• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Bamboo Blade C 1
After the medicore Bamboo Blade B, I was not exactly thrilled at the announcement of this but the first chapter was alright I think and the art is certainly a serious improvement over BBB albeit not quite as charming as the original.

bigkrev

World Trigger 19

b3a3a09320ccb246c4dfbe4405ac6750_zpsb137baa4.jpg

Too much o3o face!

We finally have moved past the "beat the bully up" phase and are getting real backstory. Interested to find out more about Jin's past with Yuma's father, and the real reason for Yuma coming over the border.

I'm curious to see its ranking- it's getting close to half a year old, and I really hope it sticks around for a while.

I'm being Targeted by my Two Sons (oneshot)
tumblr_moxbz6sOYB1qbxqfpo1_250.png

That was a fun and sweet one shot there.
Predictable that he is not the biological father, of course
. I liked the family and bond moment there and what not considering their terrible and tragic past they went through as kids.

One-Punch Man 21(20pt 2?)

Kind of felt like some random filler type thing. I dont really see what it added to the story at hand, regardless, I guess I did laugh a bit from it, Genos seaweed comment and what not.I want more Sonic, Saitama, Genos fighting to happen at some point, not dull A-ranks.

CMLg4pw.jpg

Blessed Miia.

Monster Musume 3

Harpy girl enters the scene.

Papi is fine, though I'm not exactly thrilled she's a bird-brain.

MC put up with a lot of abuse in this chapter. Guy is made of tougher skin than I thought.

Nisekoi 79

The Raku scene was nice and changing it to Paula was far better than more of the annoying imouto.

Cross Mange 38

The manga got good much too late. I didnt think Id be all teary eyed from this manga. This chapter and all those feelings from everyone, even Wakamoto and Seki, but especially Sakurai. The plot point reminded me much of Ginga e and Kota in one of their early games.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 79

Fucking Onadera has to ruin the moment with the Best Girl. At least the chapter didn't make me actively want to die?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's amazing(ly stupid) just, like, the 100% of problems inhabiting mangas like Nisekoi can be actually resolved if the characters involved just sit down and, you know, talk.

But I guess such obliviousness to such a... logical and adult way of thinking is tantamount to any romantic manga, especially Shounen stuff.

Dragonball 214
tumblr_moxjqvwWcs1qbxqfpo1_r1_400.png

Remember when Chaozu was relevant to the plot?

Yugioh Zexal 31
tumblr_moxir3Wy1s1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Believe in the power of believing in others, and believe in Yuma and friends...I could easily stand behind Yuma and all that he stands for and believes in. Easily becoming as good as Jaden Yuki as best protagonists in the franchise. This chapter was quite good for the duel. I wish it wasnt monthly, waiting for the end of july for the next chapter is painful.

Dragonball 214
tumblr_moxjqvwWcs1qbxqfpo1_r1_400.png

Remember when Chaozu was relevant to the plot?

Man thinking about it, Chaozu was as useless as Yamcha but at least Yamcha is remembered for being blown up by a Saibaman.

Chaozu ended up blowing himself out of the DBZ manga against Nappa and no cared about him afterwards lol as Toriyama literally pulled a Yamcha situation for Chaozu less then 1-5 chapters later. Guldo vs Choazu is still a funny matchup to this day though.

Eyeshield 21 31-34

Hell tower was pretty exciting, guessing the bald guy will be the kicker because in the world of ES21 Kicking is almost as important as being the QB and they currently have no one else who seems like they'd be good at it.

El Sloth

Banned
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Russian Muscles.

Water Polo Smut: 13-14

It really is becoming a semi-serious sports manga. Which is fine by me because water polo doesn't get much love.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Notes From the Garden of Lilies
This isn't suggestive at all. Really. I mean, why is a girl chewing on a flower?

You know, despite being standard yuri story #5b, I've been following this book for the last 6 months or so, waiting to see the only ending that a book of this sort can have. But hey, the drama was light without being too angsty, there were no pander-yuri sex scenes, and the combination of sadistic oujo and tsundere yankee girl was neat in terms of the chemistry between the two leads.

For a safe and vanilla yuri story, this is still probably one of the better ones that I've read in the past year. The fact that the art is pleasant definitely helps as well.

Shaman King 13-15

Manta did something... :O

The fight was really enjoyable, glad to see Yoh finally starting to act like a respectable Shonen protagonist in a battle. Looking forward to see what Anna will do next time

JJBA Phantom Blood 13-15

The first battle between Dio and Jojo is awesome, it's funny how the artist uses his... unique art style to create some really awesome angles when Dio is walking up the wall chasing JoJo. Speedwagon continues to narrate what's going on before, during, and after the fact just in case I fall asleep randomly while reading...

survivor

Banned
Daisy Luck
http://i.imgur.com/SL6N5yFl.jpg[IMG]
It's an anthology series about four women in their 30s and their differing lives. It's not the most revolutionary thing in the world, but it's a competent and nice little romcom. Although, because it's a romcom, the one married character in the group is basically turned into a background character in the second volume. Figures. lol

The world view of a josei book is so totally different from the simple times of a typical high school girl in a shoujo. It's funny, because there's still all that "dokidoki I like him" stuff, but the women don't really fuck around with love letters and Valentine's chocolates and all the junk that is associated with romance when the girls are teenagers.[/QUOTE]

This is relevant to my interests.

Yotsuba 13-15

When chapter 13 had some random fan service I didn't realize this was going to turn into a little arc with Yotsuba and Asagi interested to see where this goes. Chapter 15 of course has the infamous Yotsuba 4 leaf clover shot that I've seen everywhere nice to finally have context for it.

Qvoth

World Trigger 19

b3a3a09320ccb246c4dfbe4405ac6750_zpsb137baa4.jpg

Too much o3o face!

We finally have moved past the "beat the bully up" phase and are getting real backstory. Interested to find out more about Jin's past with Yuma's father, and the real reason for Yuma coming over the border.

I'm curious to see its ranking- it's getting close to half a year old, and I really hope it sticks around for a while.
where do you get world trigger so fast? raws? latest chinese scans i know are still 18

akame ga kiru 38
rip in pieces justice-chan

Rave Master 13-15

Wow this got intense really fast, this series has already blown all of Fairy Tail out of the water

Also I like how the character Lance can make illusions real, if he could fusion dance with Aizen from Bleach it'd be GG for everyone.

Kusagari

Nisekoi 79

The Onodera siblings are the cancer killing Nisekoi.

Good chapter this week ruined by Onodera randomly walking into another misunderstanding.

bigkrev

Hantsu x Trash 1

That is some quality smut. More girls should be giving guys handjobs to distract them while playing water polo.

xxxHOLiC Rei 06-10

A little odd how their first case kinda didn't get wrapped up in the glorious CLAMP fashion and instead gets tossed aside to another case.

Aizo

Banned
I remember when my friend from Tokyo was trying to get me to read HxH a few years ago, so I looked up some random chapter and saw art similar to this. Not the best first impression. He told me that Togashi's art changed a lot. I wish he could stay consistent with releases and art... and his health.

I'm reopening some old wounds, huh?

dumbyugi

Notes from the Garden of Lilies

I liked that even though there was drama it wasn't the standard angsty drama that these types of yuri manga tend to have. The art was nice and the characters were pretty good. I'll be keeping my eye out for more from this author. 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom