• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my most recent pickups. The shirt is Ted Baker, which I was unfamiliar with prior to purchasing, but the fit is pretty nice and I love the pattern. Was able to find a real cheap Michael Kors tie that I think works pretty well too. It's hard to tell from the photo but it's a real dark blue with magenta pindots that match the color of the shirt.

Q2X9i.jpg

Also, those are the Naked & Famous jeans that I was referring to last week (the ones I've had trouble fading). Thoughts? (Disregard my lack of ironing btw)

I catch a scent of moist sex when I see that picture.

Well done. Fucking humpin' the combo.

overcast

That's a seriously cool looking outfit Lucky. I've tried wearing a similar outfit, hope I pulled it off as well..

I need to start posting pictures here to get that feedback, pretty intimidating. You guys are stylish and all seem to have money.

zethren

Banned
Any recommendations on a nice pair of slip on shoes? I'm not sure if there's a term for them other than "slip on". heh

Edit:

Something like this:
412SL7FYgCL.jpg

Oxford and Finch.

No idea how nice of a brand they are, but that's pretty much what I was looking for. Any thoughts?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Here are my most recent pickups. The shirt is Ted Baker, which I was unfamiliar with prior to purchasing, but the fit is pretty nice and I love the pattern. Was able to find a real cheap Michael Kors tie that I think works pretty well too. It's hard to tell from the photo but it's a real dark blue with magenta pindots that match the color of the shirt.

Also, those are the Naked & Famous jeans that I was referring to last week (the ones I've had trouble fading). Thoughts? (Disregard my lack of ironing btw)

you look supa hawt

Fritz

Any recommendations on a nice pair of slip on shoes? I'm not sure if there's a term for them other than "slip on". heh

Edit:

Something like this:
412SL7FYgCL.jpg

Oxford and Finch.

No idea how nice of a brand they are, but that's pretty much what I was looking for. Any thoughts?

Good you're asking, cause those are really bad.

Go with something classic, like Jodhpurs.

41VjByRQ6WL._SY395_.jpg

sangreal

I don't have a recommendation for slip on shoes, but I can recommend against Cole Haan and Kenneth Cole (obviously). My last pair of Cole Haan slip-ons with the Nike soles lasted about two weeks of light usage before the leather cracked. At a cost of $200+ of course

zethren

Banned
Heh, thanks for the nod in the right direction guys.

You like these?

20348630_B_p.jpg

Yeah, I do like these. But I'm not sure if I like the design work on the front of the shoe. Is there anything in this style but without the holes/design work?

Fritz said:
Good you're asking, cause those are really bad.

Go with something classic, like Jodhpurs.

41VjByRQ6WL._SY395_.jpg

I like these too, but I would prefer something less of a "boot".

zethren

Banned
You like these?

http://assets.clarksmcr.com/products/2/0/3/20348630_B_p.jpg[/QUOTE]

Looking for those led me to these down below. They're exactly what I'm looking for:
[img]http://assets.clarksmcr.com/products/2/0/3/20351164_A_p.jpg
20351164_F_p.jpg

Clarks Chilton Work

If I do decide to pick these up, what are any recommendations for buying shoes online? What's the "exchange rate" on European shoe sizes to American shoe sizes?

Edit: I can't seem to find this pair in any American retailers or online shops, and I'm fairly certain the above website doesn't ship stateside... bleh.

Draft

Edit:

Something like this:
412SL7FYgCL.jpg

Oxford and Finch.

I have a ballin pair of loafers for sale if you wear a 12D American (honestly they would probably fit better if you were a 12.5 or even a 13.)

Looking for those led me to these down below. They're exactly what I'm looking for:
20351164_A_p.jpg

Clarks Chilton Work

These look great!

If I do decide to pick these up, what are any recommendations for buying shoes online? What's the "exchange rate" on European shoe sizes to American shoe sizes?

I've only ever imported things the other way, as in from US > to UK where we're liable for tax and customs charges. Not sure how it works when importing into the US...
macuser1of5 has the size guidelines for you but differences between UK and US sizing is simple to work-out and remember.
With men's shoes, the UK size is always 1/2 a size smaller than the US size.
For example:

UK US (Mens Size)
8 > 8½
8½ > 9
9 > 9½
9½ > 10
10 > 10½
10½ > 11
11 > 11½
11½ > 12
12 > 12½
12½ > 13

Edit: I can't seem to find this pair in any American retailers or online shops, and I'm fairly certain the above website doesn't ship stateside... bleh.

Clarks do have a US site with a US specific selection which doesn't seem to include the Chilton model, but there are a few other choices incase anything else takes your fancy...?
http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/categories/mens/shoes/loafers-slip-ons

zethren

Banned
These look great!

I've only ever imported things the other way, as in from US > to UK where we're liable for tax and customs charges. Not sure how it works when importing into the US...
macuser1of5 has the size guidelines for you but differences between UK and US sizing is simple to work-out and remember.
With men's shoes, the UK size is always 1/2 a size smaller than the US size.
For example:

UK US (Mens Size)
8 > 8½
8½ > 9
9 > 9½
9½ > 10
10 > 10½
10½ > 11
11 > 11½
11½ > 12
12 > 12½
12½ > 13

Clarks do have a US site with a US specific selection which doesn't seem to include the Chilton model, but there are a few other choices incase anything else takes your fancy...?
http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/categories/mens/shoes/loafers-slip-ons

I sort of fell in love with the Chilton model after seeing them, so I'm kinda bummed about that. haha. I did find a pair on ebay for just under $100 brand new but shipping is going to be really expensive. I guess that's to be expected with importing though, heh.

They just seem sleeker than the models for sale on the American site, which is what I like about them. I'll keep browsing and shopping around though. Thanks for the help!

sk3

Banned
When will plaid go out of style? I hate plaid so much. I'm sick of going in stores and 75% of the shirts are plaid.

nick nacc

Banned
Hey guys! What's the difference between a tailor fit suit and an slim fit suit? I am assuming the slim fit would be better for me since I am short and thin. 5'6 135

luckyboyceo dresses like a fucking piiiiiiiimp for real.

I catch a scent of moist sex when I see that picture.

Well done. Fucking humpin' the combo.

That's a seriously cool looking outfit Lucky. I've tried wearing a similar outfit, hope I pulled it off as well..

I need to start posting pictures here to get that feedback, pretty intimidating. You guys are stylish and all seem to have money.

Love this combination.

you look supa hawt
Thanks for all the love, guys. It's really a pretty easy color combo to pull off and definitely gets heads turning when you do. Perfect for Spring/Summer.

Would love to see more pictures of outfits from you guys. Post away!

luckyboyceo What glasses are those? I'm always looking for larger frames like the ones you have on.
They're the Warby Parker Bensen model. I love them. They have larger frames but don't look TOO hipsterish. Would definitely recommend them.

Piecake

What are the thoughts on these? This is the closest pair I could find available to me that resemble the other style from the UK site:

Steve Madden Men's Kyrk Slip-On Dress

They aren't Clarks, they're Steve Madden. Not sure how reputable the brand is, but I think the shoe looks nice. They have black and brown, but I'm gonna go for the brown.

I really dont like the toe on those shoes. Steve Madden shoes also apparently suck (no personal experience with them)

Would love to see more pictures of outfits from you guys. Post away!

They're the Warby Parker Bensen model. I love them. They have larger frames but don't look TOO hipsterish. Would definitely recommend them.

I'll get to posting another one perhaps tomorrow. You've set the bar so high I can never really compete.

I forgot about Warby Parker for a minute. I bought my Burberry frames before I learned about them but next time I'll know better.

But first I gotta save up for these http://www.sunglasshut.com/us/63637 I really hope they fit my large head.

Antagon

What are the thoughts on these? This is the closest pair I could find available to me that resemble the other style from the UK site:

Steve Madden Men's Kyrk Slip-On Dress

They aren't Clarks, they're Steve Madden. Not sure how reputable the brand is, but I think the shoe looks nice. They have black and brown, but I'm gonna go for the brown.

Personally not a fan of square toes. Never seen it look good.

Something pretty different, but what do you think of this:
1594963-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/donald-j-pliner-rex-expresso-distressed-suede-expresso-calf

Minamu

I think this is the best thread for this. Something has gone terribly wrong with one of my tshirts in the washer. Any ideas what happened and can anything be done to save it?

http://i.imgur.com/brL4j.jpg

It's not poop :p (or is it? :S) More like scorch marks or miscoloring. I've tried washing it off but it's stuck. It's only around the neck line and only on this tshirt even though it was a full machine. I've seen Chlorine bottles lying around and have had similar stains on other shirts before but nothing like this. I'm a little annoyed by it because my mom bought it in Egypt for me and it's one of my favorites. Now it's ruined it seems.

zethren

Banned
Here is another humble entry of mine. The shirt hasn't been ironed and I need to get it fitted so it looks kind of weak right now. Pants are dark gray wool in case it doesn't come through in the pic.

Shoes can't be seen but I'm wearing these Clark's.

clarks_union_jack_desert_boots_british_flag1.jpg

New arrival

Photoon7-4-12at103PM2.jpg
Nice fit. Brand?

I think this is the best thread for this. Something has gone terribly wrong with one of my tshirts in the washer. Any ideas what happened and can anything be done to save it?

http://i.imgur.com/brL4j.jpg

It's not poop :p (or is it? :S) More like scorch marks or miscoloring. I've tried washing it off but it's stuck. It's only around the neck line and only on this tshirt even though it was a full machine. I've seen Chlorine bottles lying around and have had similar stains on other shirts before but nothing like this. I'm a little annoyed by it because my mom bought it in Egypt for me and it's one of my favorites. Now it's ruined it seems.
Did you wash it with any brown colors? Were there stains in your shirt that maybe got set in during the wash? Maybe some dirt made its way in during the wash/dry?

Honestly, I have no idea, and I'm not going to pretend I know anything more than the basics when it comes to washing/drying clothes, so I can't do much as far as recommendations go to get the stains out. I suppose you could try and bleach it out considering it's a white shirt. Sorry I'm not much help man.

Here is another humble entry of mine. The shirt hasn't been ironed and I need to get it fitted so it looks kind of weak right now. Pants are dark gray wool in case it doesn't come through in the pic.

Shoes can't be seen but I'm wearing these Clark's.

clarks_union_jack_desert_boots_british_flag1.jpg
Nice, man. The fit of the shirt is passable right now, but if it's one worth tailoring then definitely get it worked on a bit. Clark's are great but I couldn't wear that colorway considering I'm not British. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Minamu

Did you wash it with any brown colors? Were there stains in your shirt that maybe got set in during the wash? Maybe some dirt made its way in during the wash/dry?

Honestly, I have no idea, and I'm not going to pretend I know anything more than the basics when it comes to washing/drying clothes, so I can't do much as far as recommendations go to get the stains out. I suppose you could try and bleach it out considering it's a white shirt. Sorry I'm not much help man.
Nope, no brown clothes for me. As far as I know, it was clean in that area before I put it in the machine the first time (a few months back) and it wasn't any dirtier yesterday but it got even browner still for no apparent reason. Could be dirt, not sure what kind though xD Pretty accurate damage too, that's what's weirding me out the most I suppose :lol Have you handled bleach before? The shirt has a print on it so I don't think drowning it in bleach is a smart move :S

overcast

Alright guys, how much does a decent tailor cost? ( for regular button up shirts/henleys etc.) I would love for a few of my shirts to fit nicely.

I was hoping no more than 15 dollars?

lupin23rd

Picked up a MTM shirt from a local tailor the other day, and although it seems to fit fairly well (could probably use some smaller adjustments, but better than the online stuff I've tried), the following picture illustrates something odd I noticed today - some pinching or bunching around the collar on the shoulder. Happens to a lesser extent on the other side as well.

9Ka2Bl.jpg

If I use this or another local tailor again, I'd like to make sure this doesn't happen, but I was curious if someone can tell me what might be causing it, so I know what to inquire on, and am just better informed overall on this sort of stuff.

As to this particular shirt, can this be easily resolved? This was more of a fun summer shirt so I'm not too concerned on this one, but I'd like to have a solid template to work with on all future shirts.

X-Frame

Hey FashionGAF,

I'm looking to buy a new watch like the picture below, but I have no idea what model that is, or if there are similar models that you all know about that I could check out? Basically, black band at the very least and then the face could be white, black, or silver.

Can anyone give me some watches to check out?

15708_365474854854_5884424_n.jpg

Coconut

Banned
Hey FashionGAF,

I'm looking to buy a new watch like the picture below, but I have no idea what model that is, or if there are similar models that you all know about that I could check out? Basically, black band at the very least and then the face could be white, black, or silver.

Can anyone give me some watches to check out?

Try Fossil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom