• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto 659

It keeeeeeeeeeps draaaaaaaaaaaaagiiiiiiiiiing onnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnn

...and ooooon and onnnnnnnn and oooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

This was supposed to be a fun chapter :/

Also congrats to upandaway to what he has or has not accomplished in the this short-mid-long period of time. You totally deserved/not deserved it.

Naruto & Bleach

I quit these last week, still not regretting it hahahah.

One Piece

You know things are good when even transition chapters feel exciting.

So we've got Usopp, Franky, Robin, Luffy & Zoro left as straw hats on the island; correct?

That'd translate to nearly 3 enemies of note per straw hat (if we exclude their allies from the count)

I wonder if we're gonna see straw hats having to take down more than 1 major enemy at once? It'd be a pretty solid testament to their power to actually take on Dofla's top men while outnumbered. (and it'd make sense considering Franky stood his own against Baby 5 & Buffalo (albeit in his super emperor armor)

I also hope we're gonna get some sort of usopp x robin teamup match against someone. I enjoyed the usopp x chopper team up during alabasta, would love to have more fights like that again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

What the fuck are these giant armies doing just standing around letting Madara do everything as a free action?

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto & Bleach

I quit these last week, still not regretting it hahahah.

One Piece

So we've got Usopp, Franky, Robin, Luffy & Zoro left as straw hats on the island; correct?

That'd translate to nearly 3 enemies of note per straw hat (if we exclude their allies from the count)

I wonder if we're gonna see straw hats having to take down more than 1 major enemy at once? It'd be a pretty solid testament to their power to actually take on Dofla's top men while outnumbered. (and it'd make sense considering Franky stood his own against Baby 5 & Buffalo (albeit in his super emperor armor)

I also hope we're gonna get some sort of usopp x robin teamup match against someone. I enjoyed the usopp x chopper team up during alabasta, would love to have more fights like that again.
I wouldn't count out that Law still will fight one.
Also Bellamy could still side with Luffy or wants revenge from Dellinger/derringer.

Barto could also help.

But would be awesome to see Luffy or Zoro just curbstomping 2 or 3 members.
Usopp and Robin should also finally do some fighting work, frankie was already awesome againt Baby 5 and Buffalo on Punk Hazard

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Setting up for a battle! Let's do this!
Going by the Donquixote Family spread, the Straw Hats have at least 11 opponents to fight. This is excluding Violet who has switched sides and Jora who has already been defeated by Brook (though she might recover). Plus, Vergo and Monet are out of commission at the moment.
I get the feeling Sabo and Koala will get fights during this.

It looks like Senor Pink has a swimming on land Devil Fruit power. Interesting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

What the fuck? All Renji did was stand around posing while the other guys attack inexplicably failed. The only thing I can say is that at least its better than explaining your attacks.

Bleach

The power levels are skewed. Two captains that went bankai got jobbed, while Renji in shikai slices mask man in half.

It makes no sense. How powerful is Byakuya going to be? How powerful is Ichigo? One can make an assumption that the Royal Guards are more powerful than Yama now.

Seems to me that Yhwach is not the final villain and instead might be the Soul King.

Bleach

The power levels are skewed. Two captains that went bankai got jobbed, while Renji in shikai slices mask man in half.

It makes no sense. How powerful is Byakuya going to be? How powerful is Ichigo? One can make an assumption that the Royal Guards are more powerful than Yama now.

Seems to me that Yhwach is not the final villain and instead might be the Soul King.

Well, it was said that the 5 of them are as powerful (maybe more) than the whole gotei 13. Besides i would guess because of the high density reshi in the Royal Realm it would make it easier to upgrade.

Bleach

Yama was the most powerful character, he just ran into a foe that was designed to neutralize his power same thing happened in the last war.

Well, it was said that the 5 of them are as powerful (maybe more) than the whole gotei 13. Besides i would guess because of the high density reshi in the Royal Realm it would make it easier to upgrade.

Yea but still though, the upgrade that Renji got is too much and reeks of DBZ hyperbolic time chamber. Now Ichigo is descending down snakeway at speeds that make Yoruichi look slow.

If Renji does finish off mask man in quick fashion, it could lead to a heavy turn of events in this arc.

Kreed

One Piece 732:

Oda has everything set up for allies to participate in this battle and it's the main reason he took the other Straw Hats out of the fight. The "top" commanders are the main people I see each of the Straw Hats getting matching up with (Ussop, Robin, and Franky), with Luffy and Zoro getting Doflamingo and the new Admiral. Everyone else is free game for allies. Besides Kinemon, don't be surprised when Sabo, Koala, and Bartholomew take on opponents as well, among others (the other combatants that had special intros, the toys when they get their human forms, Sabo's possible allies, Kinemon's friend, etc...).

Eusis

Bleach

Admittedly Kensei wrecked him initially and it was implied that perhaps even Hisagi and the two others were able to beat him but James restored him. Meanwhile Rose got undone by him actually paying attention to how a Bankai worked and not giving a damn about seriously harming himself. Not that this explains everything, but I'm guessing Superstar's really just weaksauce with an overpowered healer as support.

daveo42

Banned
One Piece

Pretty good transition chapter with the inclusion of the main baddies that the crew will end up facing outside of what appears to be the biggest two at the castle. We will most likely get one-on-ones leading up with Franky already engaging Senor Pink (perv battle incoming). At least two of those members can be removed (Jora and Violet) along with the possibility of weakened or out of commission characters (Baby 5 and Buffalo).

I think we are going to be in for a wild ride over the next 3-6 months. What's even crazier is that we don't even know what's going on with the other portion of the crew duking it out with Big Mom.

Bleach

Waiting for the next overpowered Vizard to tear apart Renji in a few chapters leading up to Ichigo coming back and saving everyone before turning into something completely ridiculous and destroying Juha Bach before Aizen reappears with an even more crazy power and them duking it out to finish off the series. Or something like that.

I can at least hope things will get better as we progress towards the finish line, but I won't really be surprised if it turns out like above.

Naruto

Stretched out chapter. Say goodbye to all your favorite bijuu (cept maybe the kyuubi). Naruto god-mode incoming soon. See you all next week.

Admittedly Kensei wrecked him initially and it was implied that perhaps even Hisagi and the two others were able to beat him but James restored him. Meanwhile Rose got undone by him actually paying attention to how a Bankai worked and not giving a damn about seriously harming himself. Not that this explains everything, but I'm guessing Superstar's really just weaksauce with an overpowered healer as support.

But Superstar was holding back his powers. He one-shotted Rose with his star power. In this fight against Renji, he uses his killer punch that makes his punches 10x stronger and Renji just caught it with his hand.

Then Renji uses some super form of shunpo while Superstar was punching air, to take out James in a flash. From there, it looks like Renji cuts Superstar in half all while in shikai.

It seems pretty clear to me Kubo used this moment to show off how powerful Renji got due to his training in the Royal Realm.

LeleSocho

Banned
How would you react with Naruto actually getting a sharingan/rinnegan?
"WTF is this fanfic shit?" or "As stupid as hyping"?
Because i think it might happen.

Eusis

But Superstar was holding back his powers. He one-shotted Rose with his star power. In this fight against Renji, he uses his killer punch that makes his punches 10x stronger and Renji just caught it with his hand.

Then Renji uses some super form of shunpo while Superstar was punching air, to take out James in a flash. From there, it looks like Renji cuts Superstar in half all while in shikai.

It seems pretty clear to me Kubo used this moment to show off how powerful Renji got due to his training in the Royal Realm.
Yeah, Renji just shrugging all of that off was what made it the most absurd. Maybe Kensei could've downed him with Shikai and James gone, but I got the impression Kubo wanted to show off their Bankais before throwing them out.

daveo42

Banned

He's going to get Rinnegan to be certain, based on his family history. I assume that by the end of it all he'll become the new Sage of Six Paths and become like King-kage and rule over the entire ninja world or something equally ridiculous.

I mean, he is the child of prophecy.../sigh

mhs004

I really hope this happens. I've given up on Naruto and want it to become a big a train wreck as possible.

Angry Grimace

Naruto
Predicting the 2 with surviving Jinchuriki will just go back and shrink away from the chain.

Or they'll get them both ripped out and Obito will blow up the left Rinnegan to rez them both.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Finally, it looks like the first time in forever that all of the strawhats will be getting their own 1 to 1 fights. I can see the Dressrosa half duking it out with the Executive family, and the Zoa half maybe fighting some of Big Mom's crew. Either way, this is going to be awesome.

Also, any bets on Senior Pink's DF? From the looks of it, I'm going with either something absurd like a Swim-Swim Fruit (Let's him swim/merge with any surface) or Earth Earth fruit (Self-explanatory, Earth based Logia fruit). It's beyond time we got an Earth-based Logia, although I always expected it to belong to an arc antagonist since in theory, it could be one of the strongest fruits. Either way, I think we're in for a good battle with Franky.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
hi mangagaf

i havent been here lately cause ive been busy for the first time ever. i will be graduating and getting my degree on thursday and i also just scored an awesome job that starts in january. im gonna catch up on everythang over the break and will post impressions. even the latest arc of beserk which i never read.

oh and congrats to the main breh upandaway. i didnt even know you were about that life like tacticalfox.

One Piece: How long have they been planning the dwarf invasion? Feels like they were standing in that underground room forever, so I'm not as invested in this bit as I was with the rest of Dressrosa. Still excited for the rest, though.

Naruto: I am so fucking sick of this series.

Like, really. My investment in this has withered so much that I can't even understand half of what happens in the chapters anymore. Just let this war end already.

Bleach
: So, uh...Renji got strong and beat the Luchador guy. Mmkay.

Out of curiosity, what is Ichigo doing now? Bleach chapters tend to fade from my memory pretty quickly.

Angry Grimace

Obito's gonna give someone other than Madara that Rinnegan and it will be lol worthy.

LeleSocho

Banned
Out of curiosity, what is Ichigo doing now? Bleach chapters tend to fade from my memory pretty quickly.
2x091Sx.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Obito's gonna give someone other than Madara that Rinnegan and it will be lol worthy.

Nope, it'll be worse than that. Madara will get the other Rinnegan. Things will look dire, then insert internal talk between Kyuubi and Naruto about his family history. Naruto will then gain the Rinnegan and instantly know how to use it because he's Naruto. Follow that up with him becoming Sage of the Six Paths before the end.

This would truly be lol worthy
and it is highly likely this will happen.

I'd die if the anime got a Hell or Home for Infinite Losers (dat original American dub lol) filler. It'd be perfect.

Naruto 659

Kishi, don't give me the shitty statue.

Just have Madara delivering an old fashion beatdown on everyone before Naruto goes all God mode and I'll be satisfied.

Bleach 562

Boooooring.

I do not need to see Reniji acting cool just for him to get his ass whupped later on.

Again.

One Piece 732

Man, I hope Senor Pink puts up a nice fight against Franky.

Everyone in the bottom half have been disappointing so far.

What the fuck at Naruto. Kishi spent THREE pages showing us that bijuu got smacked. Like...seriously?

At least Bleach is ending its fights quickly, even if they are badly paced one-on-one. Not anywhere near as bad as FKT arc.

Angry Grimace

Nope, it'll be worse than that. Madara will get the other Rinnegan. Things will look dire, then insert internal talk between Kyuubi and Naruto about his family history. Naruto will then gain the Rinnegan and instantly know how to use it because he's Naruto. Follow that up with him becoming Sage of the Six Paths before the end.

This would truly be lol worthy
and it is highly likely this will happen.

I'd die if the anime got a Hell or Home for Infinite Losers (dat original American dub lol) filler. It'd be perfect.

Naw, he'll have Kurama torn from him and come close to death, but then Minato will remove the Dark Kurama from himself and give it back to Naruto to save him, but killing Minato again in the process.

For the record, it is utterly fucking stupid that Madara can simply "turn on" some kind of magnet and pull Kurama and the Hachibi out of them while simultaneously pulling all 7 of the Bijuu. It makes no sense at all given how difficult it was to perform earlier. Kishi is just giving absurd levels of power-bloat to Madara for no rational reason. Consider that he is doing this shit while simultaneously owning Hashirama and Naruto. Its asinine.

Bleach

The real question is how powerful is Kenpachi gonna be now, considering it seems he may be learning bankai.

Angry Grimace

I think we all know when we finally see the Sage of the Six, its going to just be Naruto.

Yonafunu

One Piece

Shit's getting real

Naruto

I like how it's been like 5 weeks since this shit started and we still haven't progressed an inch.

Bleach

Renji without Bankai beats someone who in turn beat two Vizard Captains with Bankai without really trying.
lol okay Kubo.

ffdgh

One Piece

It's fighting time. Go franky!

Naruto

We just went in one giant circle expet now we have an even more powerful nut job with healing factor hax lol.

God damn Bleach is so predictable and dumb. Can't believe I'm not too sick of being treated like a 5 year old to quit yet.

Naruto is a complete mess, I have no idea what is going on anymore.

One Piece is the only one I'm actively enjoying at the moment. Can't wait for the fights to actually start.

daveo42

Banned
Naw, he'll have Kurama torn from him and come close to death, but then Minato will remove the Dark Kurama from himself and give it back to Naruto to save him, but killing Minato again in the process.

For the record, it is utterly fucking stupid that Madara can simply "turn on" some kind of magnet and pull Kurama and the Hachibi out of them while simultaneously pulling all 7 of the Bijuu. It makes no sense at all given how difficult it was to perform earlier. Kishi is just giving absurd levels of power-bloat to Madara for no rational reason. Consider that he is doing this shit while simultaneously owning Hashirama and Naruto. Its asinine.

That Rinnegan man. If it was really that powerful, Nagato could have cleared this all up pretty fast.

The Minato/Dark Kurama is actually a much better if Minato actually "dies" in the end. Maybe a mix where Naruto loses Kurama, gets the dark one and he tells Naruto that he can use Rinnegan. Bam, you got a Bijuu soup going between Naruto and Madara.

Angry Grimace

One Piece

Shit's getting real

Naruto

I like how it's been like 5 weeks since this shit started and we still haven't progressed an inch.

Bleach

Renji without Bankai beats someone who in turn beat two Vizard Captains with Bankai without really trying.
lol okay Kubo.

They got Worfed. In favor of the poster child of getting Worfed.

God damn Bleach is so predictable and dumb. Can't believe I'm not too sick of being treated like a 5 year old to quit yet.

Naruto is a complete mess, I have no idea what is going on anymore.

One Piece is the only one I'm actively enjoying at the moment. Can't wait for the fights to actually start.

If youre really not enjoying either two of those mighty fine manga, then I dont understand why you keep on reading. Can always just read a summary how both finish up or something.

Angry Grimace

Are we in bizarro world?

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

Its just a long-term Worfing plan. Captains Dumb and Dumber get Worfed for Vice-Captain Worf, who then gets Worfed to Haschwald (or whoever). They're just establishing a hierarchy for Ichigo to be on top of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom