• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

At this rate, Kishi could milk the Nile dry the way he is pacing Naruto.

Bleach
Yo Renji you actually won a battle since D-Roy! Lets hope its not a one time thing for your sake. Otherwise you will be worse off than the real wolf of Bleach AKA Chad.

One Piece

Meh chapter. Not impressed at the Don's army. It feels like Alabasta with Crocodile but weaker overall. Luffy could probably solo all 10 members with Gear 2nd. Zoro would be overkill as well.

Hey guys, should I read UQ Holder?

Well unless one loves Touta (hes pretty great) it really isnt anything special and follows the rules of the genre rather closely easily satisfying every condition on the checklist. Even 15 or so chapters in, it has failed to take off anywhere. One would be better spending the time reading other series at this point in time.

Hey guys, should I read UQ Holder?

Well unless one loves Touta (hes pretty great) it really isnt anything special and follows the rules of the genre rather closely easily satisfying every condition on the checklist. Even 15 or so chapters in, it has failed to take off anywhere.

IE when the co lead character was revealed to be a female and not a male like she pretended to be DTL lost all interest

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto

At this rate, Kishi could milk the Nile dry the way he is pacing Naruto.

Bleach
Yo Renji you actually won a battle since D-Roy! Lets hope its not a one time thing for your sake. Otherwise you will be worse off than the real wolf of Bleach AKA Chad.

One Piece

Meh chapter. Not impressed at the Don's army. It feels like Alabasta with Crocodile but weaker overall. Luffy could probably solo all 10 members with Gear 2nd. Zoro would be overkill as well.
We did not see any of the main dofla guys fight a strawhat but okey.

I also expect Lao G to be tough, he looks strong

upandaway

One Piece (finally decent translation!)

WHOO! Finally we get the opponent layout. This can only mean one thing, matchup predictions!!

- I'm gonna go ahead and put Zoro on Diamante, even with Fujitora in the mix. I think Fujitora will be a skirmish at best. And Diamante's so hyped up that I can't think of anyone else to take him on. Only reason for me not to think this is because Zoro usually fights the serious guys, but that's not a rule, and we don't know too much about Diamante's personality.
- Nami and co. aren't gonna get any full fights, maybe small encounters
- Obviously Sugar and Trebol go together. I think it'll be a Robin-Usopp team up for 2 on 2, but it could be a solo for either of them. For now, Robin & Usopp vs Trebol and Sugar
- Franky should be able to take out one more (I'll say either Machvise or Gladius for now)
- Zoro and Luffy are both taking out at least one more each aside from Mango and Diamante, from the pool of Lao-G, Dellinger, Pica, Machvise or Gladius.

And that's all I got. So many opponents go down in non-traditional means (i.e. not in a normal full 1 on 1), and so many fights get switched up mid-way, that it's hopeless trying to figure out more than that. Kinemon will probably be involved at least moderately. Koala and the Riku army are also there, Bartolomeo will probably take out someone weaker without much difficulty like he's been doing all arc (leaving him open for more involvement in future arcs). All of what I said so far will probably turn out wrong. Jinbei's definitely a possibility, I guess... but if Koala is the main reason for that, that's nonsense, because she's guaranteed to show up in future arcs. There's plenty of chance for Jinbei to meet her. If anything he'd turn up at Nami's place. Also yeah most of this will be wrong.

retcon: Oh and I guess there was also a chapter somewhere in there, haha. Whoops!

how do you guys pronounce jesus burgess

/ˈdʒiːzəs/ or /heɪˈsus/?

burg-ass?
How the anime pronounces it, just with the R

hi mangagaf

i havent been here lately cause ive been busy for the first time ever. i will be graduating and getting my degree on thursday and i also just scored an awesome job that starts in january. im gonna catch up on everythang over the break and will post impressions. even the latest arc of beserk which i never read.

oh and congrats to the main breh upandaway. i didnt even know you were about that life like tacticalfox.
Congratulations to you too man. There's nothing to catch up for in Berserk, just letting you know.

Naruto
Series is fast becoming a mess again. I'm not sure where this si going anymore, I just want this damn war over with already.

UQ Holder

I see some stuff I like, some I don't. Really think Akamatsu is having issues trying to find his footing here. Right now, it's a very by the book sort of affair, like early Negima. I'm interested to see how and when he manages to break out into something fresh.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Naruto

Please put this manga out of its misery. It's gone beyond stupid now.

Bleach

......riiiiiiiiight.

One Piece

LOL Senor Pink had me weak. I was expecting him to go "Bueno".

upandaway

Nisekoi 93

I take it back, Haru looks cuter on the surface but she's got a long ways to go before Onodera.

Eyebrows are always the scariest girls. Dunno why, they always are.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

So one chapter later, we get the answer for why Madara is shrugging off every attack, using rinnegan-seeming abilities, and even why he can just pop his eye in. As I had jokingly suggested, it is indeed Hashirama's sage face. Tsunade was using a weaker version of this ability when she fought Madara with the other four kage. It was referenced that she was never able to live up to her grandfather's healing technique. Which appears to be sage-chakra based. So with Madara using it, he can take those Bijuu hits, negate Amaterasu, and heal his eye into his socket. Overpowered, sure, but I'll allow that explanation.

Now as for how he used Susanoo without the eye, uh... yep.

Susanoo never really made sense as an "eye technique" anyway, it's just a big chakra armor, maybe unlocking the mangekyou sharingan just grants you it as a body technique. Or maybe you can internalize it as one over time if you're as hax as Madara is.

There's probably some strained explanation there, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see that scene edited in the tankoban, Kishi has made mistakes in the past. (See: Obito flashback with Minato's face in the mountain.)

Berserk 59-63

I don't usually comment much on this manga while reading it, but I have to say this. This manga really goes in-depth with the fun time scenes, if you catch my drift. I forgot which chapter, but the whole chapter was just the fun time scene with
Gatts and the women soldier

We did not see any of the main dofla guys fight a strawhat but okey.

I also expect Lao G to be tough, he looks strong

Honestly I'd be disappointed if any of the Straw Hats struggle hard vs their enemies this arc with the exception of fights with Don and the Admiral.

Fisherman Island and Ceasar didn't do enough to show the crew's power after 3 years. In fact, what I've seen so far hasn't left the best impression on me.

Sure Luffy's Kings Haki is awesome to knock out fodder but his Gears haven't really evolved the way I expected it to.

Also Zoro still hasn't shown his Sword Skills.

Honestly I'd be disappointed if any of the Straw Hats struggle hard vs their enemies this arc with the exception of fights with Don and the Admiral.

Fisherman Island and Ceasar didn't do enough to show the crew's power after 3 years. In fact, what I've seen so far hasn't left the best impression on me.

Sure Luffy's Kings Haki is awesome to knock out fodder but his Gears haven't really evolved the way I expected it to.

Also Zoro still hasn't shown his Sword Skills.

It's 2 years and i expect the fights to be at least some what hard the last 2 arcs they walk over there enemies .

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";93929449]Out of the big three, Bleach is the only one that gives me the impression that the author is having fun making comics.[/QUOTE]

Really have no idea how you can think that , then again coming from you it's not really that much of a surprise lol .

Korosenai

Upandaway, i hope youre right about Usopp and Robin vs Trebol and Sugar. Usopp fights Trebol, defeats him, and shows his worth as a top tier fighter taking out one of Doflamingos top executives.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

I hate Strawhat fight predictions because they never come true. The author always subverts it in someway, if he even follows through on the supposed match-ups at all.

What I can say is that Jora, Baby 5 and Buffalo won't get full on fights with the Strawhats since we've already seen their powers. Allies will probably take care of them. Also people are assuming way too much in thinking that Sanji & Friends won't return this arc. The author hasn't shown what happened to them which always mean we're getting a "plot twist" sudden reveal from them. Now whether they appear with Law's Crew, ally with Big Mom or even fail to stop Big Mom from going to the island, remains to be seen. But they will be back.

We're about due for the reveal of the missing Samurai (remember him?).

Upandaway, i hope youre right about Usopp and Robin vs Trebol and Sugar. Usopp fights Trebol, defeats him, and shows his worth as a top tier fighter taking out one of Doflamingos top executives.

I'm going with Usopp being the one that takes down Sugar with a sleep bomb.

Aizo

Banned
hi mangagaf

i havent been here lately cause ive been busy for the first time ever. i will be graduating and getting my degree on thursday and i also just scored an awesome job that starts in january. im gonna catch up on everythang over the break and will post impressions. even the latest arc of beserk which i never read.

oh and congrats to the main breh upandaway. i didnt even know you were about that life like tacticalfox.
Congrats, man! I hope your new job treats you well!

upandaway

Nisekoi 103

Man, Paula's ok. She sure is ok. Dunno why but I like her.

The art in this is seriously something amazing, by the way, just saying. It looks really really good and it's only getting better. The new style of the color pages with the red outline looks crazy, too.

Also, going through this again made me more confident than before: Nisekoi's fine. I'm enjoying it. The fact the plot isn't moving is a good thing. Dunno, that's me on this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";93929449]Out of the big three, Bleach is the only one that gives me the impression that the author is having fun making comics.[/QUOTE]

Kishi's too busy having fun making culture poison. I used to think you were full of shit on that one, but now everyone thinks incest fantasy works are legit.

upandaway

Hayate 408

ctI1o8N.png

It's like he knows exactly what to do to get my attention at the start of a chapter. I forgot how much I like Hayate, haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

upandaway

Hayate 116

Ruka is doing everything she possibly can, from a manga perspective, to make sure this will end horribly for her. Surely she realizes this.

retcon: phew. saved at the last second

Tamanon

Banned
So, do we know what the Shokugeki no Soma news is yet? I know we shouldn't expect a translation for a few days of the whole manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom