• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be wrong, but this feels like the first time where Erina's "you know nothing, Jon Snowma" moment is actually legit.

Souma's biggest challenge right now is that he doesn't have the resources to achieve the mass-production of any dishes at scale. No people & presumably not enough money for thousand-plus portions worth of servings.

To solve this, this will require him to team up with other students. I am looking forward to the team dynamics that will come.

Edit: Or the above. But then it woudnt count as Soma total victory. It would be have to be people who would accept to be Soma underling (accepts that Soma is better than them).

To solve this, this will require him to team up with other students. I am looking forward to the team dynamics that will come.

Edit: Or the above. But then it woudnt count as Soma total victory. It would be have to be people who would accept to be Soma underling (accepts that Soma is better than them).

I don't think it has to be Soma's total victory though. I imagine if he teams up with guys like Hayama and Kurokiba, it'll be under the condition that if they win they ALL get a chance to have a shokugeki with Kuga

Not only does teaming up with the other 'best 7' students in the first-year kinda undermines his (obvious plot) win over Kuga, it doesn't make sense for half of them to accept being part of Souma's clique when they could do their own.Alice/Ryou could afford to have their own set-up,

Plus like all underdog scenarios, part of the storytelling gimmick in situations like this will definitely be how Souma does the unexpected and prove that he was able to come up with a unique way to achieve the necessary results. Achieving it by a team of all-star against a single Elite 10 doesn't lend any underdog achievement.

My personal guess is that he'll cook something that can be done by him alone/small group of people, but can easily be served to thousands of people.

Shokugeki no Soma 120

120 chapters have passed and Erina still has that scheming idea of never telling Souma what actually is wrong with his idea in hopes of having him fail

lets have Souma be absent for like 2 months and then she can realize how obsessed she is with him

I am guessing he will round up some people from the tournament and some people from Polar to be in his team

Aeigs Orta 3
CGQx4FIWoAAkq9v.jpg:large

Thanks god for such stunning character design in this.

Doesnt feel original but still entertaining to read Val and his friends.

random25

Prison School 178

Kiyoshi getting the goods in this whole thing except the piss lmao.

Shokugeki no Soma 120

Yukihira boy getting sent back to earth.

Revo

All of them.

Rough and Katsu follow the same formula but are kinda refreshing since they deal with other sports than baseball for once. Hiatari Ryoko and Miyuki are more comedy-centric and both have dat 80s feel. Adventure Boy, Jinbe and Short Program are short but sweet. Nijiiro Togarashi stands out because of the setting alone. Slow Step, Itsumo Misora and Q&A are not bad but nothing essential. Anything else is recommended only for Adachi nerds.

Will do, thanks a lot Akito+everyone.

balgajo

Prison School 178

Is the second page actually the last?
In raw I saw it being the last but in translation it's the second. Even though cronologically appears to be the last.
Also 5cm/s references were awesome....XD

balgajo

Black Clover 15

I wonder when Asta will get new powers. Even tough I like the character he is becoming boring compared to everybody else powers. Maybe there's something to do with dungeon's treasure.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch120

Chinese food, eh? From the looks of it, I don't expect Soma to lose, but it'll be interesting to see him overcome the manpower and resources difference.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 120

Feel like Soma should already expect to serve a lot of people based on previous experiences :/
Instead we get it explained to him a billion times.

Boku no Hero Academia 44

lol for fucksake man he is still holding that medal in class with his mouth after the tournament

the dude is going to stay angry for awhile lol

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 120
Soma will need lots of MC magic to beat this guy but i hope he actually manages to... i hate this yugioh guy.
Thing is, if he manages to beat him that would mean he's already better than Erina, i don't know how this could happen just yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

Yet another "muahahahah Soma doesn't understand how hardcore the school" is arc. Glad they got the Qipao girl to get a new arc (she's obviously gonna show up some more given Yugioh's specialty)

Shokugeki no Soma 120
Soma will need lots of MC magic to beat this guy but i hope he actually manages to... i hate this yugioh guy.
Thing is, if he manages to beat him that would mean he's already better than Erina, i don't know how this could happen just yet.

That's not a problem, I think. There are simply too many of them to beat so she can just take down one of the other people.

Shokugeki
That's not a problem, I think. There are simply too many of them to beat so she can just take down one of the other people.

she'd have to do it first though... seeing as the author always sets Erina as the step ahead in cooking compared to Soma character.... while Soma is the faster grower

I don't think the author would allow the Soma/Erina rivalry to end so quickly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would the rivalry die? She'd just challenge him right back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
she'd have to do it first though... seeing as the author always sets Erina as the step ahead in cooking compared to Soma character.... while Soma is the faster grower

I don't think the author would allow the Soma/Erina rivalry to end so quickly

You don't have to go straight through. There are 7 other guys she can just beat to move up. In fact, I would imagine that the 7th Seat challenging the 5th seat would result in them switching places vs. being kicked off entirely. Then again, its Shokugeki, so you probably get expelled if you are removed from the E10.

Shokugeki no Soma 120

120 chapters have passed and Erina still has that scheming idea of never telling Souma what actually is wrong with his idea in hopes of having him fail

lets have Souma be absent for like 2 months and then she can realize how obsessed she is with him

I am guessing he will round up some people from the tournament and some people from Polar to be in his team

I don't know that that was quite what I got out of that. Pretty much all of the E10 members are like that. She actually seems like she calmed down a bit.

As for his team, this is Qipao's chance to shine!

Why would the rivalry die? She'd just challenge him right back.

that would seem less climatic imho
he said he would make her accept his cooking but if he passes her by other means and she becomes the one challenge him it feels overly anti climatic

what I got from the plot is that Soma is growing in order to catch up to his dad..... Erina who also admires Soma's pop is above Soma in cooking level
in order to reach his pops he has to make Erina accept and respect his cooking the number 1 Soma's dad fangirl
You don't have to go straight through. There are 7 other guys she can just beat to move up. In fact, I would imagine that the 7th Seat challenging the 5th seat would result in them switching places vs. being kicked off entirely. Then again, its Shokugeki, so you probably get expelled if you are removed from the E10.
She'd have to do it first so she would still be a step above him

in relevance the only thing Erina has to make her important in this series is that she is ahead of Soma in skill

I don't know that that was quite what I got out of that. Pretty much all of the E10 members are like that. She actually seems like she calmed down a bit.

As for his team, this is Qipao's chance to shine!

true

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki

That would need to happen at the same time as Soma vs Yugi though because by cliche narrative Soma being above her even for one moment at this point of time is a no-no and at least for now there aren't the basis of Erina challenging someone else of the E10.

But i might be colossally wrong.

Soma 120

Soma will probably try and convince the some of the other first years (besides Erina) to help him with this. Maybe Dark Soma and Spice Guy won't, I actually hope most of them refuse except for Stalker-kun and someone else :lol

OreMono 13

CGR8WLPUgAEUWgQ.png:large

oh boy here we go

Shinomiya-kun no Sekai ga Owatte mo 02-03

Surprised it ended so quickly.

But I liked it. Definitely cute, I liked how it used the end of the world idea, highly enjoyable.

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 40

All caught up now. This is an interesting series, I like the personality struggles each of the characters are going through.

What should I read next, is Natsu no Zenjitsu any good? Didn't it recently finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom