• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit I just remembered when Byakuya "died" in Bleach and the huge backlash Kubo got from the fangirls and fans. Kishi must be taking a break to deal with the fallout.

Firebombing and death threats incoming for Kishi lol. He must be so glad he doesn't have a twitter.

In Japanese, it says "stops" "and "burns out", actually. So we're still at "ZOMG they're dying for realz!"

Stops, stopped.

They're still dead.

"the heartbeat stops" is pretty cut and dr. It isn't stopping. The last text alwas talks in the past tense.

That last piece of text don't mean anything since it's done by the editors of jump .

I'm not talking about that part, Im talking the last piece of narritive.

Holy shit I just remembered when Byakuya "died" in Bleach and the huge backlash Kubo got from the fangirls and fans. Kishi must be taking a break to deal with the fallout.

Firebombing and death threats incoming for Kishi lol. He must be so glad he doesn't have a twitter.

I don't think Kishi has to worry about that everyone knows they not going to die .
The question is just how he going to bring them back .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't really understand what the reason is for Madara being so powerful he can literally fight the entire world plus resurrected infinite chakra zombies of the best ninja of all time at the same time with one eye and no real insight as to what kind of plans were made prior to his resurrection.

Also, Minato gonna give Naruto some more Kurama, obviously. Although, shouldn't Killer Bee be dead now too?

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto
Oh my god guys Naruto and Sasuke are dead, this means the manga is finished right? oh man what will they do now that both are dead?
good manga, gg kthxbai.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orochimaru is going to resurrect them as Edo Tensei. :lol

Stops, stopped.

They're still dead.

"the heartbeat stops" is pretty cut and dr. It isn't stopping. The last text alwas talks in the past tense.

I'm not talking about that part, Im talking the last piece of narritive.

The part you talking about is done by the editors .
The last words for the chapter are at this rate they will die meaning they not dead yet .

ffdgh

Did Hinata....actually trip over nothing running to Naruto? Wat lol.

Also I wonder what Sakura would have done if she knew sasuke was almost firing too :p

I don't think Kishi has to worry about that everyone knows they not going to die .
The question is just how he going to bring them back .

Either Kubo did such a good job convincing people Byakuya would die or his fans just love to pile on the hate when something bad happens to their favorite character.

Mark my words man, there is a manhunt from fangirls and fans of Naruto + Sasuke or Sasuke + Naruto on Kishi. Already saw some tweets that are hilarious.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That Hinata's "thump" is so comical.

Oooooooooo boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the shippers are gonna have a war over this.

Either Kubo did such a good job convincing people Byakuya would die or his fans just love to pile on the hate when something bad happens to their favorite character.

Mark my words man, there is a manhunt from fangirls and fans of Naruto + Sasuke or Sasuke + Naruto on Kishi. Already saw some tweets that are hilarious.

Share it with us man, don't keep it to yourself!

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

Awww man. Though I think we all know that at least one, likely both, of them will get back up more haxxed than ever, I fucking applaud Madara. And people had lost faith in him. I always knew he would live up to the hype. Fucking boss taking out the main characters like that.

Hinata is so fail lol. Did she trip.

Edit: And just for the lols, shipping wars will be hilarious this week. NaruHina literally left in the dust. Meanwhile we get major NaruSaku and...SasuKarin? Not into the pairing but I think the NaruHina fanbase got pretty trolled. Damn.

Come on now Byakuya is in no way close to Naruto and Sasuke of importance to each of there manga which is why he could have die ( still i remember saying he would live ) .
Naruto + Sasuke are the main characters the story , it revolves around them for Bleach Byakuya don't really matter as much .

Its still narrative from the author.

No it's not , that sort of stuff never shows up in the vols it is done by the editors to hype up the next chapter .

Naruto

Awww man. Though I think we all know that at least one, likely both, of them will get back up more haxxed than ever, I fucking applaud Madara. And people had lost faith in him. I always knew he would live up to the hype. Fucking boss taking out the main characters like that.

Hinata is so fail lol. Did she trip.

Edit: And just for the lols, shipping wars will be hilarious this week. NaruHina literally left in the dust. Meanwhile we get major NaruSaku and...SasuKarin? Not into the pairing but I think the NaruHina fanbase got pretty trolled. Damn.

They had there moment of glory with the (short lived) hand-hold.

It's pretty much full-steam ahead now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They had there moment of glory with the (short lived) hand-hold.

It's pretty much full-steam ahead now.

Pretty much. I just don't think the NaruHina fanbase will ever let the Pain arc confession go, although I think Kishi has moved on from it.

It's pretty symbolic, this chapter I mean. Hinata reaching out to Naruto only to be tripped while Naruto gets taken away with Sakura.

NaruHina's supporters ain't gonna like it one bit I imagine.

Screw it, just check out the different tweets lol.

The meltdowns!

Hahaha.

Always entertaining to read stuff like these.

Dresden

The meltdowns!

GKzxsIU.png

Come on now Byakuya is in no way close to Naruto and Sasuke of importance to each of there manga which is why he could have die ( still i remember saying he would live ) .
Naruto + Sasuke are the main characters the story , it revolves around them for Bleach Byakuya don't really matter as much .

No it's not , that sort of stuff never shows up in the vols it is done by the editors to hype up the next chapter .

And its based on input from the author.

Amikami

Banned

The meltdowns!

Lol. Lily wants her SasuSaku. Ain't gonna happen. I agree though, this chapter hit me in the feels. I like both Naruto and Sasuke and its weird seeing them near death. But this is the type of emotion I wanted from a villain and Kishi is delivering, finally, for now. The characters actually are in danger for once. Madara is delivering. Second great chapter in a row. Too bad there's another break already.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pretty much. I just don't think the NaruHina fanbase will ever let the Pain arc confession go, although I think Kishi has moved on from it.

The thing is, Naruto x Sakura has always been a one-way relationship in terms of "romance" (Or what Kishimoto thinks passes as romance). Even more than Sakura x Sasuke. And it has never even come off like Naruto actually loves Sakura - more like he has a crush on her.

Whereas his connection with Hinata seems a bit more.. intimate/deeper, I guess? Just look at some of the lines spoken ("I really admire people like you"), and how personally he takes it whenever Hinata gets hurt.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's not true. Look at all these people expressing their interest in Naruto.

I meant in a not mocking kind of way.

The thing is, Naruto x Sakura has always been a one-way relationship in terms of "romance" (Or what Kishimoto thinks passes as romance). Even more than Sakura x Sasuke. And it has never even come off like Naruto actually loves Sakura - more like he has a crush on her.

Whereas his connection with Hinata seems a bit more.. intimate/deeper, I guess? Just look at some of the lines spoken ("I really admire people like you"), and how personally he takes it whenever Hinata gets hurt.

The fact that Naruto *loves* Sakura is undeniable, I don't know why you said the bolded above. We even have Kishi pounded it to our heads on some occasion.

The wildcard here is Sakura. Although I don't know why she would "choose" Sasuke after he's trying to stab her in the heart, but eh, shounen logic.

Amikami

Banned
I CAME IN LIKE A WREEEEEEEECKINN---

0dc973bc166ada45dab6d15f18b199f4.png

KuGsj.gif

I almost hate to laugh but this shit is funny and then the random "Nii-San, protect Naruto." Wut. Lol.

I couldn't agree more actually. Believe you me. If I had to pick someone to be alone by the end of this manga, it wouldn't be Hinata. I'm not a big fan of Sakura but overwhelming, it feels like Kishi wants to go NaruSaku. But who knows, he likes to throw curves with his "romance"

We all know that it will be NaruSasu/SasuNaru in Kishi's heart anyway.

How can anyone not like Madara after this? The man knows how to bring the goods.

Also Hiruzen just used all 5 elements, thought that wasn't possible without the Rinnegan but ok............

Naruto
Would Yondy giving Naruto the Kyuubi even save him at this point? I dont get how Sasuke will be saved either, since whatever Hashirama gave him isn't doing shit right now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto
Would Yondy giving Naruto the Kyuubi even save him at this point? I dont get how Sasuke will be saved either, since whatever Hashirama gave him isn't doing shit right now.
Putting the kyuubi in him wouldn't save him, kushina said it wouldn't help her, so it shouldn't help Naruto.

Ofc both will be brought back.

I'm sorry, but :lol I'm not even a shipper and I know that NaruHina is complete bullshit.

You must have been watching too much of the anime and not the actual manga.

NaruHina wasn't even a paring to take seriously (it was just bullshit fantasy/wish-fullfillment) until chapter 615.

Amikami

Banned
How can anyone not like Madara after this? The man knows how to bring the goods.

Also Hiruzen just used all 5 elements, thought that wasn't possible without the Rinnegan but ok............

I remember when they used to call 'im Faildara. I always had faith in the 'im. He has surpassed Obito several times over, and better yet, no whiny bullshit.

Yeah, the element thing has been retconned a lot since Shippuden. It was 2 at most. Then Kakuzu broke the rules. And then the Rinnigan, and now just screw it. If you're cool enough you can do anything you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom