• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

My jeggings are more denim than legging. Like I've said they're more of a skinny jean.

And I've totes received compliments from various people (men and women alike) about them.

I definitely agree most guys couldn't rock 'em though. Helps that I'm 130 lbs with proportions like a girl

are wingtip sneakers the new thing that people can charge obscene amounts of money for?

_7497341.jpg

why is this 500 dollars?

Wingtip sneaks have been around. Generally sneaker pricing is getting a bit over the top. Seems they add $40/year (or more) just cuz. Plus they are running low on ideas and going straight into the ugly realm. Look at lanvin for a good example of this.

bah i got a pair of lunargrands this summer now i'm looking for knock offs, i think they are probably the most comfortable dressy shoe i own (only pair of dressy shoes i own).

Got suggestions for decent knock offs for (not so expensive prices)

Anyone have recommendations for good paisley and/or floral dress shirts? I'm looking to try something different and I think this would be a great way to do it.

Fritz

Anyone have recommendations for good paisley and/or floral dress shirts? I'm looking to try something different and I think this would be a great way to do it.

Engineered Garments has awesome floral/paisley shirts albeit a bit pricey. I really wanted this one from their summer line but it was too much regarding I wasn't even sure if I'd had the confidence to wear it.

Tab-Floral-2.jpg

That's like the perfect floral print, isn't it?

Ugly sweater parties are a good opportunity to maybe wear something you normally wouldn't and totally pull it off. That's what I've always done. Sometimes I realize I actually like the sweater and wear it more than once.

ted baker and duchamp too

Engineered Garments has awesome floral/paisley shirts albeit a bit pricey. I really wanted this one from their summer line but it was too much regarding I wasn't even sure if I'd had the confidence to wear it.

Tab-Floral-2.jpg

That's like the perfect floral print, isn't it?
Thanks for the tips, guys. And yeah Fritz, that really is a perfect floral print. I'll definitely have to look into those for Spring/Summer.

coldvein

Banned
Ugly sweater parties are a good opportunity to maybe wear something you normally wouldn't and totally pull it off. That's what I've always done. Sometimes I realize I actually like the sweater and wear it more than once.

haha. yeah. sadly i dont have any sweaters that come anywhere close to ugly.

i hope i dont fuck it up too much by wearing a swag sweater.

Looking for help in identifying two outfits and where to get similar styles, any help is appreciated. Looking to complete the whole outfit:

tumblr_m4xujdELGw1qeuobqo1_1280.jpg

217580225717594174_s5joMEJk_c.jpg

Both outfits look pretty basic to me. Shouldn't be too hard to replicate, there are plenty of stores that offer those items outside of maybe the patch-pocket blazers, although those have definitely been on an uptrend as of late.

I've listed everything both outfits contain, and listed a few places to get certain items. Hopefully that gives you a head start. I don't know much about watches so I wasn't able to list those, but I'm sure someone here can if necessary.

Outfit #1:
- Beige patch-pocket blazer.
- Blue gingham check dress shirt.
- Navy blue knit square tie.
- Navy blue chinos.
- Grey cotton and/or cashmere scarf.
- White chukkas.
- Blue paisley pocket square.

Outfit #2:
- Lightwash denim workshirt.
- Unconstructed khaki patch-pocket blazer.
- Plaid pocket square (there's a very real chance this is the actual pocket square).

Both outfits look pretty basic to me. Shouldn't be too hard to replicate, there are plenty of stores that offer those items outside of maybe the patch-pocket blazers, although those have definitely been on an uptrend as of late.

I've listed everything both outfits contain, and listed a few places to get certain items. Hopefully that gives you a head start. I don't know much about watches so I wasn't able to list those, but I'm sure someone here can if necessary.

Outfit #1:
- Beige patch-pocket blazer.
- Blue gingham check dress shirt.
- Navy blue knit square tie.
- Navy blue chinos.
- Grey cotton and/or cashmere scarf.
- White chukkas.
- Blue paisley pocket square.

Outfit #2:
- Lightwash denim workshirt.
- Unconstructed khaki patch-pocket blazer.
- Plaid pocket square (there's a very real chance this is the actual pocket square).

So awesome. Thank you very much.

whitehawk

Banned
Looking for help in identifying two outfits and where to get similar styles, any help is appreciated. Looking to complete the whole outfit:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4xujdELGw1]

[IMG]http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/217580225717594174_s5joMEJk_c.jpg
I'm really liking that second outfit. Might try to replicate something like that myself.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Maybe it's because I walk almost everywhere, but lately I find myself questioning how white shoes of any type - let alone suede - are a viable option. They're dirty like 15 minutes after buying them. This makes me sad.

Maybe it's because I walk almost everywhere, but lately I find myself questioning how white shoes of any type - let alone suede - are a viable option. They're dirty like 15 minutes after buying them. This makes me sad.
you just wipe them a little bit when they get dirty, maybe give them a wash, and after a certain point you just let them get beat to shit and wear them anyway. There's some accomplishment in having a good beat-up pair of white shoes I think

can't speak for suede though

Kraftwerk

I was looking around for a nice looking backpack. Something to carry around my laptop, camera and other items. Something I could also take for light hiking. I found this, which I think is beautiful. The great thing about it is that it is modular. So I can mix and match pieces for it and customize it whenever I want. It's waterproof too, which is a great added bonus for when I want to go hiking etc.

R6 Arkiv Field Pack by Mission Workshop.

It is on the pricey side tho =/ Will range anywhere from $350 to $600 depending on the pieces you get.

Ok, so the car coat I wanted went on sale so now it's within my price range but it's from an online shop. This is the picture from before of a 44L:

8xtfI.png

Does this look alright or should I attempt to go one size smaller? Some people suggested to try it but I won't be able to get out to try it on until after the sale is gone so I have to choose before I would be able to try them both on again. Does the 44L in the picture look good or should I risk going one size smaller? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom