• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mann vs. Machine (Team Fortress 2 Co-Op) |OT| Robot Parade

DiegoPonga

Neo Member
DataDeletion.jpg

Good work!

Could you tell me which classes did you use?

HoosTrax

Hundreds of people throwing money at their monitors in vain...

2012082000001.jpg

I was kind of hoping that with the end of the weekend, the server situation wouldn't be as bad. Guess not.

Ezduo

Banned
Is there some joke or something where everyone claims their F4 key doesn't work? Four games. Four fucking games on four different servers with four different groups of people and every one of them had exactly one guy claiming his F4 key didn't work and that he couldn't bind it to anything else. Come the hell on.

I only had time to try once or twice before I left this weekend. If someone wants help I'll be on tonight trying again. The randoms I got paired with were not very organized, I'd love to try with some GAFers

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure if it's Mac-only or what, but I think people were saying that the F4 key crashed the game or something. I thought I've seen multiple posts about it on GAF.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Is there some joke or something where everyone claims their F4 key doesn't work? Four games. Four fucking games on four different servers with four different groups of people and every one of them had exactly one guy claiming his F4 key didn't work and that he couldn't bind it to anything else. Come the hell on.

Mac users.

Yeef

In the first thread there were a lot of complaints about F4 not working on macs. .I don't really know all the details, but I think it had something to do with OS X using the F keys for alternate functions.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, I'd love to finally be able to play this game.

I guess Valve doesn't want my Mann Up money.

Owensboro

I assume Outerhaven #2 got fixed? Didn't get a map error when I connected. That being said, you all need to join me! Lets get all 3 Outerhaven servers running.

connect 76.12.190.168:27025; password r00tacc3ss

Exuro

Hundreds of people throwing money at their monitors in vain...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4389/2012082000001.jpg[/IM]

I was kind of hoping that with the end of the weekend, the server situation wouldn't be as bad. Guess not.[/QUOTE]Sorry I had to leave. Heard you guys finished but the vouchers/tickets didnt work?

They really need a reconnect feature. Give players who dc/crash/whatever an allotted time to get back into the match with tickets/vouchers intact. Of the 4 games I've tried to play, 3 of them resulted in dc/crashes.

Also get the matchmaking faster. I hate waiting 30 minutes to play a rather long game. Gotta set aside like 4 hours in the day to get a group going.

Owensboro

I assume Outerhaven #2 got fixed? Didn't get a map error when I connected. That being said, you all need to join me! Lets get all 3 Outerhaven servers running.

connect 76.12.190.168:27025; password r00tacc3ss

Need 4 more on Outerhaven #2! Yeef and I are here, but we can't do it alone!

EDIT! Only need 2 more now!

sophora

Playing with Pubs always feels...so disorganized. Did a few boot camp and Decoy on Mann up with a full party, good times were had. So much fun with friends <3

TheExodu5

Banned
What does everyone upgrade for demoman? I've been doing reload + firing speed for the sticky gun, followed by reload + firing speed + damage for the pipe gun.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Updated servers. Feel free to hop on whenever.

connect 71.103.231.37:27019; password GAF

In the first thread there were a lot of complaints about F4 not working on macs. .I don't really know all the details, but I think it had something to do with OS X using the F keys for alternate functions.

Yeah I'm playing on Mac, and it was really annoying at first, but there's a workaround - you just have to hold down the Function key and hit F4 and it will work fine

Grinchy

Banned
Finally got kicked from a server for playing sniper. We were doing the advanced mode on mannworks and we were kicking ass. We got to a wave that we just couldn't beat. I was hitting groups with jarate, and getting headshot after headshot with my huntsman, just doing whatever I could. Everyone else kept dying.

Guess who they blamed.

Jintor

Was it themselves? You can tell me if it was themselves.

I'm trying to determine the optimal upgrade path for demoknights. Seems you're way better off taking a lane by yourself because allies stealing your kills becomes incredibly painful when each kill is giving you back 100hp.

Really salty over last night's happenings: I was in the final mission of a set of Mann Up, then the game disconnected me. Luckily a friend was spectating and I was able to get my spot back, but it didn't use my ticket or my voucher, so I got nothing, and it didn't count towards my progress badge. This game needs DOTA 2-style rejoining and whatnot.

Proven

Really salty over last night's happenings: I was in the final mission of a set of Mann Up, then the game disconnected me. Luckily a friend was spectating and I was able to get my spot back, but it didn't use my ticket or my voucher, so I got nothing, and it didn't count towards my progress badge. This game needs DOTA 2-style rejoining and whatnot.

It's funny too, since they're developing Dota 2.

HoosTrax

I just did one of the MannUps on MannWorks without any disconnects and I think it didn't count because the item server went down...

Would have made it 5 out of 6 for me :s . Although this one seems to have an almost-exploit as far as constantly pushing the bomb carrier back down into the middle pit so hopefully it won't be hard to do again.

Sorry I had to leave. Heard you guys finished but the vouchers/tickets didnt work?
Yeah we finished the Mann Up a bit after you had to go, I think around midnight. Only mine and your tree friend got credit I think. I got three items I think, nothing amazing.

NBtoaster

Wanted to try Mann Up. If there are 200 empty gameservers why am I stuck in a queue ._.

And lousy wait time "1 minute remaining" -> ? - > "28 minutes remaining" UGH

OK, like... I'm really confused.

Jbc86.jpg

Bought a ticket for a friend who joined us for Mann Up tonight, and his loot included two of the cosmetic items. I thought those were for completing a full tour, and they were a guarantee? I dunno, I'm getting kind of trolled by this mode now, considering I also got shafted out of an entire night's progress thanks to server disconnects.

mclem

Bought a ticket for a friend who joined us for Mann Up tonight, and his loot included two of the cosmetic items. I thought those were for completing a full tour, and they were a guarantee? I dunno, I'm getting kind of trolled by this mode now, considering I also got shafted out of an entire night's progress thanks to server disconnects.

Guaranteed one for completing a full tour. Low chance of one for completing a mission. Your friend was very lucky.

Interfectum

Have they mentioned if they are fixing/working on these queue times. It really takes too long to get in a pug or MannUp game.

thefro

Have they mentioned if they are fixing/working on these queue times. It really takes too long to get in a pug or MannUp game.

Only way to fix that is to run more servers. The issue is you need a 32-slot server to run MVM and only 6 people can play at once on each server (instead of 32 people in the normal game mode). So there basically needs to be 4x as many servers.

HoosTrax

Only way to fix that is to run more servers. The issue is you need a 32-slot server to run MVM and only 6 people can play at once on each server (instead of 32 people in the normal game mode). So there basically needs to be 4x as many servers.
This seems to be less of an issue with Dota though -- I'd say 5 min matchmaking queues on average. Although to be fair, each instance of a Dota match holds 10 players, not 6. But still -- all online matches in Dota are run off of Valve servers (I think?), whereas only the Mann Up TF2 matches require a Valve server.

Honestly I think they should switch the Valve TF2 servers that normally run the standard map rotation and swap them to Mann Up mode for now. There's no difference between community and official servers for the regular modes, other than the Valve servers being mostly vanilla (there are plenty of fairly vanilla community servers too) -- the item drops are the same.

I got an achievement called "Engine Block", but the description says you get it in a Tour of Duty, but I got in a Outerhaven server (with some other gaffers).

andycapps

Hope I can jump in a game with some Gaffers tonight on this. I've played the past couple nights with pubs and we get stuck on the last wave every time.

What does everyone upgrade for demoman? I've been doing reload + firing speed for the sticky gun, followed by reload + firing speed + damage for the pipe gun.

Seems no one answered this. For the most part I just pump everything into my sticky launcher because I'm better using the stickies than the pipes. Clip and Ammo size helps both weapons tremendously.

Top Bottom