• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBONZZZZ

people who wear dressy sneakers look like clowns.

either wear real comfortable sneakers or dress shoes. dont be a poser in the middle. the grey nikes look like bootleg ones you see hanging on electric wires in the hood, someone stole the swoosh

If you read my post, you'd see that my intention is to find a pair that can be worn in winter. I have dress shoes to wear when I have to dress up.

Thanks for trying, though.

The first ones are bad IMO but I really like the second ones.

I agree, I haven't seen the Clean Sweep's in person yet, but a store I visit should be getting them soon. I think they'll look better in person. The thing that sucks about the Apprentice's is that no stores in the city are getting them, and I don't wanna buy them without trying them on.

Check out this graphic.

tumblr_meshblGp7i1qg4knho1_500-500x400.jpg

Zekes!

I agree, I haven't seen the Clean Sweep's in person yet, but a store I visit should be getting them soon. I think they'll look better in person. The thing that sucks about the Apprentice's is that no stores in the city are getting them, and I don't wanna buy them without trying them on.

Those Apprentice's would def be my first choice. Maybe the Clean Sweeps will look better in person, but I doubt enough to make me love 'em.

Here's a crappy change room photo of my leatherette jeggings (they just look like skinny jeans) and new Wings + Horns parka:

Health insurance. Casual Fridays and Thursdays. You can wear sneakers if so inclined.

thats awesome. i work at a conservative title insurance company, that's been around for literally 100+ years. though everyday is biz-casual, in order to wear jeans on fridays, you have to donate $5 to a charity of the company's choosing that week. and jeans days are usually once every 3-4 weeks. so dumb.

though i continue to wear jeans on those fridays, i only donate if i really support the charity.

Alucrid

Banned
thats awesome. i work at a conservative title insurance company, that's been around for literally 100+ years. though everyday is biz-casual, in order to wear jeans on fridays, you have to donate $5 to a charity of the company's choosing that week. and jeans days are usually once every 3-4 weeks. so dumb.

though i continue to wear jeans on those fridays, i only donate if i really support the charity.
I consider this karma as I had to wear a suit all last year. Except Fridays I could go without a tie.

manshion guru's, I'm buying a topman vest from nordstrom. I can't see any difference between these two vests, maybe you can tell me which do you like better?

One thing I should note is that I've heard that from topman you buy one size up, I usually would wear the size 40. I'll be wearing this with a dress shirt and tie

eiibL.png

or

eYsci.png

I just want an office where I can wear clothes, period.

manshion guru's, I'm buying a topman vest from nordstrom. I can't see any difference between these two vests, maybe you can tell me which do you like better?

One thing I should note is that I've heard that from topman you buy one size up, I usually would wear the size 40. I'll be wearing this with a dress shirt and tie
For what it's worth, the vests are different color blues, with the first vest being a darker blue, closer to navy, and the second being a lighter blue. Can't say I know anything about Topman sizing unfortunately.

yeah, I'd think navy is the safer/more versatile choice of the two. Petrol blue is a nice color but it's a little funky so won't pair as nicely or look as 'dressed up'.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Topman definitely needs to be sized up a bit. I remember getting a pair of black trousers from them several years ago in my normal size and they were the tiniest pair of adult pants I've ever seen... but I managed to squeeze into them LIKE A BOSS. Their tees and underwear were also disturbingly small.

Zekes, those jeggings are coooool.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like there's something going on with your collar.

Why is your shirt so wrinkled!?

I keeeeeeed but iron the collar yo

Hmm, the collar doesn't seem to lay any other way. Not sure how it needs to be ironed down.

EDIT: I'm stupid. The collar flaps still had a small plastic piece in them... Been a long week.

Throw some kind of product in your hair to keep it from being flat, man! Get some character in it.

Also, yeah I agree that there's something funky going on with your collar.

Glad to see you're rocking the button downs now, though.

I use paste, but I literally have no idea what to do with it. I fought with it this morning just to get it looking decent. I like it shorter like this though.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Those Apprentice's would def be my first choice. Maybe the Clean Sweeps will look better in person, but I doubt enough to make me love 'em.

Here's a crappy change room photo of my leatherette jeggings (they just look like skinny jeans) and new Wings + Horns parka:

Wait, wait, wait. Jeggings? Is this a thing now?

if you're hoping to date women, no, they are not a thing. They are the anti-thing. I'm not sure about mens preferences but I'd hope they would want to leave those to the women too.

bob page

I think they fit Zekes' style but for the vast majority of men, I would definitely avoid- the average woman will not find them flattering. My gf, for example, is perfectly fine with slim cut denim and trendy fashion but she almost threw up when she saw a guy in jeggings.

bob page

having spent time at seedy dive clubs with music dudes with no fame and $4 to their name... Nah.

I live in Brooklyn and see dudes in jeggings several times a day and also have heard girls crack comments about them several times. Not even in Brooklyn can that shit fly on most men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom