eyes

Because reasons.

But seriously, either Kishi will explain it or he will quietly never acknowledge again that it happened.
I'm hoping for the former but expecting the latter. You should, too.

Naruto

This chapter makes no sense,

- Madara gets tossed about like nothing and doesn't show many signs of damage without susanoo
- Putting eyes into your head is easy as ABC, no medical ninjutsu required
- He can use Susanoo without any eyes? What?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
*Scratches head*

It seems I am gonna be that person right now by saying, I don't understand why so many of you are acting like this OP's chapter is so incredibly wow-worthy like it's a messiah or something.

*Scratches head*

Bleach

Nice bankai, but at least Kubo's not dragging this out. Most of these one-on-one fights are lasting 2-3 chapters, tops. Guess the "filler" will be for when the anime comes back.

Naruto
Enough fighting! Fuck. We've had over 50+ chapters of continuous fighting, barely getting anywhere. Madara should've gotten the eye last chapter and stared the Bijuu down with it.

Bleach

I also love how Mask asked Renji that question, forgetting in the span of five seconds that any answer Renji gives he can't hear...due to you know...CRUSHING HIS OWN FUCKING EARDRUMS.

KuGsj.gif

Bleach

I also love how Mask asked Renji that question, forgetting in the span of five seconds that any answer Renji gives he can't hear...due to you know...CRUSHING HIS OWN FUCKING EARDRUMS.

KuGsj.gif

LOL Maybe he can read lips haahaha, Would make for some funny moments if next chapter Renji is talking and half the time Lucha Quincy is asking what is he saying.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Quincies have healing powers you know, as Masaki showed when she healed Isshin.

Quincies have any power that is convenient. Whatever their actual power is *supposed* to be is irrelevant because it manifests as every power.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have to keep them somewhere. :p

Does the viz weekly shonen jump digital version have old issues going back to the first chapter?

upandaway

Eventually, yes. But I just saw that it seems to be rather long. We'll see.
Yeah, my save file logged a whopping 120 hours, though that includes maybe a day of leaving it open and some stale hours here and there. But it is split into three routes (third is the longest) so it's not all a huge story, it's 3 smaller sized stories, and the first and second ones are a lot shorter than the third.

One Piece

Oh
I need to go lye down

zfX6kfN.png

Yeah, my save file logged a whopping 120 hours, though that includes maybe a day of leaving it open and some stale hours here and there. But it is split into three routes (third is the longest) so it's not all a huge story, it's 3 smaller sized stories, and the first and second ones are a lot shorter than the third.

Ah, that's not too bad if it's separated in three parts.

I'll finish Fate/Zero first and look into the stay night VN next year.

IHaveIce

Banned
*Scratches head*

It seems I am gonna be that person right now by saying, I don't understand why so many of you are acting like this OP's chapter is so incredibly wow-worthy like it's a messiah or something.

*Scratches head*

Well you like Naruto so there is that :J

Bleach

And again was a shinigami too dumb to win because he exatly told how his power works... I feel dumber everytime I read a chapter.

Reknoc

Fixed. No way in hell is OP fast to read through. I guess you can skip most of Skypia and cut down the volume size but even then its about 8 novels worth of reading.

Nah, One Piece is dead easy to read.

I have to keep them somewhere. :p

Does the viz weekly shonen jump digital version have old issues going back to the first chapter?

Use the old volumes, after you read them, to build a shelf... where you can keep the newer volumes.

kiyomi

Dangan Tenshi Fan Club

Pretty entertaining oneshot about a magical girl who has to keep her powers a secret - except she already has a fan club of boys in the same class. Murata's art is decent enough and the writing has a few good comedic moments, overall enjoyable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Knowing you, you will probably burn through it in like 2 days or so :p

That's only if I really like a series, and even then I can't do it anymore. :p Maybe 10 volumes a day if I get really into it.

Sora no Shita yane no Naka END

A manga about a NEET girl, and her journey to find employment.

Man, this wasn't necessarily a depressing manga, or even a "wahjah" one. It's even pretty funny at times and cute throughout. But it captures that uneasiness that you have at the twilight of graduating and trying to find a job to start your life as an adult so well that it's making me think about some things, and what I have to do. Kind of like how solanin and honey and clover made me think about how my life will be once I graduate. Great and fun series overall, but... yeah.

Yado

Bleach
Finally get to see how the abilities of some lesser used characters work and they get shelved for Renji. Ugh.

Naruto
So did Zetsu take out the fourth and Kakashi or...

Erigu

Naruto
So did Zetsu take out the fourth and Kakashi or...
That's a white Zetsu and they seem to make it a point it's the right eye, so I imagine that's just the Rinnegan Obito didn't use and presumably left at his hideout.
The White Zetsu had hours to go and recover it, so I'm not sure why it took two episodes for Madara to get his hands on it (apart from the obvious: that's two more episodes), but hey...

Mendrox

Nah, One Piece is dead easy to read.

Use the old volumes, after you read them, to build a shelf... where you can keep the newer volumes.

What. I gave up on reading One Piece (and D Gray Man lol) because these Mangas are way to overloaded with text (good for the anime pacing, yes) or are too confusing because you can't make out which character is which (D Gray Man). I don't know. Naruto/To Love-Ru Darkness have the perfect chapter pacing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom