• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mann vs. Machine (Team Fortress 2 Co-Op) |OT| Robot Parade

Chanser

For those outside the Continental US, how has the pings been like on official Mann Up servers? I'm wary about buying a ticket since I'm not sure how playable the mode is from South East Asia.

Most of the time I was connected to a local server.

I'll do it again for the day, Dallas based server open for your fun probably til late evening:

connect 68.232.163.130:27015; password mvmfun

andycapps

No more of this until they fix the join in progress. Sucks to get to 6/8 and be down to four players.

They seem to have fixed the join times, at least last night for me. I joined a couple games and the matchmaking took less than a minute.

BlackJace

About the "Gray" mod, do you have to reinstall it every session of Mvm? Because i got it to work yesterday, and now the bots have reverted back to blue.

EDIT: Informed that official servers disable custom mods :p

Servers patched:

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 1:
connect 76.12.190.168:27015; password r00tacc3ss

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 2:
connect 76.12.190.168:27025; password r00tacc3ss

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 3:
connect 76.12.190.168:27035; password r00tacc3ss
Thank you so much for use of these servers! I would never have been able to play MvM at all without them.

That said, please set mp_timelimit=0! As is, it is almost impossible to complete an Advanced Mission if you lose even one wave, since the server time limit is used up and it goes to the next map.

Also,

GET IN HERE!

Need 1 more! GOGOGO

Thank you so much for use of these servers! I would never have been able to play MvM at all without them.

That said, please set mp_timelimit=0! As is, it is almost impossible to complete an Advanced Mission if you lose even one wave, since the server time limit is used up and it goes to the next map.

Also,

GET IN HERE!

Need 3 more!

Come join us!

Berordn

I hope the canteen sees use in a crafting recipe at some point because I unfortunately wasted metal making one :/

Unless they changed it or I'm completely wrong, having two canteens actually allows you to fill one up, swap it, and then fill up another. If you get gibbed and need to change what you're using to address a situation, but don't want to waste extra charges, you have that option.

It's not the most practical thing ever, but there's at least some use for it.

=

Got your PM, I'll update them in the morning, since they're full now. Also I see that #2 is rarely used. You guys want me to make that an Ironman difficulty server also?

Got your PM, I'll update them in the morning, since they're full now. Also I see that #2 is rarely used. You guys want me to make that an Ironman difficulty server also?
Thanks!

We can vote to change difficulty... #2 probably isn't used because it had a problem for a while, so everyone stopped trying to use it.

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a problem with items not displaying the correct styles
Added a new command "player_ready_toggle" for players to ready-up in MvM mode
Can be bound to any key in the Keyboard tab of the Options dialog

Fixed the Metal Regen upgrade displaying a percentage instead of an incremental value
Fixed a few MvM sounds not being precached properly
Added Taskbar Window Flash and Drum Roll sound on successful match making for Windows users
Sound will play even if the game is minimized
Added difficulty text "Normal" and "Advanced" to the MvM scoreboard when playing official Valve missions
Fixed UI Bugs related to the MvM splash screens (Wave Loss and Victory)
Fixed a UI Bug that would display previous MvM loot on the victory screen for subsequent MvM games
Server browser will now show MvM mission name in the "map" column. (E.g. "mvm_mannworks_advanced")
Community requests
Fixed a crash when spawning the tank in non-MvM games. Added SetHealth, SetMaxHealth, AddHealth, and RemoveHealth inputs to the tank entity
The tf_bot_add command can now create a bot with a custom name and can create a bot that isn't managed by the value of tf_bot_quota by adding the custom name and "noquota" arguments respectively

Outerhaven servers need to be updated!

How many freaking times is valve going to update the game and not freaking tell anyone.......... Damn! I just updated the servers last night and now there's a new version.

Might as well write a script to kill the servers and run updates in the morning for every night.

Servers updated.... again!

How many freaking times is valve going to update the game and not freaking tell anyone.......... Damn! I just updated the servers last night and now there's a new version.

Might as well write a script to kill the servers and run updates in the morning for every night.

Servers updated.... again!

Thanks for the updates!

Update:
Need 4 players RIGHT NOW!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Sorry guys, I think we just killed server 2 by voting to restart the map... now it's not responding. :X

Looking for 2 more!

Jintor

But did they fix the game deleting all your targelander upgrades on death and restart but not refunding you the cash

Kyou

Did a mann up with friends and we finished it and didn't get any items and we all still have our tickets

The hell Valve

Aaron

This mode was great when the long queues forced people to stick around, but now that people can get a new game in a couple of minutes they're more likely to bail, sometimes even before the first wave starts. Way too frustrating, and ironically a much bigger waste of time.

JoeInky

So I played a mann up game the other day, we had one surplus ticket activated which was mine and when we beat the mission everyone except me got 2 items, I just got one. What's up with that?

dentoomw

So I've found playing Scout the best build for me is to focus on buffing resistances up, and using mad milk / sandman to debuff your enemies. I never focus on damage and my priority is always just to collect money.

Seems to work well although a lot of people still feel scout's are a useless class

Grinchy

Banned
So I've found playing Scout the best build for me is to focus on buffing resistances up, and using mad milk / sandman to debuff your enemies. I never focus on damage and my priority is always just to collect money.

Seems to work well although a lot of people still feel scout's are a useless class

People are really stupid.

Kyou

Maybe it wasn't a Mann Up then?

No, it definitely was. It was the mann up list, we had to select to use our extra tickets, and we got the waves from the mann up version of the level.

Seems like the item server went down as we were finishing or something =\

Scout's my main now too. I got fed up with expecting other people to ever try to get money. Now it's on me, and all I have to rage about is people constantly needlessly buying back in and wasting the money I got for us.

I prefer the Fan of War over the Sandman. Hit the big ones and everyone mini-crits them. In the later rounds when you're full of resists, just run around smacking everything while picking up the cash.

HoosTrax

Scout's my main now too. I got fed up with expecting other people to ever try to get money. Now it's on me, and all I have to rage about is people constantly needlessly buying back in and wasting the money I got for us.

I prefer the Fan of War over the Sandman. Hit the big ones and everyone mini-crits them. In the later rounds when you're full of resists, just run around smacking everything while picking up the cash.
As a scout, it's a little annoying when people kill the bots in really obscure places and don't bother picking up the money themselves. Like in Decoy, if you kill bots either on the cliff path on the left, or in the upper buildings / walkway on the right, don't be surprised if the scout isn't aware that there might be money up there.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Scout is probably the most important class in MvM. Mad Milk slow, Fan O War and the best money catcher are invaluable.

As a scout, it's a little annoying when people kill the bots in really obscure places and don't bother picking up the money themselves. Like in Decoy, if you kill bots either on the cliff path on the left, or in the upper buildings / walkway on the right, don't be surprised if the scout isn't aware that there might be money up there.

Yeah, that's why I max running speed and jumping height. Easiest way to move around the map.

Now that was fun. I just dropped in Mann Up mode and was randomly paired with the best team, we played through two full missions, only failed twice (on the same wave) and dropped no more than 450 cash across both missions. We were a Medic, Pyro, Heavy, Spy and 2 Engies. A wonderful tonic to a week of frustration of trying to complete just 1 mission.

Holy Wars

Banned
I played with an awesome team, went straight through 7 waves without dying, only dropping cash on two waves. Felt good.

I've finished a tour now. Don't think I'll buy any more vouchers.

Vamphuntr

Completed my first Tour. The weapon I got for that was a Bot Killer Flamethrower >.>
I think it's only cosmetic too as it has no description.

Chinner

Banned
2 new tours (intimidate and expert) have been added with new bot weps!

current tour iss ranked as advanced (medium)

Chinner

Banned
playing this now on expert. really difficult.

shit loadso f uber medics, like 10 in first wave (but varies, second wave hsa none).

i can see pyros and good spies becoming more important.

Top Bottom