• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblitek

I love Betabrand's funky clothing and their long in-seams. I'm 6'5"-6'6" so 36" inseam is awesome! The Japants & Linen lounge pants are super nice as well as their seer-sucker hoodie. Nice small details too.

Then through an incident of events I became one of their Model Citizen's! After about a month and a half this video is he result. (Spoiler: Contains awesome robotics!)

http://youtu.be/L8CnMjujJCY

Note: I paid for all my clothes and I'm not an employee! I just love them as a company.

Alucrid

Banned
Ann d is too foppish/dandy most of the time I would think. All the same stuff really, Ann and Marc mens aren't designed by their namesake :D

And mmm is just another m designer, so Nyah :p I could add Michael bastian and Maison kitsune (hey that's technically their name!). But really, a lot of Italian manufacturers make pants like this (slim, tapered, not meant for pressing), the list is really long. Barba napoli is another one that comes to mind as I write.

Yeah, pretty much any designer we could name has some sort of slim dress trouser. Even RO lol

zethren

Banned
Quick question for anyone who has purchased from Warby Parker:

This is the pair that I'm looking into purchasing.

felton-optical-revolver-black-front-zoom.jpg

They're $95, and I see that in the checkout there is a form to fill out which details what my prescription is. $95 for a nice pair of prescription glasses is really affordable, I think. Is there really no extra charge once you input the prescription and get to the final checkout page? I know it says "includes anti reflective prescription lenses", but it almost seems too good to be true.

Those are really nice, I've been looking for something along these lines. Added to the short list.

You can actually get them for a really great price on amazon right now.

This is the pair I bought.

so i just found out about hermes man and his blog/posts on styleforum. wow. i have never seen brandwhoring like that before and hopefully won't

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have to hit up the Apple store Friday so I'll be in the mall. They have a Clarks store somewhere around the mall, so I may get some of those boots. Also need to pick up jeans, and some athletic/walking shoes for PAX.

Any stores you guys suggest that have good tailored fit dress pants/chinos that aren't super expensive? My Gap pants are nice, but two issues:
1. Wrinkles everywhere, even after ironing.
2. The black ones fade in odd spots. Like when I have my wallet in my pocket you'll eventually see a grey outline of the wallet. They end up looking "dusty" if that makes sense.
Any suggestions would be great.

Also, what about cheaper button-ups, slim fit?

Quick question for anyone who has purchased from Warby Parker:

This is the pair that I'm looking into purchasing.

They're $95, and I see that in the checkout there is a form to fill out which details what my prescription is. $95 for a nice pair of prescription glasses is really affordable, I think. Is there really no extra charge once you input the prescription and get to the final checkout page? I know it says "includes anti reflective prescription lenses", but it almost seems too good to be true.

No extra charge, unless you go for the thinner lenses ($30).

Have to hit up the Apple store Friday so I'll be in the mall. They have a Clarks store somewhere around the mall, so I may get some of those boots. Also need to pick up jeans, and some athletic/walking shoes for PAX.

Any stores you guys suggest that have good tailored fit dress pants/chinos that aren't super expensive? My Gap pants are nice, but two issues:
1. Wrinkles everywhere, even after ironing.
2. The black ones fade in odd spots. Like when I have my wallet in my pocket you'll eventually see a grey outline of the wallet. They end up looking "dusty" if that makes sense.
Any suggestions would be great.

Also, what about cheaper button-ups, slim fit?

i have the gap chinos in both black and khaki, but i don't bother ironing them. i've taken care to not get them dirty, so i haven't washed them since i bought them a while ago. i just pop them in the dryer every few weeks, otherwise i just wear em to the office. they have that "broken-in" look now.

cheaper button ups: express, h&m imo fit
"cheap" chinos: define cheap. at the price point of the gap pants, i just wait until there's a good sale on lands end canvas or j crew

dralla

picked up a new pair of white leather sneakers after recently 'retiring' my old white reebok classics, nike sweet leather classics, white on white, on sale for $45.

jdzSgoDLGnojc.JPG

<3

Melchiah

I like mantyhose, but the guy in that pic looks horrible.

True, and the clothes he's wearing don't really help. I've wore nontransparent black or white pantyhoses occasionally with a black shirt, black knee-length trousers (EDIT: longer than the guy has in the pic; over the knee) and long boots.

EDIT.2: Like in this pic, sans hose though.
BpsSJ.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
True, and the clothes he's wearing don't really help. I've wore nontransparent black or white pantyhoses occasionally with a black shirt, black knee-length trousers (EDIT: longer than the guy has in the pic; over the knee) and long boots.

EDIT.2: Like in this pic, sans hose though.
BpsSJ.jpg

Same boots too?

TTTR

Been visiting the burberry online store looking for a peacoat or coat.
And holy shit look what they put up

60k crocodile blouson

£60k or 70k EUR

Yes there are similar coats/jackets each season but rarely they do get offered online or even in stock somewhere.

hmmmm 48 is my size

On the topic of excess, I was seriously tempted by a Marc Jacobs beaver fur lined bomber a couple of months ago. The fur was dyed bright fucking red and felt like ladyparts. Only $5,500 or so haha.

TTTR

On the topic of excess, I was seriously tempted by a Marc Jacobs beaver fur lined bomber a couple of months ago. The fur was dyed bright fucking red and felt like ladyparts. Only $5,500 or so haha.
I would never drop such a high amount for a MJ piece.

TTTR

MJ collection? Why not? It's right up there with mmm and such. Some of the best rtw cashmere too.
I can only speak for myself but i didn't like one piece i tried on, mostly leather jackets/bombers and some cashmere stuff.
i got nothing against jacobs i simply don't like his stuff. also i wasn't too impressed with the overall quality.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, here's the Sperrys I got. They are a bit more grey than they look in the photo. I put two of my shorts underneath. Do the shoes go with tan and the (lighter) black alright? What other colors (shirt-wise)?

I just can't tell what they'd go best with...

Alucrid

Banned

UraMallas

Alright, here's the Sperrys I got. They are a bit more grey than they look in the photo. I put two of my shorts underneath. Do the shoes go with tan and the (lighter) black alright? What other colors (shirt-wise)?

I just can't tell what they'd go best with...

I have those exact same Sperry's and I bet I bought them from the exact same guy in the Journey's in Ames. Enjoy them, man. I get a lot of compliments on them. :)

Anyway, I'm moving in with two girls and I need some lounge around the house stuff to look good in when some of their friends that I don't know hang out on lazy Sundays. First thing I'm looking for is some nice boxers and sweat pants. I know that's not an oxymoron so help me GAF! Bonus points for a nice hoodie and maybe some stylish t's.

Naked is the only way to go man.

Dare me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom