• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mann vs. Machine (Team Fortress 2 Co-Op) |OT| Robot Parade

Kirsten

Anyone want to organize a Mann Up game for this afternoon? We've got a game planned for tonight, but I'm free all day. We can easily organize teams here on the forums, no last minute scrambling required.

TIME: 10 PM
MAP: Mannworks
MISSION: Machine Massacre
PLAYERS: NSQuote
Javaman
Fallengorn
Matt
Spaceb0y
Accidante

TIME: Some time today
MAP: Coaltown or Decoy
MISSION: Whichever none of us have beaten
Nihontiger
Alien
Proven?
Kirsten
________

Quote this post and add your name to the second list if you would like to play.

I'll play.

Razek

Banned
You can play the free version of Mann Up Mode, it is identical, you just don't get 'rare' loot drops or stat tracking.

Speaking of which, we need four players, RIGHT NOW! NO WAITING IN QUE!

connect 76.12.190.168:27035; password r00tacc3ss

If you're playing a public game, then mileage may vary on difficulty. If you have a team with enough engineers, then yes, it will be easy.

Thanks guys for the answers.

Forkball

Anyone want to organize a Mann Up game for this afternoon? We've got a game planned for tonight, but I'm free all day. We can easily organize teams here on the forums, no last minute scrambling required.

TIME: 10 PM
MAP: Mannworks
MISSION: Machine Massacre
Javaman
Fallengorn
Matt
Spaceb0y
Accidante

TIME: Some time today
Nihontiger
Alien
Proven?
Kirsten
FORKBALL
Quote this post and add your name to the second list if you would like to play.
FORKBALL

Sianos

TIME: Right about now
Nihontiger?
Alien
Proven?
Kirsten
Forkball

Proven, log on fast! It's before 2pm EST! Nihontiger, add me on steam if you haven't already.

TxdoHawk

Gonna go play some normal servers...but I have a Mann Up ticket to burn, so hit me up on Steam if anybody needs an extra person (TxdoHawk).

How much are tickets in trade value? I want to try and get one of the cosmetic items, but don't want to buy tickets.

I've got things to trade for some (Genuine Pip-Boy, Kringle Collection, metal, etc, etc) if anyone's interested.

Shai-Tan

Banned
The only problem I have with this mode is the glitchy way the bots look when they move around (like the old CS bots) and I think there should be more shot feedback, death animations or something that makes it feel less like a mod

mclem

I've had a few queues lately that don't seem to have filled up their player count; I was stuck in a four-player server first, then a five-player one. That's in Mann Up mode so I'd expect them to be configured correctly.

The only problem I have with this mode is the glitchy way the bots look when they move around (like the old CS bots) and I think there should be more shot feedback, death animations or something that makes it feel less like a mod

There are dozens of new sound effects and voices, how could it possibly feel like a mod? And the whole fun of killing a dozen robots at once is that there AREN'T death animations. Death animations are the most pointless bunch of crap in a game that already has ragdoll.

And I need some people to Mann Up. Sometime tonight, since everyone is so busy ignoring the regular server.

Forkball

Good game TF2GAF. Glad we one-shotted that last round, it was a doozy. Playing Pyro keeps you on the edge of your seat on the harder modes. You have to protect engies from spies and sentry busters, but you are also very useful in killing scouts which could easily backdoor the bomb, and with the uber canteen you can tank and airblast the larger classes. Unfortunately, you can't do all of these at the same time, so it can be pretty hectic.

Also, apparently you can get robot loot even if you didn't level up your Tour of Duty ticket. Kirsten got the robot pyro backpack on her second tour. I guess it's only guaranteed after six or so, but you can still get one if you're lucky earlier.

Prophane33

I was a pretty open TF2 hater; no more! I love this mode so much, its much better than the competitive modes. Gobs of fun slaughtering hoards of robots for the cash inside. I know similar game modes exist in other games, but I've never played those.

I was a pretty open TF2 hater; no more! I love this mode so much, its much better than the competitive modes. Gobs of fun slaughtering hoards of robots for the cash inside. I know similar game modes exist in other games, but I've never played those.

What do you hate about TF2?

JazzmanZ

jesus Demoknight is so overpowered.

I tried it and I literally survived a wave of 150 scouts like a breeze.

and I barely even play as a Demoman.

Sianos

There's an error with the coordinator at the moment, so bear with us for a second. Post here if you want to play.

Proven

Mann Up only works if you use the MvM matchmaking tool. Unfortunately... it's not working for us right now. If it's working for any of you, host a game and invite Quote into it.

Sianos

Game is on hold for a little bit until the TF2 coordinator coordinates again. Add me on steam in the mean time, ready your tickets, and be ready for an estimated time of 3PM!

Vamphuntr

Know it all people are so annoying on this mode. They talk all the time over the mic about their so amazing strategy but when it fails they start to blame the team and come up with worse plans.

Grinchy

Banned
Why does it take up to 15 minutes for matchmaking?

And why does the server list show 2/6 people, and then you click on it, and it says 28/32? Come on Gaben.

Know it all people are so annoying on this mode. They talk all the time over the mic about their so amazing strategy but when it fails they start to blame the team and come up with worse plans.
Yeah the only time I have been able to play, I had one of those guys. He didn't even seem to know how to do anything but he sure was vocal about how everyone else was failing.

Angry Fork

Can someone make a party and invite me? I've been trying matchmaking it takes forever and then does the version error. I don't have a ticket I don't know if I need one when joining a party.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can someone make a party and invite me? I've been trying matchmaking it takes forever and then does the version error. I don't have a ticket I don't know if I need one when joining a party.

Join the gaf servers instead of quick matching. You'll actually get to play.

B00TE

I know someone like this, only he does actually know what he's doing. I can't blame people for not listening to him though, he comes off as a know-it-all and was berating this one sniper who joined us last night. And that sniper ended up being pretty damn good at his job.

Been playing Scout a lot today. I got a Baby Faces' Blaster last night while playing, which made me pretty happy. At first the move penalty was horrid but once I got that boost up, I was weaving around crowds of robots gettin' all that sweet cash with ease. Not sure it's better than the default scatter gun, but I had fun with it. Killing the snipers and spy-bots felt so good.

I feel that unless you've been playing for the last five years it's a very difficult game to get into. Game modes are poorly explained, as well. On my phone right now I don't have time to go into much detail.

I can kind of agree with that. I've played for 4 years now, myself, but having brought friends on-board over the past 2 years, I can agree that the game can seem confusing and unclear.

My best advice would be to find someone to play with who can give you pointers, and to play medic until you get a feel for how games typically play out, what classes typically do what, etc. A medic is useful as long as he's healing people, and it gives you the opportunity to take everything in while still contributing to your team.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've been playing Pyro a lot, but I noticed no one seems to join the GAF servers as a kritz medic, making even basic runs harder.

Anyone down for doing Manovers? That's the only basic mission I'm missing for the achievo, and we were getting trounced on the GAF server when I tried before lunch.

I'm happy to play pyro, medic or Heavy, as the team needs.

Top Bottom